15100 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States
Booking.com BookIt.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Origin at Seahaven

Wonderful experience! Best deal on the beach!

by TripAdvisor Member crimson4lif

When I booked this stay through bookit.com and it was supposed to be a normal beach vacation. Then I decided to turn it into a proposal. When discussing this with the staff they "bent over backwards" to accomodate my plans. They even helped with most of the planning (THANK YOU MONICA). Bookit had me in the wrong type of room and when asked they gladly changed my booking to a room that I originally desired. Quick and with no problem. Being that this was a suprise there were times when the staff had to do things "secretively" and they did it PERFECTLY! This is not their duty but yet they went way out of their way to help me out! The proposal went off better than planned and there is no way it could have not happened without their help. Ryan and Shannon (front desk) MANY THANKS! William PERFECT SETUP! Monica YOUR THE BEST (GIVE THAT GIRL A RAISE!)! The room was very nice. Beautiful view of the gulf. The studio was plenty big and the kitchenette part was perfect for what we needed. The pool area is kinda small and is shady because of the U shaped building but overall great! Being on the 4th level allows you to sit at the pool and see the gulf all in one. I couldn't have asked for a better time and the staff couldn't have helped make this time more special. Even though the beach access is across the street....it is literally straight across and not far at all. Now WE are thinking we might come back to Origin for our wedding on the beach......Thanks for all yall have done! P.S. She said YES!

WONDERFUL VACATION!!!

by TripAdvisor Member aawilbrn

WOW!!! Where do I start? My fiance and I just got back from a four night stay at The Origin. When we got to the hotel last Friday night, Panama City Beach was abound with nightlife. It was so exciting that we couldn't stay in the room for long (even though the room was great!) You have got to try Sharky's - it's right across the street. The hotel gave us tokens for a free cocktail at the tiki bar. It was amazing to sit at the bar listening to live music and watching the waves under the moonlight. Other great restaurants we tried: Margaritaville at Pier Park, Pineapple Willy's, and Captain Jack's Seafood Buffet. As far as recreation goes, Adventures at Sea was right on the beach across from The Origin. They offer a variety of aquatic activities - we tried parasailing and sailboating. We found out that sailboating is not as easy as it looks! Gulf World Aquarium is right down the street. We could hear the dolphins at night when we walked by! Shipwreck Island Waterpark is also nearby, though we ran out of time to check it out. We also counted about four miniature golf parks within a five mile radius of the hotel! The pool was gorgeous! The hot tub was very relaxing but it was packed full with people every time we went. Yes it can be noisy around the hotel, especially at night - there are plenty of young people who like to yell and shout and honk their horns (all in good fun.) The rooms themselves are quite peaceful though. We barely heard anyone in the halls - we were on the eighth floor and stayed in the basic studio efficiency. The big comfortable bed and brand new amenities were impressive. One thing we loved was how friendly everyone was. Strangers waved to us and said hello as if they were old friends. The atmosphere was very welcoming. We did not think it necessary to pay extra for a gulf front view, however, we lucked out and our room (805) still had an amazing view of the ocean and the strip on front beach rd. *Here is the real truth about the elevators - there are two in the center but there is also one on each side of the hotel making for a total of FOUR elevators NOT two!!! And yes - one of them did stop working the last night we were there. When it was still not working in the morning we informed the staff and they said that they were unaware of the problem! The other elevators were working just fine though.* Overall, this trip was amazing. The hotel was lovely and the staff friendly. The location was convenient (just steps across the street from the beach) and the view from our room was breathtaking. We would definitely stay at The Origin again! I will post some pictures!!!

Great Deal

by TripAdvisor Member Apalch

I found the property to be conveniently located on PCB. I had a hard time making the reservation on line. I called their telephone numbers and had a little bit of trouble getting through. The price is what kept me trying. They are running fantastic specials. The young lady was lovely and even waived the reservation fee for me.
Once we arrived on site the experience was fantastic. From start to finish everyone was top notch. The room was clean and decorated very up to date. We asked for a late check out and the manager gave us 3 extra hours. I never expected to be able to stay that long. I will be back.

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member mema49

My husband and I spent our 41st wedding anniversary at The Orgin of Seahaven on June 11, 2008. Our one bedroom condo was awesome. The entire atmosphere, staff and location was what we really expected. Thanks Orgin of Seahaven for making our stay enjoyable. When planning our next visit to Panama City we will make our reservations with Orgin of Seahaven John and Mary

You get more than you pay for at Origin

by TripAdvisor Member whitaylot

Great one bedroom, very large condo for great price, super nice. Don't worry, you'll have everything you need, even if you use the kitchen. Beach is short walk across street but 4th floor pool has great view of ocean. Picked the cheaper forest view room but still had a sideways beach view. Have paid more and had less nice room and hotel. Online pictures do not do rooms justice, they look very nice in person. Will most definitely stay here again you get more than you pay for. Tip: find the service elevators and use them, we stayed in 1107 and svc elevator was 20ft from our door.

Really Nice

by TripAdvisor Member BarBar1

The only reason I didn't give Origin an Excellent:
They didn't keep the elevators clean.
I guess with all the use they get its difficult but in the 4 days I was there they didn't get cleaned once.
Outside of that the Origin was a good place to stay. Room was more than adequate.
Access to the Beach was across the road but easy to get there.
Parking seemed adequate.

Seahaven

by TripAdvisor Member jwhite1

I absolutely loved these condos. The prices were amazing, and I didn't want to leave. I believe I will stay at Seahaven everytime I go to Florida. The only thing I had a problem with was the elevators were way to slow. I wish the workers would of had their own elevators so the guests could have private and fast elevators.

Beware....if you need to cancel - Very rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member sunny79Florida

Our family was planning a trip to Panama city and decided to give Origins at Seahaven a try, so I booked our reservations. Our plans changed so we needed to cancel our reservations. Since we were cancelling two and half weeks prior to our arrival date (14 days is all that's required) we assumed this would be a fairly easy process. When my husband called, he spoke to Monica who was very nice and helpful. We told her we understood the cancellation policy and knew there was a fee for cancelling the room. She said she would not charge us the fee this time. She just wanted us to remember them the next time we visited Panama City. We were pleased with that! My husband asked for a cancellation number and she said she couldn't give one because she was having trouble with the computers. She took down our number and was suppose to call us back with a confirmation number. The call never came so after a few days we called back. This time we spoke to someone different and she said the cancellation wasn't in the computer. We explained the situation to her and she said she would refund our money with the exception of a $25 cancellation fee. When we told her what Monica had told us about the fee, she said Monica should have never done that because she isn't authorized to. We were a little upset that we had been promised one thing from one person and then told later they couldn't honor that, but the lady wasn't budging on that so we let it go. A week has gone by and our credit card still hasn't been credited AT ALL! I called to ask about it and the lady was EXTREMELY rude! She wasn't helpful at all!! When I asked about the refund, all she said was "they refunded your money." I told her it wasn't showing up at all on my on-line credit card account and she snapped back with "well it takes a couple of days." I said well I guess I'll just keep checking and she hung up on me. No - thank you for calling, sorry I can't be of more assistance, let me get you someone else that can maybe help, nothing......If the personnel acts like this over the phone, I can't imagine what they are like in person. I am shocked. I will never make reservations here again.

family fit.

by TripAdvisor Member ocbe

Origins at Seahaven is the perfect hotel for families. If your going to have a good time with friends stay away, and if you go make sure u do not make loud noises. My friends and I got kicked out on the second night of our stay with no warning for the music being to loud. Stay away from origins hotel unless you are going with family for quite time.

Slow Elevators, Bad Oranization, Horrible Management

by TripAdvisor Member PatMan3000

We attempted to check in one hour early to find out that the room which was reserved for us was still in use! They assured us that the room would be ready by check-in time and we walked around to kill some time.

We returned to find out our room still wasn't ready and that we had to wait for yet, another hour. Instead we asked for the keys and said we wouldn't go in for awhile. We went right to our room anyways to find no one there and the room clean...or so we thought.

While moving in a manager of the cleaning staff stopped by to make sure the room was clean to their standards. However we found smudges on the windows and food crumbs on the table under the mats. There was a light out in the bathroom and a bulb completely missing from the living room lamp.

We took care of cleaning the place ourselves and called about getting the lights fixed. The rooms aren't lit very well and the bathroom is terribly dark while taking a shower. It took 48 hours to get a light bulb in the living room because they walked off with the lamp. Apparently it was broken and after several phone calls it was returned.

The cleaning staff did a lazy job about cleaning. They only do minor cleaning procedures each day and on the third day they change the bed sheets. They come by really early in the morning to clean your rooms. If you ask them to come back later, they won't come. You'll have to call the desk about 3 times or so for help. I also found In the kitchen some of the glasses had chips on them.

Parking is also a challenge. Make sure you park in the structure before 3pm. It fills up fast and not all of the cars have permits on them. A lot of people were making their own parking spots within the structure. If you cannot fit into the structure, there is a few spots around the building outside and more parking a block away...however it becomes a real hassle when you just went grocery shopping.

Awhile later I realized that I had reserved room 1B Oceanview. On their website they have a layout of the rooms and where they are located. I had a palm tree in front of the balcony and a view of the pool. There was a slight view of the ocean. When I went to inform them of the mistake, Shannon was very nice and helpful. She offered to move me to another room, but it was right infront of the pool where there was much commotion from the 4th of july holiday so I declined. She told me I could speak with her boss Mackenzie the next day.

Since I had paid EXTRA for Oceanview and got a pool side view for three days of my stay, I was hoping for reimbursement and my room changed. When I spoke to Mackenzie, the Hotel Manager, I was treated horribly. She refused to give reimbursement saying that each room was owned individually and she couldn't change it if there was nothing wrong. I had the wrong room and she argued that all the rooms were ocean view in the front of the hotel. This isn't what I had paid $1,700 for 8 nights. I would have thought as a businessman that they would treat me like a high paying customer. Next time I will try another hotel.

Brownie SundaeBrownie Sundae

downtown, look at all the people!downtown, look at all the people!

Comments