Best Value Inn Beach Front Resort

Tags

Hiking and Walking Beaches Music
See Amenities

HORRIBLE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2011

April 20-23, 2011
Felt like we were in the ‘Out of Towners’ movie
This place was horrible. I am 53 and have stayed in a lot of hotel rooms and condos in my life but this one was just incredible. As the first day rolled on and we kept finding faults I had to start putting them in my phones notepad or I would not have even remembered them all. We would have left after the first day/night but we had booked it through a booking agency and could not get out of it without just losing all of the money.
The whole problem starts with the hotel being one that rents to those under 25. There was craziness going on all the time. Sleeping!!??? Are you kidding? Every single night we were kept awake by kids on both sides of us coming in at all hours, making noise, partying, throwing up. Yes, the walls were so thin you could hear all of that. I was in the bathroom and could hear when someone was peeing next door, or throwing up. This was supposed to be a vacation right before my girlfriend started a new job and she wanted to sleep late – between paper thin walls, overcrowded rooms next to us with people coming in at all hours and the sun coming in that was not going to happen. And oh my god, the slamming doors! The doors were not even easy to close in our room but there seemed to be a competition to see how loud people around us could close the doors with it being such a problem anyway.

Here are the problems we wrote down (not even sure this is all of the problems!):
No toilet holder
Very thin walls – could hear everything next door – see above paragraph.
The tub drained so slowly you were standing in several inches of water by the time you were through
There were only two clothes hangers
The curtain was broken and would not extend over the length of the room window to prevent the sun coming in the morning.
Doors very difficult to close without slamming
Overcrowded rooms – We saw several units packed with kids and families. There policy states a limit of 5 guests per room at ANY one time but both rooms next to us had more than 5 a lot of the time plus we saw a family of about 8 in one room. Their policy states ‘NO EXCEPTIONS will be made’. The one time I made an attempt to get the room next to me to quiet down they had at least 8 people in the room drinking and partying.
Mildew smell on carpet around the air conditioner unit
Bed – There were metal rails sticking out of the sides of one of the beds we had to watch out for all of the time. Plus the bed made very loud noises –as if it was not put together right.
TV – Due to all of the kids I guess the TVs had the cheapest universal remote I have ever seen for all of the TVs they had so it would not even operate all of the features of the TV! First of all the remote we got did not even work so I had to have one brought to the room. There was no TV channel guide channel on the TV nor was there any listing of channels the hotel TVs got in the room either.
TV A/V inputs – We brought a DVD player since we knew the room did not have one and due to the remote being a cheap universal one there was no way to access the a/v inputs.
Parking – The parking lot was very small as they shared it with a place called Sharkeys next door. People who were coming to the restaurant at all hours were using the Hotel parking lot which was not even big enough for the hotel guests. We walked to several places to avoid parking in their ‘solution’ – an overflow lot two blocks away. Not only that but they couldn’t even offer us any kind of food deal for the place sharing the lot with them. Just tough *** – find a place to park where you can. Another thing – we asked about this and the front desk person told us to go ahead and us the handicap spot and she would watch over our car for us and not let it get towed or ticketed!!!
Door tag – I have never been at a hotel where there was no ‘do not disturb’ tag to put on the door
Internet – what hotel does not have wired or at least wireless internet anymore? You could go use the wireless access the room though. A two person table set up in the corner of their check in area.

The beach experience was not even great as they shared the beach area with a huge condo across the street, which I am sure they were getting paid for, to the detriment of their own guests. We had to move several times, even when we rented chairs as crowds of people (some who had paid for the chairs and most who had not) crowed us on the sides and even setting up directly in front of us so we could barely get out of our chairs and get to the beach.

Thank goodness my girlfriend has a tremendous sense of humor, realized there was nothing we could really do but laugh at the whole thing or we have just cried about it. We had just seen the old ‘Out of Towners’ movie so we labeled this our version of that movie. The good thing was that it was our first trip together and at least we know if we didn’t kill each other on this trip we can go anywhere together!

Unique Quality: It is unique in that it is so bad!

Please don't go here if you value your sanity - the lower price is not worth it!

Nearby Best Value Inn Beach Front Resort

Best Value Inn Beach Front Resort

• Best Value Hotel Beach Front
  • Best Value Inn Beach Front Hotel Panama City Beach

Address: 15013 Front Beach Rd., Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States

Amenities at Best Value Inn Beach Front Resort

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Panama City Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Panama City Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Panama City Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Panama City Beach hotel reviews