The Watercrest Panama City Beach

Booking.com TripShock.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 165% more and rated 33% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Stay away from Watercrest

Condo #1208 was nice but we will never stay at Watercrest again. Watercrest is not a renter friendly complex. First to be able to put your chairs and umbrellas you must walk to a public beach because the condo property is covered with their rental chairs which with children it is hard to be confined to such a small area. Second at checkin we were given a parking pass and was told at that time that watercrest was notorious for towing your vehicle. We were there during the Tropical Storm Debby and apparently when the door was open the parking pass blew down unnoticed. Security put a warning on our vehicle approx 11:30 am and while spending a day at the beach with our family we come back to a towed vehicle which was towed at 7:01 pm, as a coincidence the towing rates go up at 7pm. So we had to pay $133.00 to get the vehicle back. Talk to the manager Larry Pittman whom was of no help what so ever. We were informed that they had a big problem with illegal parking and they tow any vehicles that a parking pass can not be seen. Seems to me if this was a problem they we post a guard at parking lot entrance to check for parking passes or even put up gate. To top it off while arriving back from the water park we witnessed the security walking around in the parking lot with his blue clipboard and while gathering our stuff from our car a gentleman parked across from us. The security waited until he had left his vehicle and walked over and put a orange ticket which was a warning. At this time we questioned the security about their towing practices and that the gentleman just got out of his vehicle. He became hostile and verbal confrontation ensued and were threatened with evection at that time. He then got a copy of their rules and conduct and taped to our condo door signed by head of security J.Clark and had highlighted the paper had written final warning. With everything that took place with our stay it put a damper on our family vacation. It is very obvious that watercrest only concerns is with making money and not customer service. We have stayed at Panama City Beach for years and at numerous condo location and have NEVER been treated as poorly as here!! May never return to Panama City Beach because of this experience.

• Stay away from Watercrest

More about Panama City Beach

Coral tankCoral tank

Restaurant from the parking lotRestaurant from the parking lot

The White Sand Beaches of Panama City BeachThe White Sand Beaches of Panama City Beach

Which Hotel??

by davis5karla

I can afford the following hotel/motels, but which one is the nicest? I would love some advise!

Beach Club Motel,
SeaView Motel,
Seascape Inn,
Sugar Sands Motel,
Sun Dail Motel.

I can't afford to go on vacation very often. PCB is my dream, I haven't been since I was a teenager. My husband would rather spend vacation money on going to the woods and camping and hunting, and the only beach my husband has ever seen is the one on Galveston Island. I really want this to be a good experience so that he will want to go back to the beach again sometime.

Thanks for any help!!

by R_Steele

I've been to Panama City Beach a lot. But I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree if it is for a couple of days or I rent out a condo at Pinnacle Port.

I like the condo for the week because it is actually cheaper than a hotel room, is a fully furnished apartment and you can cook which saves on eating out all the time. Finally Pinnacle Port is away from the crowds in the main part of town.

PCB is a beautiful beach and my favorite so far.

Re: Re: Which Hotel??

by R_Steele

P.S. Bikini Beach Resort is kind of a dump. I haven't stayed there but it is next to the Holiday Inn and the pool is about large enough for about five people. I wouldn't recommend it.

by susanw

Several of the hotel/motels you listed are good, but because there is a great deal of construction going on of new condos, some of them will be really messy, noisy and hard to get in and out of. Blue Dolphin and Bikini Beach are probably your best bet on the west end; Coconut Grove is real good for the east end and there is a LOT less traffic. We live here so I know! It is also more convenient to St Andrews State Park, which your husband may enjoy if he likes the outdoors. However, Coconut Grove is a few blocks from the water, while the others are right on the beach. If you would like to get an idea of where they are located and what is close to them, I have a map on my Panama City website. Panama Palms is #26 on http://www.panamacitymetro.addr.com/mapeast1.html , Coconut Grove is #50 and Bikini Beach is # 12 on http://www.panamacitymetro.addr.com/mapeast2.html . Hope this helps you some!

by oxfordkim

Please do not stay at the seasape inn. It is awful.There is noone there at night. No fire plan or anything.We were sitting on our balcony with our kids inside asleep the ages of 2,6,7\and 7 the door shut on us and we were locked out.We had to all an "emergency number". When we finally got in touch with him he was very angry .When he arrived he cursed me for waking him up and told us we had to leave at 2:00 in the morning and would not let me in the room to my kids.My husband had to threaten him to let us in. So we headed back home at 2:00 in the morning with all the kids.I am now reporting this company to the better businness bureau and disputing the charges.I called and ask for the owners name and they cannot give that out.Be careful of the hotels there try to get a well known name for your protection.

by waterzoo

Considering a stay at Quality Inn Beachfront Hotel at Panama City Beach. Do you have any comments about this hotel? You seemed to know the area very well.

by karenayahoo

Bikini beach is a dump. I visited freinds there. I have stayed at the flamingo acouple yrs ago and it was decent. Try beachbreak by the sea and Americas best value hotel - if on a budget) Check tripadvisor hotel list and reviews it is pretty accurate. Also try bookit.com 48 hr sale and expedia for good deals. I prefer the beachcomber by the sea and the Legacy hotels. The emerald Isle and Grandview condos but they are rather expensive.

Hope this helps!

Travel Tips for Panama City Beach

Great food and Great atmosphere

by nickLB97 about Margaritaville

This is a great experience, good food with fair prices and a really cool atmosphere if you're into Jimmy Buffet. They have performers walking around on stilts making balloon animals for the kids. Just a good time all around.

The Redneck Riveria from a local

by tvdandy

"What the deal is"

OK, if you love laying around beautiful white sand beaches and drinking heavily, this place is heaven. Oh yeah, you have to like Nascar. But if you are looking for culture, or over the age of spring breakers and before the retirement age, this place is incredibly boring. It basically is Southern Alabama, so it has a very close minded mentality. People are nice to you in a touristy type of way, but that's it.

"Beautiful Sunsets"

It does have wonderful sunsets though!

"Fishing during sunset"

A beautiful way to capture the day

Comments