Flamingo Motel & Tower

15525 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States

More about Flamingo Motel & Tower

Best on the Beach

The summer of 2003 I stayed at the Flamingo three times. The last time being Oct. 2003. I love it. I stayed at the Flamingo when there wasn't even a tower and I have never been let down..Wonderful prices, beautiful view, lovely and helpful staff. Tammy Timms Malcom Gunter and Mildred Gunter say the Best on the Beach.

Rooms too warm!

The place was nice enough in many respects. Not a fancy place by any means and we were expecting maybe a little nicer for the price. The rooms were fairly compact but okay. The rooms definitely needed updating! We had plumbing problems like others have mentioned: the was almost no water pressure in the shower. It was bad on the first day and only got worse each day. The only way to have any pressure was full hot and I mean scalding. Cold water pressure was almost non-existent. We talked to the management and they sent their maintenance man a day later and he replaced the toilet flapper and it didn't help anything.
Management after that was not helpful, no rooms were available to move to. They didn't offer to do anything to compensate for the inconvenience. The A/C was horrible. You would freeze in the ocean side living room but sweat to death in the bedrooms. More A/C is badly needed to balance things out. We also hated having to park across the street in that gravel parking lot. You sometimes had to wait ten minutes or more to be able to cross and then it was dangerous. I'm not sure we'll go back there again without major changes.

Love it!

My family and I have stayed at the Flamingo hotel pretty much every summer for many years, even before hurricane andrew when they built the tower. We love it. The rooms are great and the people are friendly. You have a choice between two pools, a hot tub, or the beach. The view of the Gulf is beautiful also. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

We've stayed EVERYWHERE and noting compares to the Flamingo!! My family has been going to PCB for the past 30 yrs, every summer and some October Trips too...July/2003 was our first stay at the Flamingo. It has a beautiful courtyard type area with a pool gulf/beach side...it's peaceful and relaxing. There is another pool and hottub on the Tower Side which is also gulf/beach side. The staff is very friendly, it is family owned and operated. The rooms are clean, and are decorated in beach colors. Our room had a kitchen, and there are grills and a picnic table (2) out on the tiled balcony overlooking the beach and gulf. Very roomy area. The hotel is close to the grocery store, and is close to all the attractions. It's far enough off to not get all the traffic, but close enough to not mind any traffic you might encounter while heading out for a meal or activity. Compared to hotels in this same price range, it buries them in the sand, I strongly reccomend anyone taking a peek for themselves!!

A Great Time!

My husband and I just returned from a trip to PCB to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We stayed at the Flamingo in the Towers section. I had read other reviews here and was a bit sceptical until we arrived. The room was very bright, clean, and even though we were on the 2nd floor, had a beautiful view! The parking lot was very small, but it was no bother to cross the street a few times. We always managed to meet housekeeping as we were leaving for the beach, and she left us plenty of towels. All of the employees we encountered were very friendly. This is a great place to stay. The tropical garden is lovely, there were two pools, and a spa. Everything was very well-maintained. Highly recommended-we'll go back again someday.

I would recomend

We have been staying at the Flamingo for the past 6-7 years. I am pretty happy with it and we will stay again. I have checked other places on the beach and this one is pretty well tops in cleanliness and service in this price range. Over the years i have wondered if I was missing something better, so on our annual trips down we have spent some time just looking at rooms at other motels, most do not compare. We have always stayed in the tower, it is always clean and seems to be maintained for the most part. The only issues we have had is that we stay in October and have a small child, they seem to not turn on the heat in the pool or turn it on to late to have it heated by the time the cool air hits, one year we hardly got to swim at all. One pool is not heated so i don't think they could turn it on too soon, if it was too warm for other guests there is always the non heated pool. We have noticed this more so in the latest years we have stayed. As mentioned in some of the other reviews the lady who works the desk at night is not the most friendly person, and doesn't appear to be very excited about addressing you for any reason. I have had a total different experience with the day staff, never a problem. It seems though that crowds have picked up overall in this area at this time of year, and the overall atmosphere is different when the hotel is full! We usually are very happy with the service like towels etc, however it seems to have become more lax in recent years also. It is still a nice place to stay but i think it has become somwhat hit and miss with more and different staff. I will say though that you really can't beat it in the price range. I just wish they would turn the heat on in the pool a littel sooner.

Relaxing hotel!!!

What a wonderful vacation! The flamingo was very clean and had a great layout. Awesome veiw from our room on the bottom floor next to the pool! the atmosphere was very relaxing without a lot of partying going on during the day, great family getaway! Panama city has really come down hard on partying on the strip , but the local bars are another story!!!! We were there for the 4th of July the fireworks were great we had one of the best views on the beach considering the hotel is very close to the pier!!!! the only complaint I had was that I wish we could have stayed longer!!!! there are alot of new hotel being built on the strip, I really believe that the community is trying to make PCB a more family going place instead of a Huge partying town which in my opinion isn't all that bad considering i am a young adult myself!!! I think PCB could use some cleaning up!!!! I highly recommend the Boondocks Restraunt , it is only like 5 miles from the hotel GREAT FOOD!!!

Enjoyed the motel, just one small problem

We are a family of 4 and had a great time at the Flamingo. Staff was all very nice to us. Room was very clean and bright. Two small issues, one being the kitchen that we were told was a "FULL KITCHEN". It had just about everything you need with the exception of tops for any pots or pans. Had to use aluminum foil as a top, and there were no bowls over cereal size. The other was that there was only one A/C unit in our 1 BR room. The living room was freezing and the bedroom was hot. Especially at night. During the day we spent all our time outside and they do have an awesome property. Nice pools and easy access to the beach.

Deceived

I just wanted to share my experience in visiting the Flamingo Hotel and Tower in Panama City. My family chose this hotel from the internet. We viewed the pictures, rates, and description of the hotel and were very excited. We paid 160.00 per night for a two room suite-complete with kitchen, living room and kitchenette.

Much to our surprise when we arrived, the hotel did not look anything like the picture on the internet, I do not know what hotel was pictured on the net, I just know it definitely was not this one. The room looked nothing like the one we had seen. There were no doors separating any room, the kitchen was in the living room and it was not consistent with the quality that we expected by viewing the photos.

Needless to say my husband and I are very disappointed with what we got for our money. We would not have minded paying 60.00 for this room but definitely not a 160.00

I would not advise this hotel simply because we feel that we were deceived in what we were truly getting.

Jennifer

Rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member MaxOhio

The maintenance staff and night office staff were very rude. After spending 100+ a day for a room you would think the staff personell would be more courteous.

Comments