Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

lorzarn's Profile Photo

Nice Staycation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2010

My husband and I decided to take a weekend and have a "staycation" here in Pensacola before the Tar Balls rolled in. We got there around 11am, since we live in the area, and went to the beach to await check in.
The staff was very accomidating to let us park the car in the hotel parking until check-in. The walk way to the beach is well cared for, and of course the beaches are beautiful.
The room was your average hotel room- not nesscearily what I would expect from a Hilton though. We only had two towels, and two wash cloths- we had to call for more. The second day housekeeping took all our towels and left none. They towels were delivered after I was done with my shower and blowdrying my hair. Not impressed there.

The outside bar is supposed to close at sunset. There was a rain shower at 4pm, and sunny by 5pm, but they didn't open back up. Sunset wasn't until 7pm. This was very poor judgement because the pool area was packed. They lost a lot of business the two days we were there- early afternoon showers are common on the gulf. They blow over fast and the sun comes back out.
The pool area has a good children's area with sprinklers and fountains. I just suggest getting out there early to get a chair. It seems like there was never enough chairs for everyone. They do supply towels for the poolside.

The sushi bar is was what turned me off of this hotel. We ate dinner at H2O, and had food from the kitchen. While waiting about 45 minutes to get our food, I watched the sushi chef fix rolls and sashimi. I have never been so grossed out in my life. There was NO glove use at all. I did not see him wash his hands one time. He used a towel to wipe his hands, the counter, the plates after fixing the rolls and squirting sauce, and to wipe off the knives. The towel was kept in his apon belt area when it wasn't in use. I almost gagged when I saw him run his hands thru his hair and then wipe them on the towel. After all the sushi was fixed he tucked the towel into his belt loop and walked to the back of the resturant calling over his shoulder to the other sushi chef "be back in a minute, going to the bathroom". He still had the towel tucked into his waistband/belt area. When he came back, it was still there. I said something to waiter when we were leaving (didn't want our food tainted), and he just shrugged and said they change towels.
I will never eat at that resturant again.
The room price was par for being a gulf front in Pensacola, and right in the middle of the action. it is going to be pricey. This is a perfect choice for Blue Angels weekend, or for DeLuna Fest. It is an easy walk to the Portifino Boardwalk with Hooter, Capn' Fun's, Flounders, and also Crabs and the Sandshaker.

All in all, I would probably stay here again if the price was good, or I had points to redeem. I don't think it is worth full price for.

lorzarn's Profile Photo

Nice Staycation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2010

I will never eat at that resturant again.

doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 11, 2009

the hilton garden inn hotel is a very nice ocean front hotel in pensacola beach. the hilton garden inn offers all the the amenities that you would expect from a better resort hotel. in my opinion the best hotel on pensacola beach. since pensacola is a summer resort area prices are higher in the summer tourist season.

Directions: central pensacola beach.

BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

This is the Place to go for a Business Conference

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 22, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights that turned into 3 because apparently everyone in Atlanta panics when a little snow and ice hit the ground. I was actually down there with all of the upper managers and execs from my company for a conference.

Unique Quality: There is a lot of construction going on right now (thanks to Hurrican Ivan), but this place handled a fairly large conference (350+) better than anywhere I've ever been. Most of the time food at those things can taste like the cardboard box that it probably comes out of but all of the meals there actually had a very good flavor.

Nearby Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

• Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola
  • Pensacola Hilton
  • Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach

Address: 12 Via de Luna Dr, (formerly Hilton Garden Inn), Pensacola, Florida, 32561, United States

7 Photos of Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Pensacola Travel Forum

Need advice about Pensacola, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Pensacola and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pensacola hotel reviews