Seahaven Beach Hotel Ocho Rios

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Expedia.com Tingo.com BookIt.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Seahaven Beach Hotel Ocho Rios

A biker and his wife's testimonies

We stayed here during Thunderbeach Week 2005. Everything about it was great!!! The room, pool, and service was fabulous . We highly recommend this hotel and look foward to staying again in the future!

Stay here and visit our friend "Charlie the Cockroach!"

I had read the reviews of this hotel before I made my reservations, but I decided to risk it anyway.

Check-in was at 4:00. We arrived at 6:30 and the room was still not ready! When we finally did get our room, sometime after dinner, it was filthy. The floor had not been mopped, and the carpet was dirty, WET, and smelly. I tried to wear shoes the entire time, because the floors felt absolutely disgusting! Later that night, a HUGE cockroach actually flew on me out of nowhere. We caught him on the bathroom floor under a plastic cup and left him there for the staff to clean up the next day. Believe it or not, they didn't even notice "Charlie." Charlie the Cockroach stayed with us the entire weekend.

The continental breakfast was pretty good...They made fresh waffles for us. Just don't try to come in without a shirt on guys, because the unfriendly staff will scream at you to get out of the breakfast area! Who would expect that at the beach? They could've at least been nice about it, because let's face it, this isn't the Adam's Mark.

The only thing this hotel really had going for it was the view. The balcony was nice, but unfortunately, they're dredging the waters to restore the shoreline, so the water is a murky brown and not the crystal clear water I'm used to.

So all in all, this hotel was a wreck, and $98 a night was a little steep for the lack of sanitation. If it was like $50 a night, I would've expected that. Oh well, from what I hear from the locals, it's going to be torn down soon anyway.

Absolutely revolting!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member tattoogirl

This was my seventh time going to Panama City Beach and I have been so insulted in all my life. I went on my senior trip with three other girls and i felt i was not treated like an adult. We paid $175 a night for a room we didn't even want to spend time in. This hotel lacks what it name professes and I think people should know about it. The staff was the rudest I have ever seen and not helpful at all. The rooms where very gross with mildew on the balcony, rust on the fridge, to cockroaches by the beds. The housekeeping staff was not exceptable. Emptied garbage every few days, didnt get toilet paper one day, etc. Pool closed at 9 pm. What about a evening swim? The only good thing I have to say about this hotel was the maitanance staff. They were very kind. We were very disatisfied with the service and actually left the night before we were supposed to leave so we could go to our own clean houses.

Could have been better, Chatsworth, Ga.

The room was ok but they were lacking in certain areas. Our room had a kitchenette that barely had the minimum utensils. I ended up having to go to the grocery store to purchase basic things that should have been in the cabinets. The laundry room was pathetic. It was nasty & there was only one working dryer. There was no change machine. We even went to the front desk to get some change. Guess what? They didn't have any. I can honestly say that they did have a nice swimming pool. My vacation was not ruined because of the accomodations but I'm not sure that I will go back to this place. I heard several of the other guests complaining about their rooms. Not very encouraging. It sounded like their rooms must have been much worse than mine.

Most Rude Ever!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member legalwife

My husband, myself, and our son stayed here Father's Day Week-end. Will try to post picture of view which was great. Other than that???? Hotel is older and that is normally okay with us but could have been cleaner. Did not like the long black hairs in the bathroom, brown stain on sheet on son's bed, nor the particles on floor throughout the room in areas that were not right out in open to vacuum. Hotel has been updated some, but needs much more work. Glad we did not pay full price! Horrors! But you know, the worst part of all was the rudeness of the two older ladies at front desk, not the poor night girls that have to work with them. Unbelievable! Manager overheard his employees and apparently thought nothing of it, AND they treated most all people in there in the same manner. We are not hard to please. I did tell the housekeeper that she should trade with them as she had manners and was so nice. Bottom line, well, try to find somewhere else, but if you can only get in here, enjoy the view.

BadRap

by TripAdvisor Member Redsfan_7

I read all the reviews posted here before my wife and I left. I had some misgivings about the place but I knew that each person's experience is different and also everything else with an efficencey was booked. The first surprise was the pleasant attitude from the expected to-be rude desk lady. She worked quickly and in a pleasant manner. The second surprise was the cleanliness and the condition of the room. Any unpleasantness we expereinced on our trip was not from the hotel but from the other "guest". Parents let their rude and obnoxious children run loose through the hotel at all hours of the night, banging on doors and the walls. Many guests had little regard for the cleanliness of the area and provided 100% of any mess.
This is a beach hotel, with sand on the carpet and constant battering of sand and salt air. You should not expect the Ritz at the beach. The staff was as courteous as expected with the abuse that some of the patrons provided to this hotel. I am sure there are classier places available but it was OK by me.

Pleasantly surprised!!

Contrary to most of the reviews I read, I was pleased with the accommodations and service received at the hotel. The people at the front desk were helpful and even had our room ready three hours before check-in time. The room was clean and when we asked for extra towels, no problem with getting them to us ASAP. The view of the green water from the room was great, and I spent a lot of time on the balcony reading a low-country novel!! The pool was clean and there were plenty of chairs. There was easy access to the beach with showers to get the sand off your feet. A great restaurant next door with a tiki bar! Even though it was the 4th of July weekend and there was a lot of traffic, we were able to navigate and found shortcuts to places we wanted to go. On the last day, the front desk agreed to extending our check-out time by an hour. It was a pleasant, relaxing vacation even with the threat of Cindy and Dennis!! I would go there again. AR from Bluffton, SC

worst hotel on the face of the Earth

I have never in my life been to a hotel that was so dirty and nasty. We were told that the hotel was only 5 years old, there is no way. The ceilings were falling apart and leaking in the hallways and on the balconies. There shower curtain had mold on the inside of it, there were ants and crickets in the bathrooms. When the room was cleaned they did not change any of the sheets, they just made the bed. There were crickets and ants in the beds. I had called the front desk at 11am for towels and washclothes and after 5 more phones we finally got some at 8pm. We waited on our room to be cleaned to check in, and the maids were down watching TV in one of the rooms. It rained pretty good one day and that night when we got back to the room it smelled like mildew so bad you had to leave doors open to air it out. I would not stay at this hotel or any of the Quality Inn's or anything they own ever again. I have never seen anything so dirty and disguting in my life. They need to tear this hotel down and just start all over.

A great value

This is a nice place at a nice price. I didn't experience any of the bad things that previous reviewers did. This is a motel right on the beach and one should expect some of the little inconveniences that go along with the beach...like sand, a bug now and then, and humid air. I thought that the staff behind the desk as well as the maintenance guy and maids treated me in a professional manner were indeed nice people. Its kinda funky, kinda cool, and used but not abused. Its well worth the rates charged. I will definitely stay there again next year if at all possible.

Run down but beautiful beach

by TripAdvisor Member Lovetotravelthebeach

Check in was great, nice staff. Room left a little to desire, hopefully they will be putting some money back in to it and remodeling. Beach view is great, so that softens the rooms ruffness. Seen worse, but if you are looking for 2+ stars this isn't it.

Restaurant from the parking lotRestaurant from the parking lot

downtown, look at all the people!downtown, look at all the people!

Quality Inn Beach Front, Pnanma City, FL

by bnhinton

Has anyone stayed here or know anything about it? Planning a trip to PCB in October 2005. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thnaks!!

Comments