3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3.5 star hotels

• Can't judge a book by it's cover

My son and I were booked into this hotel 7-10 May 2008. Everything seemed fine. On 9 May - day 3 of our stay, I opened one of my drawers and saw that someone had been there before me. I had 4 mother's day cards from my family that I was waiting to open on Sunday - Mother's Day. I know exactly where in that drawer I had put them...but they had been moved and three of them had been opened and all were scattered askew inside the drawer. I went right away to the front desk and asked to speak with the manaer. The clerk however, began to question me about the reason citing her ability to help me. I shared the story and by then I was in tears. She gasped and called the manager out. I repeated my story....or at least attempted to do so....she interrupted me - she had been listening all along - she began to loudly praise her room cleaner and said how the lady was always bring diamond watches and rings, etc., etc.....to her so she KNEW for a fact that what I said had happened had in fact not happened. She continued that there was no way the incident could have possibly happened.....after all, why would someone open cards!!! I wanted to tell her that I was not accusing this wonderful room cleaner.....I was simply stating that someone had gone through my drawer and opened my cards -plus, every item in that drawer was "stirred up". People also know that it isn't uncommon for money to be placed inside cards and it was obvious that these were indeed cards. The manager had zero people skills and absolutely no professionalism!!! This why I will never stay at this particular hotel ever again. This lady assumed that I had fabricated the story and never even apologized. In fact, after listing all the jewels her room cleaner brings to her, she said to me in a "na nana boo boo" voice - I kid you not!!...."so I don't know what you want me to do about it"!! I checked out as quickly as I could and stayed at a Hampton Inn the rest of our time in the city. I am a certified Travel Specialist. I stay in five star hotels and in economy ones during my many travels - if I recommend a hotel or resort to my clients, I wanted to be doing so from experience as much as possible.. Never have I encountered anyone so ridiculous. I will steer ALL of my clients far away from the Best Western Blue Angel Inn...FOREVER!!!!

Unique Quality: The FACILITY WAS FAIRLY WELL KEPT

• Pensacola's Newest Hotel

Great service, excellent amenities and you get free hot breakfast.
    I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will stay again

Unique Quality: pool, bbq grill and gazebo also a food store inside hotel

Directions: Pine Forest Rd and Detroit Blvd right off of I10