Osprey on the Gulf Panama City Beach

15801 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States

More about Osprey on the Gulf Panama City Beach

Excellent place to stay

I stayed at the Osprey the month of January and had no problems. The staff was friendly and hard working. The price for the month was about $20 a day. The balcony is bigger than any hotel I've stayed at and the staff washed the windows at least once a week. The only problem I had at vacationing at that time was many of the places I normally would eat at was closed during the month of January.

Nice Beach BUT the carpet in the room was DISGUSTING!

The room was damp. The AC was noisy. The carpet was completely disgusting. It felt grimy and wet. The soles of our feet were black the entire stay.

The motel has a no money back policy, so we had to stay our three days.

The beach was nice. There's a sand bar that you can walk out for about 40 feet in the late afternoon. It looks like you are walking on water.

I would hope that there was a better hotel room in PCB.

We loved the hotel!

I chose the motel after my friends and I had to change our vacation destination from Fort Morgan at the last minute because of Hurricane Katrina. We really enjoyed our stay, and the staff was very friendly. They had a Labor Day special, which made our four-day stay very reasonable. The hotel is a little removed from the gigantic, and not so attractive wall of condos, and is walking distance to a few shops and restaurants. We found a great sports bar across the street, and also visited Sharky's, but mostly, we made our meals in the room's kitchen to save money.

Had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member mentone1

We stayed at The Osprey in September. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our room. Our room was clean. The carpet needs cleaning. Other than that everything was great. Darrel and Tammy at the Tiki Bar offer a great time also. Very nice people. We will stay there again next year.

What a surprise

My friends and I stayed 9/11/05 to 9/17/05. It was our first stay at the Osprey. I was a little worried since reading some of the reviews, but as soon as we saw the room that was put to rest. The rooms were spacious and CLEAN. We were able to stay in one of the suites on the 5th floor. The view was spectular. The pool / deck area and hot tub put icing on the cake. Normally we would have to spend about 150.00 a week to rent beach chairs. Not this time. Everything needed was right there on the deck. The staff was very helpful and nice with what ever we needed. Have been coming for the last 6 years and our regular place is now a huge hole in the ground with a 20 story condominun taking its place. I sure hope not all of the small places don't get torn down. If that happens the average family won't be able to afford to stay in PCB. Will be returning next year and will definately be staying at the Osprey.
There was a lot more I didn't mention like the Florida room where they have movie/popcorn night, the cookout for everyone and a few other special nights. Did not mention the bar since I didn't have time to check it out, but there was no loud noise or what not from that area. There is also a play area for children. I have told all my friends about this place and urged them to stay the next time they come to PCB. I know I will be there next vacation time.

Really nice, safe, clean place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member robundle

I had to go to Panama City for a company meeting, and wanted to stay the weekend. I drove up and down the coast, and randomly selected the Osprey. Boy am I glad! I checked out several other places, but decided on this one. The room was very clean, the place is kept up well, and the people that run the place are really nice. Access to the beach was great. We will be returning!

I love Osprey

I spent there 3 months and I was very satisfied and comfortable there.I love this place,I love the familiar and friendy atmosphere.Every day you can see smiling faces and interesting plan for a day.
I hope to be there again.With love Petra

Loved It

I have stayed at the Osprey numerous times with my children and will continue to stay with my grandchildren. They have things to do for the kids and the beach is wonderful! The staff is great, I will be back!!! Rooms are not to small and the views are great!

Feels Like Home

by TripAdvisor Member williamlee

This was the second time I stayed at The Osprey. I very much enjoy the mom/pop and family atmosphere here. The rooms are by no means fancy but are nice, clean and properly cared for. The staff is caring and friendly too! I would highly recommend The Osprey.

Comments