15405 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States

Hotels.com BookIt.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

• SMELLY DIRTY ROOM

First it needs a elavator. the room i stayd in was dirty and smelly the carpet had lots of spots the tv remote did not work the hair dryer did not work the fridge smellt like rotten chease and caused most of oder in our room and we requested housekepping to clean the fridge and they did but it still smelld like rottten chease. i dont plan to come back to this hotel. this hotel needs alot of work.
    i recomend to stay in legacy it has an elevator and room is clean because i stayd there last year.

• OLD SOUTH hospitality, I won't visit again.

I called ahead and was approved of a lower rate. When I arrived, the front desk clerk Kayla was less than willing to even check to find out if indeed my rate was changed. Even after I explained who lowered my rate, she just took one look at me(I am african american) and rudely began a spill about how they NEVER change there rates lower and that thats just something they don't EVER do. I asked to speak to the manager, and when he did show up, low and behold he WAS the person who adjusted my rate in the first place. He told her the same thing I had been telling her all along. She couldn't even give me the benefit of the doubt when I described who adjusted it! She didn't even apologize for her mistake, so I politely made it known that next time she'll know that rate adjustments CAN be done. The manager was very nice, but because she left a bad taste in my mouth as well as my guest, I wouldn't ever stay at this hotel again. Unfortunately that wasn't the only bad experience we had there. Confederate flags everywhere and some bad attitudes from the locals. The travelers however were all very nice.

Unique Quality: Located on the beach across the street from Gulf World.

More about Beachbreak by the Sea

I really liked the motel, but an elevator would have made it wonderful!

The room was very clean and well appointed, room service was timely and very courteous. The motel itself is very good and the section of the beach it is on is just breathtaking.......but I am a BBW and carting my 'critical mass' up and down all the stairs really gave me problems. Now get your fur back down, I realize that my girth is my problem, but what about my sister who has arthritis in her hips? It's just that it would make B visit into an A without much effort.
The pool area was sublime!

The Truth

The Beach Break was wonderful. My room had a tub with shower, not stalls, and the jail bars are only on the balcony just above the pool. My room was clean and we had a gulf front room. We had 2 beds and a kitchen with room to move around. We will be back!

beachbreak was perfect

by TripAdvisor Member chappy319

stayed at this place on monday and tuesday sept. 12 and 13. rally saw no need for elevator, the ground floor is 3rd floor, , so easy to any floor. the people that work at this place are very kind and helpful. there was quite a few staying at this hotel and all were having fun. the kitchen is super nice feature. everything you need is within walking distance. fantastic beach and gorgous sunsets.

BeachBreak by the Sea

This is the 2nd time we've been here,and the customer service is excellent!! The rooms were clean,they even upgraded us!! I love the pool area,and the location of the hotel.There are bars on the balcony from floor to ceiling,but only on the rooms near the pool.Supposedly all rooms in EVERY hotel near a pool must comply w/this for safety code reasons.Silly Spring Breakers!!! Good continental breakfast,and beautiful gulf front rooms!! I definitely recommend this hotel!!!

Very Disappointing

Nonsmoking rooms stink just like smokers rooms. I was assured by front desk, high speed internet access would be available in their lobby, it was not connected the entire weekend. Overall, I would not recommend this place to anyone 25+ years of age. It is neither comfortable or clean.

Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member TullyToo

Didn’t have a reservation and it was the end of spring break so we were happy with this place in a fairly quiet area of the Miracle Strip. Bed and bath were clean and we got clean sheets and towels everyday. Rest of room and common areas were what you would expect at a beach location. Had a refrig and microwave, but they also have rooms with full kitchens. Breakfast was a little scimpy, but enough to get you down the road. We were on the third floor with a good view of the ocean and pool (small). Room was quiet. Wouldn’t want to be on the 1st or second floors because the view wouldn't be as good. There is no elevator, but the stairs aren’t bad. Front desk quoted us a price and they charged us more, but we were eventually able to get this worked out. The girl who checked us in was very nice. The man who was there the rest of the time was so-so. Maybe he was just tired from all the spring breakers. Parking would be a problem if they were full.

Best vacation in a long time

by TripAdvisor Member travel lover 7777

My boyfriend and I stayed 8 nights (April 22 through 30, 2006) at Beachbreak. If you are looking for a relaxing way to spend a week, this is it. Our room (2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms) had a private balcony overlooking the ocean. Everyday, we spilt our time between the beach, the pool and the hottub. It was glorious. We were on the third floor (of four) which was perfect. Rooms on the first floor open out directly to the pool area - no private balcony to sip coffee in the morning or watch the sunset at night. Also, bring a radio or other source of music - none is provided. We didn't rent a car, but that worked out fine as well. Within walking distance are a cheap and great diner (across the street), a convenience store, a couple beach stores with towels, sunscreen, tshirts, etc (and smoking paraphilnalia, if you're interested) and several good bars and restaurants. The chairs/umbrellas on the beach rent for 20-30 bucks a day - you're better off buying a chair ($11) and umbrella ($7) at Heatwave across the street. We went to Sharky's (seafood and drinks on the beach, with live music every night), Calypso's (lots of tv's- perfect for basketball fans during playoffs), Shuckums (best oysters) and The Big Kahuna (locally owned dive - very entertaining). I had never been to Panama City Beach before, and I'm glad I went. Soon, the condos and "Seatowne" (luxury/resort/condo/spa conglommerate being built as I type) will completely take over this sleepy little slice of paradise.

wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member pbrown32

just returned from beachbreak. front desk was great-we arrived at 9:30am-they let us change in the lobby restroom so we could go to the pool and called us in 30 minutes to tell us our room had been made ready. hotel is small so it's no big deal to run back and forth to room. no complaints

Nice, Inexpensive, Clean Rooms

If you're wanting luxury, this is not it, but if you are budget minded and want a clean room, a great location and a good atmosphere for kids, this is the place. It seemed to be well maintained and all the employees that we came in contact with were really friendly.

There is a GREAT hill of shells out in front of the motel....over to the left if looking out at the ocean....around where the volleyball net is. Take your bucket and a little sifter.

The bedding and decor could stand some updating, but it was comfortable and, again, the room was clean. Another downside was the showerhead was REALLY low on the wall. I'm 5'8" and the spray hit about at my shoulders so it was hard to wash my hair...and my husband is 6'1" so it was a lot worse for him.

They didn't have the vertical bars up on the balconies around the pool when we were there. Maybe that is only during spring break times.

Their breakfast included the following: Coffee, a juice machine with Grape, Apple and Orange juices, mini powdered donuts, mini blueberry muffins, english muffins, an assortment of bagels, apples, bread for toasting, an assortment of jellies, butter and cream cheese.....and a bowl of hardboiled eggs. I didn't understand the egg thing, but people were eating them. There were two 4-slice toasters there so we never really had to wait to use one.

We just had a plain room with 2 double beds and it had a mini-fridge and a microwave. There is a table and chairs over in one corner. It was really easy to just get by with that. When you came in the door there is a little cabinet/countertop with a door and a drawer for storing things. The microwave is on top and the minifridge is underneath. The mini fridge is a good size (counter height) with a little freezer tray area. We went to the Super Wal-Mart (4 miles away...turn right out of the hotel....then right where it says "scenic route"...keep going straight and it will be on the left) and bought some microwaveable dinners (frozen and the non-frozen kind) and some of those Betty Crocker microwave dessert bowls....and that plus lunchmeat/peanut butter/chips and snacks were able to EASILY make it a budget friendly stay (4 nights).

Comments