17101 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32407, United States
Beachcomber by the Sea
Booking.com BookIt.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Beachcomber By The Sea

Beachcomber Motel was nice but too noisy due to large front windows.

We stayed at the Beachcomber in 1999 when it was brand new. The unit was attractive and spacious. There was a noise problem though because the bedroom was on the street side of the building and it has large windows overlooking the street. I did not rest at all because of this and haven't stayed there since.

Great Getaway, surprise specials, upgrades!!

We originally had a room booked at their sister hotel: Beachbreak and upon arrival we were upgraded to Beachcomber Hotel where we wanted to stay originally. We were able to check in early (1:00 not 4:00) Everything was pretty clean, lots of staff constantly cleaning, friendly. Big hotel but did not seem overcrowded, nor in the pool. We stayed from July 14th til our anniversary on Sat. July 17th.
Rooms looked very clean, appliences seemed new, did have trouble with fridge staying cold but ended up all right. For the special rate we received by booking you just couldn't get a better deal, under $100 a night for a complete suite, 2 rooms and kitchen. I recommend highly. THANKS BEACHCOMBER!!!!!!!!!!! The Fagan Family

Wonderful Stay! Perfect In Every Way!

Highest praise for Beachcomber By The Sea. We were delighted with our unit which we booked from 10/23 - 10/27/04 - quiet and overlooking the beautiful gulf. Our unit was very clean and equipped with everything that we needed for the kitchen. Pool & hot tub were also very clean. The staff was very friendly and most helpful with any questions that we had since this was our first visit to Panama City,FL. Ample parking right in front and carts available for use in transporting your luggage which was most helpful.Nice continental breakfast served in the morning which was a surprise for us. Highest kudos to Beachcomber By The Sea. We will definitely make our next stay at Panama City Beach with them. Only complaints were the lack of restaurants down in that area since it is located at the west end of the strip. Also LOTS of construction along the strip which made driving a bit slow during the day.

by TripAdvisor Member Brian9898

We just stayed at Beachcomber last week for the first real week of spring break. Overall, we were not impressed. From the impression I got from the group I was travelling with, I have travelled quite a bit more and stayed at much nicer places. For the $1,600 a we paid for a weeks stay, I do not think it was worth the money at all. The rooms were small, the couch was plastic (literally) and the maid service was absolutely non-existant. We had to fight for towels every morning. The maids were rude and we were told we could either have towels or room cleaning. One or the other. I'm sorry but for $1,600 I want clean towels AND the room cleaned. Finally midweek a new maid came in and actually cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, etc. however she was not to be seen the rest of the week and the room was dirty as always. They also had an issue with taking the trash out. It simply was not done. Otherwise the hotel was decent but I would probably classify it with hotels such as Motel 6, Super 8, etc. If you're not a very finicky traveller, this hotel would be acceptable for you. The location is also a little less desirable for the spring break crowd since the hotel is so far down the strip and the construction around the area makes the beach pretty empty. However for a family looking for a more quiet hotel, Beachcomber would be acceptable.

Had a wonderful vacation

by TripAdvisor Member gavlk

Well I guess timing is everthing. The 5 days we were there were great. A nice combination of families, young adults and older people. Coming with 2 teenagers I wish it would of been closer to the action, but worked out just fine. This was our first time staying there and I would stay again. yes the couch is plastic, but having a summer cottage on a lake I can understand why! The staff was friendly and never had to ask for anything, we got plenty of towels. There was noise, but if you don't want noise, you better rent a house in Rosemary Beach!!! I'm sure in the full swing of spring break it can be nuts, we were lucky to have a later one. We booked our room online, a double suite for $129, not bad. I think the only improvement could be a larger area for the breakfast(which was a little sparse), it wasn't laid out very well, but that didn't stop us from using it! We were happy!

Great for the price!!

We stayed at the Beachcomber from 4/8 - 4/10. We were traveling with two children and were very pleased with the accomadations and the pool area. Our room was very clean and there were no problems with the staff. One night some of the teenages kept us awake for a while but that is just what you get for going to the beach during Spring Break. We are planning a longer trip in May and plan to stay at the Beachcomber again, hopefully with not so many teenages around this time.

Steer clear of this one!!

I booked 2 BEACHFRONT rooms online at this property. I called prior to making the reservations to verify that the room would be beachfront and I was told that ALL of their rooms were BEACHFRONT. After making the reservation, I called once again to make sure the rooms would be beachfront and again was told that all were. Upon arrival, we were directed to rooms that were not only not beachfront but were ACROSS THE STREET. I argued that I was told TWICE that all rooms were beachfront and included the name of the employees I had spoken with and was told that if I wanted a beachfront room, it would be TWICE what I was quoted when I made the reservation. When we went to look at the rooms across the street, we found ourselves in a dingy little roach motel-type room that held one tiny television and FIVE sets of BUNKBEDS!!! There were no linens, no pillows, nothing, only wall to wall bunkbeds. There wasnt' even walking room because of all the beds. We returned to the front desk to return the keys because we were definitely not going to stay in those conditions. The (very unfriendly) desk clerks said it was not their fault, that their website wasn't updated and no apology or anything else was offered. The only positive is that we were given our deposit back. While waiting for the refund to process on our credit card, all four of us in our party heard the desk clerk on the telephone describing their rooms and we clearly heard her say that ALL THE ROOMS WERE BEACHFRONT. This hotel is obviously in the business of trying to rip people off, plain and simply this was a case of bait and switch and a housekeeper employed at this motel said this same situation has happened numerous times to other potential guests. We did not once recieve even a simple apology. I recommend patronizing one of the other NICE and FRIENDLY properties at Panama City Beach.

It's the little things that add up...

JUNE 13TH TO JUNE 18TH 2005, Third Floor. Never again. All of this for $189 a night. Nice big rooms and bath. The kitchen was fully stocked. We had a very nice view. The air conditioner worked great. Two T.V.s. Enough hot water for 5 people. Housekeeping was good when your in the room to tell them what to do, not good when your not there to make sure the bed is changed or the carpet vacumed. The employees at the front desk need lessons on how to be polite when speaking to the paying guests or they might need to go on a vacation themselves. At times it was noisey - doors slaming, people running or music blaring from a car radio on the street. Not many parking spaces, we had to park across the street in another businesses lot where Beachcomber had signs posted. The Trolly runs every 35 to 40 minutes not 10 to 15 minutes like the front desk told us. No water in the Hot Tub - it was being worked on. The beach was OK, seaweed everywhere along with rusted, crushed cans, fishing lures with BIG hooks, so you better wear shoes while on the beach, this was in front of the hotel, you would think the staff would clean this stuff off the beach like they clean the pool every morning. This Hotel is far away from anything except Winn-Dixie. Don't eat across the street, all the meat is way undercooked (raw in the middle) and the vegetables are a couple of days old. Have been coming to this area every 2 to 3 years for almost 27 years, we like to try out diffrent places and things. We will NOT return to the Beachcomber.

Great Stay! Would visit again!

Our family stayed 4 nights June 23-27, 2005. Hotel seemed fairly new and was thankfully on the quieter end of the strip. We were greeted by a very nice desk clerk. Got our room as promised --beachfront--3 beds--full kitchen. Electronic key wouldn't work and the maintenance man immediately took care of the problem. That was the only problem the whole trip. Pool was cleaned every morning. Hot tub was hot. Beach was as beautiful as could be expected. (Smokers take note and throw your butts in the trash!) Housekeeping didn't come around until early afternoon but always left plenty of towels and cleaned well. On our last morning from our balcony, we even watched dophins in the ocean. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Comments