11212 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32407, United States
BookIt.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Edgewater Beach Resort

by TripAdvisor Member realtor99

This was our second time to Edgewater, rented through the main office. I think next time, we will rent through an owner. The condo we were in was okay. Not as clean as last year, but yet not filthy. Condo was showing signs of wear and tear. There are gangs of kids there, and that's okay, but it seemed like several hundred this year. Running around and screaming all the time. The pools had so much chlorine in them, you could hardly breath around them. I guess this is because there are sooooo many kids and you know what happens when you put alot of kids in the pools. The hot tub at the lagoon pool was always loaded with kids. The restaurant/bar is extremely high priced. There was hardly ever anyone there, probably because of the prices. I think if they would get more realistic in the prices, people would use it more. The beach was wonderful and that is where we spent all our time. This place seems to be pretty safe and there is security around asking you to show your bracelet when coming in off the beach which is nice. The parking lot is gated and you must have a guest parking sign to enter. We felt safe letting our teenage children roam around the complex without us, even in the evening. There did seem to be alot of underage drinking going on at the beach in the evenings, but that is not Edgewaters fault as the beaches are public areas and anyone can access them from other hotels or public beach areas. The beds are comfortable and there was a washer and dryer in our unit which was great. Having a full kitchen helps with cooking a couple of meals in each day. I would recommend this resort, there is plenty to do, just be careful of the amount of kids running around screaming. At night (around 10/11) it did quiet down considerably. Other than leaving to dine out or shop, there is really not reason you would have to leave at all. There is a Publix grocery store close by as well as the superWalMart a couple of blocks away so it is easy to stock up
without too much of a hassle.

Safety Advise

A man approached my daughter at the Edgewater Beach Resort and claimed to be the manager of a local restaurant. After spending time with her and treating her like a friend he asked her to go to his home to meet his mother (owner of the restaurant). He served her beer and they talked for a while, but when she used their restroom he took items from her purse.
My daughter used very poor judgement in leaving with someone she didn't know. I am submitting this review so others will raise their awareness before making the wrong decision to place their trust in hands of someone else.
A report was filed with the Bay County Sheriff's department and the restaurant was notified of the incident.
Be careful and aware.

We love Edgewater more than anywhere we've stayed in PC!

by TripAdvisor Member Artsy43

We love Edgewater Beach Resort. Panama City has the best beach in this area of Florida. We go to regularly and always try to stay at Edgewater. We usually get a 2 bedroom/2 bath deluxe unit. They are roomy and have everything we need. The last unit we stayed in was in Tower 2 on the 4th floor. I think it was 402. It had a handpainted mural of the beach along the entire wall and a seashell chandelier hanging above the dining room table. The main room had a mirrored wall on the opposite end. The floor was white tile and there was carpet in the 2 bedrooms. One room had a king size bed and the other, a queen. There was a sofa bed in the main room, so there was plenty of room for all of us! The kitchen was fully equipped and they have a washer/dryer for all your sandy beach towels. I heard that you can call ahead and have the resort stock your condo with some essentials for a small fee, although we just go to the Publix. The resort is gated and security guards patrol the area to make sure that no one comes up from the beach and uses the facilities that you are paying for! There are hot tubs conveniently placed around the property as well as several pools. The landscaping is fabulous and you feel like you are in the Garden of Eden. The public areas are spotlessly clean and we've never rented a unit that was dirty or underequipped. I understand that the management oversees the units that are rental and they must run a tight ship. We've stayed in several different units and have never encountered one that didn't meet our needs. Decorating taste is somewhat subjective, and some are nicer than others...most are just wonderful! We try to go to the beach as much as we can and have rented other places and have been very disappointed, but not at Edgewater! The restaurant is pretty good, but then there are excellent restaurants all around Panama City to choose from...the drinks at the Palapa are excellent! There are shops across from the resort that you can walk to using the walk-over bridge or the resort has a trolley that will take you there. There is also a Publix grocery store a couple of blocks away so you can stock your condo. A band is usually playing at least one night on the weekend by the pool. The beach is fabulous. You can sit and read under their rental umbrellas and chairs or just go buy your own at one of the stores and leave it if you have to fly home... still cheaper. You can rent sea-dos, go parasailing or just sit and relax. There is plenty for everyone in the family to do at the resort or nearby...yet you are removed from the outside world. If there is a golfer in the family, Edgewater owns "The Legend" golf course. There is a 3 par across the street too. Edgewater has a spa, although I've never been there...bobbing in the ocean is sufficient for me. Tennis courts and the workout room are across the street also. I thought the customer service was excellent. I highly recommend Edgewater!

Loved the Lagoon pool!

We stayed at Tower III, and had a very roomy two bedroom two bath suite. We enjoyed the beautiful lagoon pool, the hot tubs and the beach. There was a Pizza Hut on the premises, which was great for the kids who don't care for seafood. I was very surprised by the security at the resort. Nobody comes off the beach or walks around that doesn't don a bracelet from the resort, and the beach was well it at night. We had a fabulous time and will definitely be going back again soon! Thanks!

not worth what you pay

The resort is very attractive, unfortunately service is very disorganize. I reserved a deluxe one bedroom and called ahead of time to confirm the reservation. Upon arrival I was checking to see if I could check in earlier. I was informed that the room wasn’t ready and that they would call me when it was. I didn’t receive a call until after check in time, approximately 16:15 and it took another 15-20 minutes to get checked in due to the volume of customers and slow customer service. Before I arrived at the resort I ordered flowers and was told they would be in the room before check in. Needless to say they were not and I had reserve a deluxe one bedroom and was place in a Standard one bedroom due to the resort overbooking and wasn’t even informed until I called the front desk. I asked them if they had the flowers at the front desk, they said yes I asked if they could bring them up, it took them approximately 20 mins to bring them to the room. We paid a $20 for cleaning upon check out, upon arrival the room had trash left on the balcony in the bathroom. I talked to the front desk about the room rates and I was charged 222.00 when checking the internet rates for a standard one bedroom price is 144.00. So I don’t like to be over charged. The one bedroom sliding door handle was busted to the balcony. I had to talk to three different employees at the resort to have them change the rate from 257 to 222 which should have been 209 average. Over all the place is very beautiful but would not go there again due to staff at the resort, being overcharged, dirty rooms, check in and out time wait. I hope you have a better experience than me.

Quiet and Peaceful - too many kids!

by TripAdvisor Member SusanVette

Upon arriving, securing a one bedroom villa, we assumed we would be at least near the beach. We were taken across the street to the back 40! While it was nice and quiet there, it was difficult to walk around. No sidewalks and lots of curves with cars going over the posted 15 mph. Dangerous for children. Pools at most villa areas were nice, not just one pool for all. A MUST is the Breakers Restaurant entertainment. We ate dinner there and the food was good, but the entertainment was the BEST! Been to Vegas and this show wins hand down and it was FREE (or included in your meal price). Desk clerks at hotel were not very accommodating or nice. VERY young and rather rude. We came back to complain about the dirty room and ashes all over. At the end, you pay the cleaning fee of $20 no matter if you left it better than when you arrived. This place overall, was just like International Drive here in Orlando, or Daytona Beach with the thousands of kids visiting. All the kids screaming and driving up and down the strip. Traffic is atrocious! Beautiful sandy white beach, but the noise on the strip and the dirty rooms make you not want to come back. We always wanted to see Panama City Beach, now we have.

Edgewater is the best

by TripAdvisor Member millerandmiller

Loved the Edgewater Resort; we stayed there from July 18 through the 25th and the staff was excellent and very friendly. I rented a 2 bedroom/2 bath villa on golf course which was very roomy and comfortable. also had a front row seat on the main drag and enjoyed watching the younger people cruising at nite. the beach was clean and the lagoon pool was great. had a rum runner at the bar which was a little bit light on the liquor, other than that, i would recommend this resort to anyone who is going to pcb. great location, security, and very peaceful.

nice resort but service was awful

by TripAdvisor Member kcd41501

The grounds around the resort are beautiful and seem to be kept up, but the check in was not as promised. When we arrived 1 hour early was told our room was not ready which is fine because I forgot about the 1 hour time difference, but when I went back at check in time it still wasn't ready. I waited around for about another 30 minutes and went back and still was not ready. Finally I ask can I maybe have another room if mine is still not ready, which at this time I was told mine was ready. We also called on wed. to ask for garabge bags and also toilet paper and never saw any on so we went and bought our own. Our room was laid out nice but not very clean at all, and we paid 159.00 for this! It seems this resort is very over priced for the amenities you are give because the only thing they offer are the pool believe me you pay for everything else. Will not waste my money again.

beautiful beach....staff not very customer service oriented

We visited Edgewater August 5-8, 2004. This was our second visit to the resort in the last several years. The beach is beautiful and the lagoon pool was awesome as well. The front desk staff that checked us in was not very customer service friendly. In fact, I'm not really sure why the two people who we encountered would even consider working in the hospitality industry.
We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo which was very roomy. It wasn't as clean as I would have liked. One of the bathtubs had a very slow drain...just little stuff that gets on your nerves.

Need Vacation Home/Condo, etc. - Somewhere NEAR TALLAHASSEE, FL

by connieran

I am looking for a nice vacation home, condo, beach house, etc., preferable near a beach, that sleeps at least 6 people, with at least two bathrooms. We only need it for three days from May 23-26th. Any suggestions? It has to be kind of close to Tallahassee, like maybe no more than 30 min. away.. or so.

Hoping to find a nice place, and with family-type things to do, nearby.

If anyone has any suggestions, but they are a little further away, please let me know that too. Maybe as far as an hour or so from Tallahassee may be ok. THanks.

by USanFrancisco

The only places I can think of that would be worthwhile are Panama City and Jacksonville. However, both of those cities are about 2 hours away.

by drnigelc

The closest beach (with any sort of access point and civilization) is St. George Island, and that's still a good hour+ away.

I would stick with Panama City Beach, it's 2 hours away, and lots of family activity.

If you stay, go with Edgewater Beach Resort - it's one of the nicest places on the beach.

Hope that helps!

by connieran

Thank you so much for the informative answers. I will look at the suggested places. Thanks again!

• Jun 10, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I do not understand the bad reviews on this hotel although just like any other condo complex the condition of the unit is the choice of each owner. We stayed on the 8th floor about a year ago. I have nothing but good to say about it. No it didn't have granite or marble countertops. I wish I could remember the number of the unit so pictures of it could be looked up. It didn't have a fancy shower. But it was very clean and well kept and in very good condition. Everything was in working condition and so nice to have a washer and dryer in it! And the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in on vacation. My opinion? You don't rent a condo to sit in your entire vacation and point out it's flaws. Go out and enjoy what Panama City Beach have to offer. I understand some of the negative posts here are justifiable. No, bugs all over the place and filth are not acceptable period! But for those of you that didn't include the unit number in your review please do! That's one thing I don't like about this site. It gives a review of the entire complex and rates it based on the complex as a whole. And I realize that the rating of the complex is a compilation of many reviews. But in doing this it might make a person miss out on a great unit like the one we stayed in. The location was excellent, view of the Gulf perfect and the price was right. If I can remember the unit I stayed in I will post it her ASAP. Oh and almost forgot! The pool area was AMAZING! Like a tropical paradise.
    With that being said I hope everyone find what they are looking for :)

• Jun 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Also couldn't find where you could rate this unit as for the stars. I would rate the unit I stayed in a 5 star. Also forn the post about the two inch long cockroach? Like I said bugs are not acceptable. But there is no such thing as a two inch long cockroach lol! Ok... It was a bug. If you can say you've never killed a bug in your house...well to be blunt you have to be lying...

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jun 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Welcome to VT.

You cannot rate the individual units on VT. You cannot rate the accommodation. On Vt you can only rate VT reviews for their helpfulness ...but there are *no* VT reviews for this accommodation.

You may not have realised that the opinions shown above are all from Tripadvisor (this page does actually say that several times). Tripadvisor is a 'sister' site of VT but an *entirely* different site with an entirely different function. The star rating shown comes from the 'stars' given by each individual reviewer on Tripadvisor.

Perhaps you could look for reviews about this accommodation on the Tripadvisor site where, if you join, you will be able to write your own review and give your own rating?