Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

Tags

Budget Travel Family Travel School Holidays
See Amenities
MichaelB90's Profile Photo

Fun couple's trip with the kids

by written on May 7, 2015

Our friends came to visit us from the UK and found the Hotel online. They liked it based on how much there was to do for kids right there. The idea was we'd get together, both couples with our own kids, and they could keep themselves entertained and let the grown ups have a break.

It actually worked! There's a schedule of stuff going on when you check in for that week, so you can plan day trips to other places in town too, and make sure you don't miss activities or games the kids want to try.

The staff are always present, so if you need something, which the kids did, they felt comfortable asking them for help because they were so friendly (thank to Keri and David especially).

The Ice cream shop and deli on-site were helpful too, since we could give the kids some money and let them eat when they were hungry - so we really did get to relax and not babysit the entire time.

I wish we'd known about the grills sooner, it would have been cool to BBQ there for everyone, but I like that that's an option.

I do wish they had a gym, but that's a minor issue when everything else was so good.

Clean rooms, we went with the cheapest option to save money, but got a free upgrade to a partial-view, which meant we got to see the pool and part of the ocean from the side.

Would go back.

MichaelB90's Profile Photo

surprisingly fun

by written on August 20, 2014

We needed a place to stay while we had some friends visiting, and chose here.

We wanted somewhere that offered things to do to keep the kids entertained throughout the day so the "grown ups" could enjoy some down time too.

We were actually surprised at how much there was, and the games and contests with a dj controlling it kept the kids busy for hours.

It was nice to not constantly be bugged for money too, since (apart from food and drinks) everything is included.

It's not a 5 star place, it looks old, but it's clean and kept up well - it's a 3star hotel all day long, but the fact we all had so much fun, it was a 4star experience overall.

My son loved the arcade and the lazy river ride. We loved the Tiki Bar on the beach, with the hammocks. I doubt we'd go back since we live nearby, but this is the place we recommend friends with kids go to every time.

Waste of money very disappointed

by written on July 31, 2014

After two months of travelling for work the Sandpiper Beacon was supposed to be our down time for rest and relaxation. Having stayed here before and having a good experience on the last visit we were eagerly looking forward to this vacation. First let me tell you, the service and accommodations here are hit and miss. Notice I said our last visit was good, the others absolutely were not! This one is the absolute worst and I didn't think anything could ever top the year we stopped in here not knowing it was biker week and accidentally exposed our children to completely nude women being body painted on the pool deck. The rooms have decayed past the point of being livable in some of the wings, yet they still put people in them at over $200.00 a night. There is a really bad odor in those areas, like a mixture of vomit, urine and rot. The other people who reviewed and said there are no extras in the rooms are not lying. No soap, shampoo, hair drier or even dish soap if you get a room with a kitchen. Be forwarned, bring your own pot holders too and open the balcony door and room door if you use the oven, otherwise the fire alarm will go off as the oven thermostates are not calibrated correctly and will burn everything at 250 degrees. Also, be prepared to walk all 7 flights of stair if you are in the tower because the elevator in that wing is constantly broken, as are the ice and soda machines. If you want to do laundry go early, like when they first open, you may be lucky enough to find machines that don't have a note on them saying "sorry this machine is broken". Even though it is a coin operated facility with a game room (also coin operated) which are both separated from the other "amenity" by a wrought iron gate, they still lock it down at night and they have no problem telling you that you can't use the facility because they want to go home, if you show signs of hesitating or questioning them, they simply turn the lights off on you and lock everything down. Mind you, this is a service where you have to use your room card to access the room and pay for your own usage, an attendant is not needed. Do that on a night when the elevator is broken and you had to carry dirty laundry up and down 7 flights of stairs without the satisfaction of at least taking clean laundry back up those steep stairs. The most disturbing part of all this is that the staff just doesn't care. There is no sense of customer satisfaction. They gladly take your money but you get nothing in return except a questionable place to sleep on one of the most amazing beaches. You can stay anywhere on the ocean side of Front Beach Road and get that. This is not a resort, it should stop calling itself one. IF we come back to PCB it won't be to stay here. 4 nights stay = over $900.00, it would be worth the money considering the great view and beach if the place delivered on customer service, amenities, cleanliness and a friendlier staff that cared and showed a sense of pride in treating their paying guest with respect. The need to be trained in better customer interaction and understand that the guests are the reason they have a job in the first place. We aren't picky, far from it as we own a customer based business that depends upon our providing good customer service and caring and concern for the money our guests spend with us. We understand people complain a lot to get "freebies", that is not what we are doing with this review. We simply want to warn as many as possible that this place needs careful consideration before booking.

A RIP OFF

by written on May 8, 2012

Arrived at the "resort" only to get a different price from a rude rep. The service was horrible and so were the rooms. Felt as if I stayed at a motel, the beds were hard as a rock and the room smelled terrible. Blow dryers nor irons were in the room. Visited the front desk to ask why there weren't either and there was a $20 deposit to get an iron or a blowdryer. I would have thought that how much I spend on that crappy room that those items could have least been included. Overall the pictures are quite misleading. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT waste your time or money at this "resort".

Unique Quality: The tiki bar was the best because I had to drink myself through the days I had to stay at this "resort". IT WAS HORRIBLE!

There's a reason they call it the FUN PLACE!

by written on June 20, 2009

Just got back from panama city beach, and my family and I stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon. First off, let me just say that the staff was excellent and very polite. We got a great rate for our room which was was very clean, waterfront, had a full kitchen, and a private balcony. The resort was very clean and was very convenient. We barely left the whole weekend. I had my 4 yr old daughter, and my two teenagers with my husband and I. There were several pools as well as a lazy river ride that was in doors. I understand why they call it the fun place because there was so much for us to do. They have these great activities that go on during the summer months. There was a movie night by the pool, a giant water blow-up water slide and we saw the polynesian show with fire dancing which was FREE! There was also live music all weekend and an awesome happy hour! =)! My kids loved it, my husband loved it, I loved it! We will be going back in october because the rates go down almost half the price plus free nights and we hear its just as beautiful! We cant wait!!

Unique Quality: staff was super friendly, everyone is smiling and welcoming! The amenities and activities are incredible! A bunch of pools and grocery store, gift shop, laundry, restaurants, and bar, ALL on sight! SO convenient!!

There's a reason they call it the FUN PLACE!

by written on June 20, 2009

Best resort for family

by written on June 3, 2009

I recommend to stay at Sandpiper. It was fun for our family. There was so much to do with our kids. We played mini-golf, swam in the pool with the big slid.They have two outside pools, one inside pool and a nice relaxing Lazy River. On the beach we rented jet skis. They also have the banana boat ride and para-sailing. The large Tiki Bar was fun with the kids.They played good music that you would have your kids to listen and have fun with along with Karoke one night. On one night of our stay we all watched a movie while swimming in the pool. There was face painting for the kids, balloon art and a great magic show. The show I am glad we did not miss was the Polynisian Show. The hula dancers were very professional and they gave hula dances to the kids. The rooms were great and we had a beatiful view of the beach. I cant say enough about it. Go and try it out. You wont be disappointed.

Unique Quality: I would say the uniqueness of Sandpiper is how they try to make it a family resort. And that it is one mile from Pier Park.

Directions: west end of Panama City Beach

Panama City Beach's BEST

by written on May 18, 2009

BEST PLACE! My family is on a budget and this is the place! Water slides on property! Lazy river ride was at my front door and large back deck with the best beach in the world at my back door! Relaxing on the back deck, kids busy on beach playground and the wife sound asleep in the lounge chair-now that' a vacation! See you in July. Thanks SANDPIPER!!

Unique Quality: Pools, Slides, Putt Putt, Bigest beach chair I have ever seen!
Never had to leave! BEST bang for the BUCK!

Directions: Hwy 79 south to the water and turn right

Sandpiper Beacon - Panama City Beach's gem

by written on May 11, 2009

We have stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort in Panama City Beach for our Spring vacation two years in a row. The grounds were clean, the service friendly, and the activities for our family first class. Our view from our room has been perfect both times, with our last visit including a first floor accommodation with two bedrooms (very difficult to find in Panama City Beach as everything has gone to a high rise condo). This time, we could sit by our room and watch the kids in the pool (great set up!).

The main attraction of course is the beach. It is wide, white, and clean. The guys with their beach service gave us personalized attention and set us up with a beach chair right next to the water's edge. This was an excellent way to enjoy the beach. We all went parasailing and jet skiing right there behind the resort - it was very convenient for us.

It is so hard to find an economical place to stay that does not sacrifice on the desire to take of their guests. We highly recommend this resort for someone looking for a beach vacation with lots to do and not being trapped up on the 20th floor where you can't even see the beach or pool.

Directions: West end of Panama City Beach, 1/2 mile from State Road 79 and Front Beach Road. Very convenient to the new Pier Park Mall, Frank Brown sports park, and the new Panama City Beach Fishing Pier

GREAT TIME & GREAT MEMORIES

by written on July 19, 2008

My family (my husband, our 10 yr old, our 1 yr old, my 13 yr old sis & myself) vacationed here July 7-10, 2008. We had a great time!!! We have stayed at the Sandpiper before & have never had any complaints!! Our rooms have always been clean ( no cigar long cockroaches OR wild cats that we've ever seen!) The staff have always been friendly & very helpful. The pools are very clean as well as the hottub. We all enjoyed the Kareoke(sp?) at the Tiki Bar, even though it is a bar, the Kareoke is a fun family type event, no drunks or perverted music. The ladies that clean up the rooms are great as well!! I hate it if someone else has had a bad time at the Sandpiper, but we have always had a blast!! We LOVE the lazy river ride too!!

Unique Quality: Rooms, pools, hottubs are all VERY clean!!

PC's worst place to stay

by written on June 13, 2007

Horrible managers wer very rude. Complained about wife and six your son observing two people having sex on sundeck next to the pool at sunset, Managers acted as we were wrong for complaining. Asked why didn't call security, well security was there watching. Very very rude people at this place. They rent to teens who were drunk roaming all hours of the night screaming and beating on doors. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!

Unique Quality: Unusually large roaches and wild cats running around everywhere

Directions: 79

Pc Beach nightmare "Resort"

by written on June 12, 2007

This place is horrible, First the people that work there are rude and don't care about anything but your$$. They rent to teens whcih walk around drunk at all hours of the night beating on doors and screaming. Wife and six year old son while enjoying the sunset from the balcony witnesed two people having sex on the sun deck next to the pool. When complained to management they acted as we were wrong for complaining!!! Stay away from this place.

Unique Quality: Counting the wild cats running around and roaches that as large as small cigars.

elyodb's Profile Photo
elyodb Jan 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

we stayed here in 2012 and are planning to be back in 2013 for even longer - awesome place with lots to do. we never left the resort and our three kids had a great time. meet some great people and the staff from check in to the grocery were very helpful and frendly. no complaints here - if your on a budget and want to have the beach plus extras this is the place to stay. absolutely love sandpiper beacon resort!!!

Nearby Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Panama City Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Panama City Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Panama City Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Panama City Beach hotel reviews