11127 West Hwy 98, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32407, United States

Holiday Inn Resort Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 201% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Natallia's Profile Photo

Pleasant place

Very friendly staff, willing to help, we have been treated always well. I would recommend couples to go there in September or October, when the family crowd with kids is gone.

Unique Quality: Nice big rooms with fantastic views on the ocean

• Great Week w/Family

7/12/2010 - 7/16/2010 My family had a great time at this Resort Hotel and I'd recommend it to friends in a heartbeat. The service was immediate. I asked for additional chairs for the balcony or extra towels and would find them in our room when we returned. The only hitch in the get-along all week was a misunderstanding about beach towels-bring your own as although there are plenty for pool side use, they don't let you bring their towels on the beach. We were able to take advantage of special rates-199 for three nights & 224 after that. We stayed a week. It's not a dump by any means. Our room was clean, a/c ice cold, great ocean view and security personnel walk quietly thru the place all day and night (I like that alot!). Every employee was polite and eager to not only serve us, but to greet us with a smile. They always had some event going for the kids. Movies at the pool every night, games at pool side in the afternoons. A Youth Director kept the kids in water volleyball all week and the beach NEVER had tar balls-NEVER! There has never been any oil in Panama City Beach from the Deepwater Horizon.
    This hotel is located right in the heart of the Panama City Beach strip and we took in all the sites. Ripley's, Wonderworks, the shuttel to Shell Island and more. You must take your kids on the Sea Dragon Pirate Ship. Two hours of absolute kid fun and a wet bar for mom & dad. You can tell Capt. Phil loves kids as he directs them in proper Pirate fun and how to hoist-up the buried treasure! This guy rocks! We loved our stay at this hotel/resort!
    We didn't do the $17 breakfast buffet which seemed way too high to me, so I can't atest to the food quality. We were out and about before firstlight each day and ate on the run. We did enjoy the Tiki bar located stratigcally between the pool and the beach! Hoo Hah! Try the Long Island Ice Tea while Jimmy Buffet is singing-they play a variety of good music all day at the pool!
    Yeah we had a great time and I never answered a cell phone or looked at a computer monitor all week......

Unique Quality: We never felt insecure or less than safe anywhere on the property. One family had a fancy Florida motife beach towel stolen from them on the beach and the staff security hunted down the scoundrels like dogs. It appeared the Police were even called! Go get em boys!

The pool is a giant with a water fall and the Aqualand kid's pool rocks! Go to the webcam in Aqualand and wave to Mamaw and Papaw!

The view is fantasic, every room looks out to the Gulf. We saw dolphins feeding each morning. And bring a flashlight for each kid as the critters come out in the dark on the beach and that's when you find the best shells.

Beach umbrellas w/two lounge chairs (that hurt my butt) are $40 a day, but I don't like sitting in the sun. We found all the local surf shops had cheap beach umbrellas for $8 that worked well as long as the wind stayed resonable.

The Life Guard is a warehouse of local information and very friendly. He also is the umbrella attendant and deserves a good tip. Many of the hotels keep Lifeguards on duty. Ours was there from 8-5 each day.

I'm always suprised when folks complain about hearing kids running in the halls all night in hotels. Go stay at an adult resort! There are plenty of them. This is a place for kids to be kids!

• doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

the holiday inn sunspree beach resort a good place to stay on panama city beach. the holiday inn has an excellent located in central p.c. beach. the holiday inn offers all of the amenities that you expect from this moderately priced chain.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

A Resort On the Beach

We stayed next door. Our directions said that our hotel was right before the Holiday Inn

Unique Quality: Hotel website says: ...Polynesian paradise at the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel, Panama City Beach, Florida. The hotel is ideally located beach front on the sugar-white sands of the Gulf of Mexico. This award-winning Panama City Beach hotel boasts 340 gulf-front rooms, all with private balconies, lush, tropical gardens, two on-site restaurants, and a poolside tiki bar. This Panama City Beach hotel also features a fitness center with steam room and sauna, cascading waterfall pool, two hot tubs, kiddie pool, game room, and on-site shopping. The Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, Panama City Beach features a conference center and a private walkway to the "Beach Lover's Beach."

The Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, Panama City Beach caters to kids and families who crave adventure by providing seasonal, live entertainment, supervised kids' activities, a FREE kids' club, a nightly torch-lighting ceremony, water sports and more. The Panama City Beach hotels numerous amenities, convenience to area attractions, legendary service and vacation packages keep guests coming back to our Panama City Beach hotel each year.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

This place had it all

This was a great hotel. Large balconies, a nice pool, right on the beach, karaoke every night on the patio, a strip mall across the street with a Subway, a grocery store, and close proximity to a ton of great restaurants and bars/clubs. I would highly recommend it although I don't believe they allow spring breakers anymore. For those of us my age, that's probably a good thing!!

Unique Quality: Amazingly close beach access (right through the patio gate) and excellent views from the balconies of the pool area & the beach. Right in the middle of everything!

More about Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Panama City Beach

GREAT FOR ALL AGES

by TripAdvisor Member zorrocourtney

Stayed here with 4 kids ages 9 to 16 all had very good time. The staff is friendly. Everyone is given a elastic arm band to wear so no one will question you if you are a quest or not.There is a full size refrigerator and microwave, coffemaker, two queen sixe beds. The rooms are very nice and all have ocean view. Your close to all the action. Will return. Be sure to avoid the Palmento motel ,awful staff.

Very nice

Visit was in October of 2004 and orgianally wanted to stay in Destin but IVAN took care of that. This place had very freindly staff. Nice parking area. Beach was excellent with jet ski and chair rentals out front. What really makes this place great is the abundance of tropical plants and theme. The morning breakfast buffet was fabulous......if you reserved the "Best breaks" rate on the Holiday Inn web site. If I had not done so I would not have paid the $10 per person for it....not because it wasn't good but because I am cheap. However watch out on the reservation web site! The same rate was given with or without the breakfast and I am glad I paid close attention when making my reservation. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to go to Panama City Beach. That said. Panama City is not my kind of place and I would hate to be there during the peak season. Unless of course I get to be 18 again ;)

My Little bit of Heaven

I was fortunate enough to have spent 5 glorious nights at your hotel this month and would like to thank you for your excellent facility.
Your staff are the nicest people that I have come in contact with in a long time, your restaurant and pool eatery were great. The activities for children were second to none and the director of activities, Tammy was a real treasure.
As it happened my Daughter in-law was there on a convention and my grand-son and I were invited along for the trip. It was the best holiday that I have ever had and its your staff that made it this for me.
You should be proud of yourselves for offering such great service.
I have already told my friends here in St John's NL, Canada about you and I am sure you will get many new guests from Canada.

Comments