Courtyard By Marriott Pensacola

Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola
Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Pensacola

pensacola beachpensacola beach

McGuire's irish pubMcGuire's irish pub

Leaving the base - reminder to drive carefullyLeaving the base - reminder to drive carefully

Docked ships in the river watersDocked ships in the river waters

HELP! We want to relocate to Pensacola

by Mindy_J

We live in Nashville, TN & have been researching on where we want to settle down & live. We love Pensacola, but are having a hard time finding jobs. My husband has a BA in business administration. Could someone help us with where the jobs are... companies, where they post jobs, something??? Thanks...

Re: HELP! We want to relocate to Pensacola

by ForestqueenNYC

Hi, Mindy. You might try posing your question on the Pensacola News Journal forum page. http://forums.pnj.com

I might join you down there, myself, one of these days. Have been trying to get back down there since before Ivan.

Re: HELP! We want to relocate to Pensacola

by madmatg

i'm from pensacola and from what i've seen Pensacola is kind of a hmm...bad place to look for a job seems like its minimum wage or really high class but little in between jobs and the ones that are seem to pay less than they would in neighboring areas. If you really want to live in pensacola you might consider checking out the surrounding areas, milton baymonet mobile; these kinds of places. My dad is a computer programmer manager(20 years experience) and drives all the way to baymonet everyday(about 45min to 1 hour drive on interstate) he drives all this way because even with the higher gas prices he makes a whole lot more in baymonet than he would working in pensacola.

Pensacola is great to live in! and i love it very much but it just doesnt have the best of markets right now; not to say you cant find a good job there it just may take some hard searching.

Travel Tips for Pensacola

Waterfront Marina

by Shorebird

This is a new addition at the end of Palafox St, downtown. This area is undergoing a major facelift and this is just one of the spots that I find most beautiful. Just to the west of this marina they are constructing a festival park , which will include a "state of the art" auditorium. This spot is among the oldest area's of the city. South Palafox St was one of the places in my family's history. My Great Grandfather was a fisherman and then owned a restaurant in the downtown area. My Grandfather was in the timber industry and would always eat at restaurants downtown after he concluded the sale of the wood to a major industrial business in Pensacola. One of my Father's first job was in a "fishhouse " on South Palafox St. I dearly love this section of the City.

Packing List

by SeaBreezeUSA

I assume most people will be visiting in the Spring through Fall, so bring loose fitting clothes in the summer, short pants and short sleeve shirts, sandals or sneakers, something comfortable to walk in. Also the sun walking across the dry sand gets very hot to the bare feet and walking across the sand dunes, there are stickers that will attach themselves to your feet by the dozens. These are very painful. If you are walking along the waters edge, then barefoot is so refreshing in the summer. I would suggest a hat or baseball cap to protect your head, definitely sunglasses, as the reflection off the white beaches and water are blinding without them, and SUN SCREEN!~!!!! I can not tell you how many times I see people at the end of the day with SEVERE sunburns, especially on cloudy days. In the early spring before the middle of May or after the middle of October, bring a light jacket, as it gets cool at night, with the ocean breeze cooling things down pretty fast. S U N S C R E E N ! ! ! ! ! Just bring your camer and film. There is no problem finding more film, batteries, etc. I would bring a beach umbrella and some lounge chairs. You can rent them at some hotels but why? If you are on a deserted portion of the beach (is this possible?...lol) then it is nice to be able to sit in the shade between sun bathing and feel the cool breeze.

Flounders

by mytravels about Flounders

This inside/outside restaurant not only includes seating for dining but has 2 outside bars, a dance area with live band, and 3 sand volleyball courts. This is a great place to get a really good meal, have a few drinks while enjoying the music, and watch or play some volleyball. The restaurant also includes a sizeable recreation area for the kids. I had the seafood platter, which had shrimp, oysters, and grouper, It was extremely good.

My Favorite Restuarant In Pensacola

by ForestqueenNYC about The Fish House

This is a really nice, slightly more formal restaurant than I would imagine the seafood restaurants at the beach would be. It is right on the bay near Seville Square.

The food is excellent. On both occasions that I went there, I had fish of the day encrusted in pecans and I thought it was delicious.

I got the impression that this restaurant was popular with the locals rather than the people who go to Pensacola for the beach.

The waitstaff is very pleasant and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

I am afraid I don't remember the price range.

The Fish House may have suffered some damage from hurricane Ivan, so call before going. I believe the Atlas Oyster House which is owned by the same restaurant group and is right next door is opened. Fish of the day encrusted in pecans.

National Seashore

by keeweechic

Pensacola is in the heart of the National Seashore, which borders the city with barrier islands of Perdido Key (Spanish for Lost Island) to the west and Santa Rosa Island which is better known as Pensacola Beach to the east.

Comments