17403 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, Florida, United States

Satisfaction Poor

• A RIP OFF

Arrived at the "resort" only to get a different price from a rude rep. The service was horrible and so were the rooms. Felt as if I stayed at a motel, the beds were hard as a rock and the room smelled terrible. Blow dryers nor irons were in the room. Visited the front desk to ask why there weren't either and there was a $20 deposit to get an iron or a blowdryer. I would have thought that how much I spend on that crappy room that those items could have least been included. Overall the pictures are quite misleading. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT waste your time or money at this "resort".

Unique Quality: The tiki bar was the best because I had to drink myself through the days I had to stay at this "resort". IT WAS HORRIBLE!

• There's a reason they call it the FUN PLACE!

Just got back from panama city beach, and my family and I stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon. First off, let me just say that the staff was excellent and very polite. We got a great rate for our room which was was very clean, waterfront, had a full kitchen, and a private balcony. The resort was very clean and was very convenient. We barely left the whole weekend. I had my 4 yr old daughter, and my two teenagers with my husband and I. There were several pools as well as a lazy river ride that was in doors. I understand why they call it the fun place because there was so much for us to do. They have these great activities that go on during the summer months. There was a movie night by the pool, a giant water blow-up water slide and we saw the polynesian show with fire dancing which was FREE! There was also live music all weekend and an awesome happy hour! =)! My kids loved it, my husband loved it, I loved it! We will be going back in october because the rates go down almost half the price plus free nights and we hear its just as beautiful! We cant wait!!

Unique Quality: staff was super friendly, everyone is smiling and welcoming! The amenities and activities are incredible! A bunch of pools and grocery store, gift shop, laundry, restaurants, and bar, ALL on sight! SO convenient!!

• There's a reason they call it the FUN PLACE!

• Best resort for family

I recommend to stay at Sandpiper. It was fun for our family. There was so much to do with our kids. We played mini-golf, swam in the pool with the big slid.They have two outside pools, one inside pool and a nice relaxing Lazy River. On the beach we rented jet skis. They also have the banana boat ride and para-sailing. The large Tiki Bar was fun with the kids.They played good music that you would have your kids to listen and have fun with along with Karoke one night. On one night of our stay we all watched a movie while swimming in the pool. There was face painting for the kids, balloon art and a great magic show. The show I am glad we did not miss was the Polynisian Show. The hula dancers were very professional and they gave hula dances to the kids. The rooms were great and we had a beatiful view of the beach. I cant say enough about it. Go and try it out. You wont be disappointed.

Unique Quality: I would say the uniqueness of Sandpiper is how they try to make it a family resort. And that it is one mile from Pier Park.

Directions: west end of Panama City Beach

• Panama City Beach's BEST

BEST PLACE! My family is on a budget and this is the place! Water slides on property! Lazy river ride was at my front door and large back deck with the best beach in the world at my back door! Relaxing on the back deck, kids busy on beach playground and the wife sound asleep in the lounge chair-now that' a vacation! See you in July. Thanks SANDPIPER!!

Unique Quality: Pools, Slides, Putt Putt, Bigest beach chair I have ever seen!
    Never had to leave! BEST bang for the BUCK!

Directions: Hwy 79 south to the water and turn right

• Sandpiper Beacon - Panama City Beach's gem

We have stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort in Panama City Beach for our Spring vacation two years in a row. The grounds were clean, the service friendly, and the activities for our family first class. Our view from our room has been perfect both times, with our last visit including a first floor accommodation with two bedrooms (very difficult to find in Panama City Beach as everything has gone to a high rise condo). This time, we could sit by our room and watch the kids in the pool (great set up!).

The main attraction of course is the beach. It is wide, white, and clean. The guys with their beach service gave us personalized attention and set us up with a beach chair right next to the water's edge. This was an excellent way to enjoy the beach. We all went parasailing and jet skiing right there behind the resort - it was very convenient for us.

It is so hard to find an economical place to stay that does not sacrifice on the desire to take of their guests. We highly recommend this resort for someone looking for a beach vacation with lots to do and not being trapped up on the 20th floor where you can't even see the beach or pool.

Directions: West end of Panama City Beach, 1/2 mile from State Road 79 and Front Beach Road. Very convenient to the new Pier Park Mall, Frank Brown sports park, and the new Panama City Beach Fishing Pier

• GREAT TIME & GREAT MEMORIES

My family (my husband, our 10 yr old, our 1 yr old, my 13 yr old sis & myself) vacationed here July 7-10, 2008. We had a great time!!! We have stayed at the Sandpiper before & have never had any complaints!! Our rooms have always been clean ( no cigar long cockroaches OR wild cats that we've ever seen!) The staff have always been friendly & very helpful. The pools are very clean as well as the hottub. We all enjoyed the Kareoke(sp?) at the Tiki Bar, even though it is a bar, the Kareoke is a fun family type event, no drunks or perverted music. The ladies that clean up the rooms are great as well!! I hate it if someone else has had a bad time at the Sandpiper, but we have always had a blast!! We LOVE the lazy river ride too!!

Unique Quality: Rooms, pools, hottubs are all VERY clean!!

• PC's worst place to stay

Horrible managers wer very rude. Complained about wife and six your son observing two people having sex on sundeck next to the pool at sunset, Managers acted as we were wrong for complaining. Asked why didn't call security, well security was there watching. Very very rude people at this place. They rent to teens who were drunk roaming all hours of the night screaming and beating on doors. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!

Unique Quality: Unusually large roaches and wild cats running around everywhere

Directions: 79

• Pc Beach nightmare "Resort"

This place is horrible, First the people that work there are rude and don't care about anything but your$$. They rent to teens whcih walk around drunk at all hours of the night beating on doors and screaming. Wife and six year old son while enjoying the sunset from the balcony witnesed two people having sex on the sun deck next to the pool. When complained to management they acted as we were wrong for complaining!!! Stay away from this place.

Unique Quality: Counting the wild cats running around and roaches that as large as small cigars.

More about Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort

Wonderful motel and great service

My husband and I came down last year the first week in Oct. and brought our grandson who was two. We had a wonderful time and the rooms were very clean and the service was great. We are going back this weekend and wouln't dream of staying anywhere else. We love it.

Oh my gosh, the beauty!!

I loved the sandpiper. I went there for spring break and there were so many things to do. There were three or four pools. Parasailing and seedoo's. The floors were a bit dirty but the rooms were excellent. Our room had a balcony and it was ocean front. There is a cafe and a gift shop right in the hotel property.

• elyodb's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

we stayed here in 2012 and are planning to be back in 2013 for even longer - awesome place with lots to do. we never left the resort and our three kids had a great time. meet some great people and the staff from check in to the grocery were very helpful and frendly. no complaints here - if your on a budget and want to have the beach plus extras this is the place to stay. absolutely love sandpiper beacon resort!!!