Panama City Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6985

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa Blanca Resort: Condo

This place was directly on the beach. The amenities included
TV, HBO available
Wireless internet
Golf, tennis nearby
Located directly on Panama City Beach
Easy access parking lot
Walking distance to countess shops, restaurants & events.

The room was mirrored to make it look bigger

On their website a one bedroom unit Nov. 29 - Feb. 6 is $99 /day $600/week. We did not pay that much

We got to Panama City in rainy weather about 1600. The RCI page about the place said that it had 2 stories and they charged for local calls. They don't charge for local calls, and there are three stories, and we were on the third floor. The guy that checked us in gave us a Panama City Beach map and some restaurant recommendations.

It was VERY cold when we were there and sort of windy. Bob spent some time inside watching the New Years Day festivities on TV. The next day, Bob walked over to Walmart (which was a little farther than he thought it was - the walking distance advertised for shops and restaurants is not all that close-we never walked to a restaurant) and bought a new step counter, but forgot to get glue for the leg of his glasses that he squished off in packing. He did find a cheap place to get gas.

One of the main reasons for going to this condo was to shelter somewhere for New Years, and also it advertised a free wi-fi. I tried again and again to get on to the free wi-fi and finally succeeded. It took a long time to get the computer to log on. I often had to go and do something else (have a shower, edit photos) and let it log itself on at leisure. I also tried to dial on the phone, but couldn't get the computer to recognize a dial tone.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written January 19, 2008

Bed area

• doug48 profile photo doug48
  • Reviews: 5204

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Days Inn - Panama City Beach: on the beach

the days inn is located in central panama city beach and is a good option for tourists on a budget. this beach front hotel offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this budget chain. a good choice for tourists on a budget and the business traveler.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 20, 2009

days inn p.c. beach

• Debesiuke profile photo Debesiuke
  • Reviews: 16

I have stayed at LampLighter...

I have stayed at LampLighter Inn for 2 month and I liked living there very much. The ocean is very close, Walmart is only some minutes away, post office and banks are also not far from the motel.
50$/week/one person

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written August 26, 2002
Tip Photo

• red_stone profile photo red_stone
  • Reviews: 41
As a kid, my grandmother has...

As a kid, my grandmother has been set on staying at the Peeks Motel, on Front Beach RD. I remember staying there. It was a nice place, and was right on the beach. Being on the beach can be a great advantage. To save money, I would stay at the Super 8 Motel on Front Beach RD. The Super 8 Motel is just off the road, but not a beach front motel. That was ok with me because from the motel it was only a 5 minute walk(across the parking lot, through the traffic, and along side of the motel on the other side. I have to warn you though about the last Inn I stayed in. The Fountain Bleau Inn, across from Pizza Hut. It was the only place to stay because there was a convention in town when we went. It is blue in color. We got a room with a window view of the ocean and was happy about it, until we got to the room. It hadn't been cleaned at all, and the room smelled like pee. So we went and complained, and they moved us to another room. We got to this room and it was clean, but had no view of the ocean. I was very disappointed. There is noone in the office between 10pm and 9am. So I had to drop our keys off and hope that they would send the deposit back to me by mail, which they did. So just a small cautionary there.

Super 8 Motel was very clean, very affordable, and had a great view of the ocean from the 4th floor up. Because the sun was already up at 4:45am, (sunrise was probably about 4:30am or just a little earlier) I was able to enjoy the view of the sun against the ocean with the sun being behind the motel.
The Fountain Bleau Inn---I can't say I was pleased with the service, the rooms, or the pool. Only thing that was good about it, was that it was across the road from Pizza Hut, and it was on the beach.
I haven't stayed at Peeks Motel since I was 12 years old. Last I have seen, and you can't miss it..hahaha, is that they have done some major remodeling. What I mean by you can't miss it, is because it is PINK, and definitely stands out. Peeks Motel is a family motel, and has been around for years, and they have plenty of experience in running a motel. I still hear good things about the motel.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 3, 2003

• tcc_dc profile photo tcc_dc
  • Reviews: 30
We stayed at the Holiday Inn...

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree resort. Each room has an ocean view.
$120 a night during the low season, which for us was between the spring breakers and Memorial Day.

The pool is nice and large if you want a break from the beach. The also have two jacuzzis.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• babybird profile photo babybird
  • Reviews: 82
You PAY for what you get in season.

In peak season, everybody charges almost double. Where you will really have to decide your priorities in hotel rooms is in the matter of your view.

Generally, you can expect to pay a premium for a room that overlooks the beach. If you plan to spend most of your time ON the beach and not LOOKING AT IT FROM YOUR ROOM, you can save some big money by choosing a regular room. Sometimes the difference can be $50 to $80 or more in season. That's a savings you could use for a fancier dinner or more drinks at night. Ofcourse, the gulf view IS hypnotizing and I
personally prefer a room that opens onto the beach. Use your own judgement when they ask you. If they don't, make sure YOU ask THEM whether or not the room faces the gulf.
You will avoid disappointment later.

• Opinion of Price: N/A