The Summit

The Summit Condominiums
Hotels.com Booking.com BookIt.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• STOLEN PROPERTY

WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING! DO NOT STAY HERE!

After staying for a week with friends, we transferred to a smaller room to stay a little longer. When we called about leaving some expensive belongings in the room, I was re-directed to many people, hung-up on, and repeatedly ignored until I finally spoke with the Head of Housekeeping. He informed me that the Summit contracts their housekeeping out to a third party company, and that these people cleaned our room. It was further explained to me that the items were "gone," and that "they never saw them."

Aggravated, I tried for a solid month to get in touch with the Property Manager, who never returned a single phone call. She "spoke" to me, through the Head of Housekeeping, and told me that the Summit was "not liable for" my belongings.

The staff was unprofessional, rude, and downright unhelpful when it came to trying to locate our belongings.

In addition, the accommodations were dismal. The bed linens and towels were soiled, the floors covered in sand and dirt, and the appliances covered in greasy, grimy food.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! YOUR THINGS COULD BE STOLEN TOO!

Directions: I WOULDN'T CARE IF THIS PLACE WAS ON THE MOON, I'D NEVER WASTE MY MONEY HERE AGAIN.

• goombah02's Profile Photo

Summit1414

We have rented from Susan Chen before and have had a pleasant experience each time. She is very professional and courteous to her clients. Her unit is clean and well maintained. We love the location, the amenities, and of course the spectacular view of the beach. Would highly recommend her units.

Unique Quality: All the units are beach-front which I like.

Directions: Thomas Drive close to Club LaVela.

• Summit at PCB

ATTENTION: APRIL 2012.......I would highly NOT recommend this NASTY place! Unit 210 I rented from Whiddon Enterprises and it was disgusting!! Soiled bedding and linens, nasty bathrooms with stuff splattered all over the closet doors and floors, mirrors had fingerprints all over them, toaster was nasty with left over crumbs, stove had grease splatter all over, refrigerator had left over food in it, dirty towels were hanging on racks, years worth of dust on chain to fan and lights, missing light bulbs, strips on comforter was covered in dust, floors were dirty, tracks to sliding doors had food and dirt in them, food and broken glass under sofa, lamp shades broken , shower curtain broke, rugs nasty, hair-balls on balcony and food with dead plants. The owner rent it for a week took my money and it wasn't fit to stay in! I rented another place for my group! I sent pictures to the owner and they want give my money back!

• babybird's Profile Photo

Better value

The facility we stayed in was like a luxury apartment with a complete package. In my opinion, it was a much better value than renting a hotel room and still was overlooking the beach, had a pool, and
    was much quieter in the late night hours. If you are going to pay about the same money, it would probably be a better investment than a hotel for the same rates.

Directions: The Summit Condominiums
    8743 Thomas Drive
    Panama City Beach, Florida

More about The Summit

Nasty, Nasty, Nasty...

My entire family rented 3 condos in October 2004. Each condo was privately owned. The condo I was in was filthy. There were roaches in the pots and pans, the plates were nasty. Thank goodness we had plastic utensils and paper plates or we would have starved. It felt like I was staying in a very cheap motel. They were working on 2 of the 4 elevators, which meant you could spend 15 minutes waiting. Apparently they need to repair one of the other ones, because it stayed stuck on the 6th floor forever. We overheard the pool guy telling someone "no wonder the pools are cloudy, they haven't been putting chlorine in them". There is something behind the "Tiki Hut" bar that smells like a dumpster. When a family member brought some of these things to the attention of The Summit, they said ( because we rented from owners) it was not their problem! My family has been renting from the same owner for about 15 years and this was our last trip to The Summit.

Very nice

We stayed in a lovely condo for 9 nights. This was after the hurricanes. We had alil problem with hot water, which the staff diligintly corrected. We found the place clean, quiet and family friendly. The cost was very comparable, and the conviences of a full kitchen and proximity to the beach were above average. We look forward to staying again

Great place to stay!

We just got home from 5 days in Panama City Beach. We rented a condo at the Summit and really enjoyed it. The condo was clean, the staff pleasant. Only complaint was the slowness of the elevators due to some maintainence work.
Will rent again!

Great place to stay

My husband and I have spent two vacations at the Summit already and have booked in for four weeks in January next year (2005). The condos are clean and well maintained. The kitchenette is well stocked. The pools are kept clean and the beach is spectactular. Can't wait to get there next year!

BEWARE!

by TripAdvisor Member grandlagoon

Renting from an owner instead of management can save you alot of money or costs you more. Some owners charge more than the rental management (greedy indeed) However, some owners offer a good price, saving you hundreds of dollars. Some forgo cleaning fee if you clean the condo yourself, which is great because the people that clean do a terrible job. Don't rent a unit with a washer/dryer because they have mold in the condos, they were not designed to be in the condos. Laundry facilities are on the grounds (two). Shop around. Management will let you look at several units before you decide.

Been staying there since 1985

We live in the Nashville TN area and go to PCB twice a year. We rented directly from The Summit twice. We had no problem renting directly but found you can get about a 20% cut on the rate in renting from an owner. Our first experience renting from an owner, someone who is practically a neighbor here in TN, was not a good one. We heard from other renters about another owner, Ms. Tillie Cohen. She is a sweetheart and great to work with. No, the Summit will not take care of any problems if you rent from an owner, but Ms Tillie has housekeeping and maintenance staff available. Any problems we have had, she resolved it promptly. She has a range of rooms from the 2nd floor all the way up. Oct 04 when we were there it was lots of improvements of the property as a whole being done. It's not the fanciest or cleanest spot on the beach but for the money and conveniences, it is where I prefer to stay. Matter of fact, I'll be calling Ms Tillie sometime this week!

Going downhill

My family has been staying at the summit for the past 10 years. My sister bought a timeshare years ago and just sold it last year. We have since found another owner who sells us their weeks on the ground floor. We have noticed over the years how nasty it is getting. There is alot of underaged drinking at the beach and partying at the tiki bar. I have a 10 and 12 year old now and it just isn't a good place for them. At least 1 day out of every week they have to close one of the 2 pools because either someone got drunk and threw up in it or had a bowel movement in it. I am now looking for a nicer place for my family to go!

renter beware

we stayed at the summit in a privately owned condo on the second floor for 2 weeks last july. i have been relunctant to complain. after seeing these posts, i feel that i must say something. the place is a dump. it is too packed and you can't even get a chair by the pool unless you get out at 6:00 a.m. and put your towel on one (which by the way is against the rules that are not in any way inforced). the trash in the hallways, elevators and stairways was unbelievable. not to mention the beach. it was by far the dirtiest beach that i have ever seen. we have been going to florida every summer for 25 years, and this was the very worst accomodations and conditions i have ever had to stay in. we tried to rent from other companies during our stay........but, just decided to learn a lesson. the pool itself was filthy, i mean absolutely cloudy and filled with debris and hair. i am just hoping that a property owner or management will see this post and pay heed.

Loved the Summit

We have just returned from the Summit for a week. Our experience was great, the rooms were clean, we did have to wait a little longer than expected for the room to be ready, but it was worth the wait. The pools were clean and the beach was great. We had no problem with the elevators they were always clean and we saw no trash in the hallways. Maybe it was the timing of our trip. We waited for all of the spring breakers to go home. This is our second trip to the Summit and both times it is the 2nd week of May and both time we have rented from owners and the rooms have been clean and everything in working order and the ocean views are spectacular. The property as a whole was upkept very nicely. We will defintely return next year!

Comments