The Palmetto

17255 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States

More about The Palmetto

Awesome!! LOVED IT!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Cterry101

We stayed Thurs.-Sun. at The Palmetto for Spring Break and it was AWESOME!!! It was a last minute reservation set up by a friend so we were not sure what to expect. The pool was quite large, nice and clean. The rooms were very clean. We are very picky and were really happy!! We stayed ocean front with a wonderful view! It was a very kid friendly atmosphere!! The owners are onsite and were so nice and friendly.... We would stay there in the future and recommend it to couples or familes!!! SUCH A WONDERFUL PLACE!!!!

Loved the Palmetto Inns & Suites

by TripAdvisor Member CraigClarkstonMichi

We stumbled upon this treasure. It was spring break, and we are not spring breakers. We are in our 50's and cettainly not in the market for a party. We tried several other properties, only to find much higher prices than we enjoyed. Many properties were full of noisy spring breakers. It was getting very late. The Palmetto looked very nice, but how much will it cost. This was affordable, and after looking at the room, this was the place.

We booked 1 night and quickly decided to book a couple more, then a couple more then 3 more until we stayed nearly 2 weeks. We did not want to leave then, but a friend had passed away back home. We opted to attend our friend's funeral.

The owners are down to earth, but no noncense. The staff and management are terriffic. Should you experience the hospitality of the Palmetto, you will be smitten and surely fall in love. My wife and I did. This is our all time favvorite.

Though this is a glowing endorsement of the Palmetto Innns and Suites, I am absolutely certain that you will not be disappointed.

My wife and I can not wait until we have the opportunity to go back and enjoy the facilities and the great folks that are the Palmetto.

Trust me. I have no connection to this property or its people other than I stayed there with my wife, and loved it and it's people.

Enjoy.........................

Craig and Debra S

Construction next door

by TripAdvisor Member psijac

We left this hotel within 24 hrs because of the terrible noise generated by the highrise construction next door. Also the view from the balcony contained not so lovely views of building trash caused by the construction. We booked because of the reviews, I am totally surprized that no reviewer I read mentioned the above. We go on vacation to escape, not to put up with this kind of stuff.

Very Nice place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member jamesnemily

This was the first time we have stayed at The Palmetto and it was very nice. The room was very clean. The cleaning service was excellent. All of the staff were friendly. The pool was clean and nice. The patio area was very nice, gas grills for grilling. Great access to the beach with all the amnities right there. Yes, there is construction next door, but we never heard any noise. In fact, we enjoyed watching the workers travel up and down the high rise construction elevators. No problems. We will definatley be going back again.

Great Family Tradition

by TripAdvisor Member sistajd

My husbands family has stayed at the Palmetto for as long as he can remember. This year we were in for a pleasent surprise when we arrived to the newly renovated motel. We had a large group of 24 with each family having their own rooms. It was so clean and beautifully decorated. The staff is just like "homefolk" . I hope that we will continue the family tradition at the Palmetto even as our children grow up and have their own families. We had a great time....thanks for a great vacation. j. pettit and the entire pettit clan--Tennessee, Kentucky and Kansas

Great Hotel, friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member LivesinLa

My wife and I stayed at the Palmetto for the Memorial Day weekend and found it to be absolutely wonderful. The prices I found were very fair, especially when compared to other Hotels we have stayed at before. The staff was very friendly and accomodated to every need of both myself and my wife. The rooms were very modern and having stayed at other hotels in the area, found it to be a relief that "stocked kitchen" actually meant more than a single pot!!! The view of the beach was great and the pool was very nice as well. Not being young and wanting to party every night, we found it comforting being away from the loud noises of the "strip", but still took comfort in the fact that we could get there quickly and easily on the evening that we went out. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Best staff in the world

by TripAdvisor Member jenreece2003

We just spent a week at the Palmetto in Panama City Beach, FL and it was one of our best trips ever. We have stayed there before the reconstruction was done and were afraid the atmosphere might have changed. We were relieved to find the only changes were to the rooms.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful as is the view from each window.
Our daughter was married on the beach right in front of the hotel and we had the reception on site. The staff bent over backwards to make sure everything went well. Due to weather we couldn't have the reception outside as planned. The staff generously gave us a room to put the food in until time to start and set up a banquet table in the indoor pool area. This area is filled with tropical plants and was a wonderful alternative to the beachside plans.

During the week the staff was quick to respond and cheerfully helped with anything we asked. I can't say enough good about our treatment by everyone there, and when added to the beautiful surroundings I can't think of anywhere else I would consider staying in the future!

Loved the Palmetto Inn

by TripAdvisor Member GlenJohn

Love the Palmetto! My husband and I recently vacationed in panama city beach and we found the palmetto online while searching for reviews on another hotel! Am I glad I found this one! I am very hard to please when it comes to spending the night somewhere and I couldn't of been more pleased with the Palmetto. Everything was so clean! Pools and hot tub were cleaned every morning as well as pool deck and furniture. Right on the ocean with Beautiful Ocean Views! The only downfall I saw was a huge high rise going up right beside them blocking the sunsets from the balconies, but they are still beautiful on the beach! Like I said, I am very hard to please and I will definitely be back!!

Very Nice!

by TripAdvisor Member sacgo

This was our first time to stay here and of course unsure of what we would find. We were very pleased! The new hotel is beautiful, spacious rooms, balcony over looking the gulf. It would be nice if there were in-room safes to leave valuables when going to the beach. I think there are some at the front desk, but that is not convienent. Nice pool area, although it was over-run with kids most of the time. Pool area stays open until midnight so book a room higher up (there are 7 floors) and away from this area if possible. There is construction next door and the noise was a nuisance at times (Lying on the beach and hearing hammers and buzz saws was not the best). Definitely rent a beach chair and umbrella ($25 a day) while there! The guy who takes care of them was super nice and helpful. Parking is a huge problem here. (Surprised this was not mentioned in other reviews) There is only enough parking for about 20 cars on either side of the hotel, then you either have to park across the street or down the street a bit to a parking lot that was not secured. Staff was very nice. The hotel is located at the far end of the beach and quiet, but not very close to restaurants (only a couple within walking distance) so you have to drive and risk losing your parking place. Overall this is a great place and would definitely consider coming back when the construction next door is completed.

Had a blast!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member happyinky.

3 of my friends and I decided to visit Panama City Beach for a summer get-away. We are talking about 4 ladies between the ages of 35 and 45. We absolutely loved the Palmetto. We stayed on the gulf side/beachside and loved the big room,great balcony view, large clean heated outdoor pool, and the beautiful beach and gulf waters. The rooms were very clean and well cared for. The appliances were new and we enjoyed having the larger refrigerator than you usually find in hotels. There were mostly older couples and families staying when we were here and that was nice also. The younger people that were in Panama City Beach to vacation were further down the strip and even there it was not bad as far af the noise and partying. The road in front of the hotels on this strip did have some honking and kids having a good time but you cannot hear any of this from the beach side rooms or from the beach. I am planning on coming back in October for Fall break with my family and am planning to stay at the Palmetto and am very much looking forward to it! There are a couple of things that I would recommend to make the hotel even better than it is. There should be exhaust fans in the bathrooms and a complimentary breakfast would be nice. Otherwise a wonderful place to stay!!!

Comments