Hampton Inn Pensacola-Airport (Cordova Mall)

2187 Airport Blvd, Pensacola, Florida, 32504, United States
Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area)
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Pensacola

Faithfully Guiding MarinersFaithfully Guiding Mariners

hemingway's island grillhemingway's island grill

Bob's OystersBob's Oysters

Tiger a P-cola ZooTiger a P-cola Zoo

PENSACOLA TRAIN STATION

by WANDAG

I WONDER IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT.
MY MOM IS TRYING TO FIND INFO ON THE TRAINS GOING TO PENSACOLA.
I KNOW THAT AFTER THE DAMAGE THE HURRICANE LEFT, IT WAS SHUT DOWN.
SO I WAS TOLD THAT THE MOBILE STATION WAS OPENED. (IF IM EVEN PRONOUNCING OR WRITING IT CORRECTLY)
CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE STATION IS OPEN IN PENSACOLA OR IF NOT THE CLOSEST
TRAIN OR BUS STATION THERE IS?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Re: PENSACOLA TRAIN STATION

by lostsooner55

I just looked at the Amtrak site. The service between New Orleans and Orlando is still suspended, and there is no scheduled re-opening date. I will look at the bus situation in a bit. Where will she be travelling from ? Gary

Travel Tips for Pensacola

Living on the Gulf Coast

by grandmaR

When Bob and I arrived in Pensacola with a station wagon full of our household goods, our first stop was the Naval Air Station. As we were driving out, a grey haired man stopped us and asked if Bob was entering the pilot training program. When we said that he was, he said that he rented unfurnished apartments to the student pilots for the BAQ.

They were in Beach Haven right under the flight path for the base. When they were doing touch and goes, we couldn't hear the radio or stereo (we didn't have a TV). That was where we lived when we were first married.

The other couple in our building had A/C (they supplied their own - we didn't have any), and he was a Lt. jg in the Coast Guard. They had a baby. The building next to ours had a Marine and his wife an baby, and the other tenant was an unmarried Navy nurse. The third building had another Marine couple and baby. I don't remember who the 6th tenant was. We socialized quite a bit with the two Marines. I was fascinated by the ornamental grasses near our apartment. I had not seen anything like that before.

The apartments were still there (they had not been destroyed by the hurricanes), although they were painted a different color and with some buildings across from the mailboxes that had not been there before. The second photo is of Grampera Street in back of the houses about where I had taken the first photo from.

The other pictures are of the apartment complex as it is today.

living on the island is like...

by mhughes33

living on the island is like living in another country..the islanders, IF they have to cross the bridge into Pensacola, consider it going to the 'mainland'. suits and ties aren't allowed on the island and bring your sense of humor

Jackson's- DT Pensacola, great...

by sushi32

Jackson's- DT Pensacola, great artsy atmosphere
Dharma Blue- DT- sit outside on a weekend and have drinks and huge salads
Melting Pot- DT- make reservations early- plan to be there to eat for 2 hours- it's worth it, relax!
The melting pot has a wonderful staff that goes above and beyond- they also have two-person meals that are enormous amounts of food to share- a lot for the money! Jackson's- anything- try the salmon!
Dharma Blue- great salads
Melting Pot- the coq au vin, with surf and turf!

on the bay

by doug48 about hemingway's island grill

hemingway's island grill is a very good american and seafood restaurant in pensacola beach. the restaurant has an interesting decor with a very nice view of the bay. in my opinion the best restaurant in pensacola beach.

Check Innerlight Surf Shop to...

by ILposse

Check Innerlight Surf Shop to rent surfboards, bodyboards, and skimboards. Pensacola Beaches are perfect for all of the boardsports. Also, inquire about the local skateparks.
Enjoy a few of the extreme sports without the extreme attitudes. Innerlight employees are the friendliest and most helpful that I have met.

Comments