Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

12 Via de Luna Dr, (formerly Hilton Garden Inn), Pensacola, Florida, 32561, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 135% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• lorzarn's Profile Photo

Nice Staycation

My husband and I decided to take a weekend and have a "staycation" here in Pensacola before the Tar Balls rolled in. We got there around 11am, since we live in the area, and went to the beach to await check in.
    The staff was very accomidating to let us park the car in the hotel parking until check-in. The walk way to the beach is well cared for, and of course the beaches are beautiful.
    The room was your average hotel room- not nesscearily what I would expect from a Hilton though. We only had two towels, and two wash cloths- we had to call for more. The second day housekeeping took all our towels and left none. They towels were delivered after I was done with my shower and blowdrying my hair. Not impressed there.

The outside bar is supposed to close at sunset. There was a rain shower at 4pm, and sunny by 5pm, but they didn't open back up. Sunset wasn't until 7pm. This was very poor judgement because the pool area was packed. They lost a lot of business the two days we were there- early afternoon showers are common on the gulf. They blow over fast and the sun comes back out.
    The pool area has a good children's area with sprinklers and fountains. I just suggest getting out there early to get a chair. It seems like there was never enough chairs for everyone. They do supply towels for the poolside.

The sushi bar is was what turned me off of this hotel. We ate dinner at H2O, and had food from the kitchen. While waiting about 45 minutes to get our food, I watched the sushi chef fix rolls and sashimi. I have never been so grossed out in my life. There was NO glove use at all. I did not see him wash his hands one time. He used a towel to wipe his hands, the counter, the plates after fixing the rolls and squirting sauce, and to wipe off the knives. The towel was kept in his apon belt area when it wasn't in use. I almost gagged when I saw him run his hands thru his hair and then wipe them on the towel. After all the sushi was fixed he tucked the towel into his belt loop and walked to the back of the resturant calling over his shoulder to the other sushi chef "be back in a minute, going to the bathroom". He still had the towel tucked into his waistband/belt area. When he came back, it was still there. I said something to waiter when we were leaving (didn't want our food tainted), and he just shrugged and said they change towels.
    I will never eat at that resturant again.
    The room price was par for being a gulf front in Pensacola, and right in the middle of the action. it is going to be pricey. This is a perfect choice for Blue Angels weekend, or for DeLuna Fest. It is an easy walk to the Portifino Boardwalk with Hooter, Capn' Fun's, Flounders, and also Crabs and the Sandshaker.

All in all, I would probably stay here again if the price was good, or I had points to redeem. I don't think it is worth full price for.

• lorzarn's Profile Photo

Nice Staycation

I will never eat at that resturant again.

• doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

the hilton garden inn hotel is a very nice ocean front hotel in pensacola beach. the hilton garden inn offers all the the amenities that you would expect from a better resort hotel. in my opinion the best hotel on pensacola beach. since pensacola is a summer resort area prices are higher in the summer tourist season.

Directions: central pensacola beach.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

This is the Place to go for a Business Conference

Stayed here for 2 nights that turned into 3 because apparently everyone in Atlanta panics when a little snow and ice hit the ground. I was actually down there with all of the upper managers and execs from my company for a conference.

Unique Quality: There is a lot of construction going on right now (thanks to Hurrican Ivan), but this place handled a fairly large conference (350+) better than anywhere I've ever been. Most of the time food at those things can taste like the cardboard box that it probably comes out of but all of the meals there actually had a very good flavor.

More about Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front

Dissappointed

Let me preface this review by stating I stay at Hilton properties more than 50 nights per year and have overall been satisfied with the quality of their product for the past 5 years. We are staying at this location currently and will depart March 15, 2006. I am with my wife and two young boys. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was due to the fact that they offered heated outdoor pools. The hotel website claims they have outdoor heated pools but they do not specify when they are in commission. I called before our trip and they confirmed the pools were heated. Well, the pools are not heated in "summer" months and "summer" apparently includes the month of March. There are very few(if any) people in the pools b/c they were frigid. I am extremely disappointed they don't make a consideration considering how cold the water is. Since the pools are so cold, the small hot tub and small indoor pool are very over crowded. My wife and I were also looking forward to access to the poolside bar but we were told this service was only available during "summer" months. At this point, we are really unsure what "season" we are in. Hilton needs to clearly define when their facilities are in working order and let the consumer make a decision based on straight forward, honest information as opposed to arbitrarily deciding when these facilities are working. They also need to better educate their reservation reps and alert consumers of this policy. There is also a lot of construction going on around the hotel. If you want to stay in Pensacola this appears to be your best bet but I would stay in another location all together until reconstruction is complete.
I will say that the hotel staff we have encountered have all been informative and courteous.

Poor quality for the money

by TripAdvisor Member loriet

We paid for a Gulf view room with a balcony. The room was located directly over the air conditioning unit for the resturant and lobby which made the balcony useless due to the noise. Although the noise from the air conditioner was hardly noticible when the construction equpment fired up.
The pool was closed for cleaning in the middle of Sunday afternoon. But, the worst was the unmistakable smell of urine in our room.
We were very disapppointed in this Hilton.
Stay at the Hampton Inn next door.

Always love it!!!!

My Fiance is in the navy and until two months go, I lived in Arizona while he was stationed in Penscacola. Everytime I would come visit, we would stay here. We absolutely have loved every experience here so much, we are getting married here in May 2006. The breakfast is phenominal, the service is Hilton quality There is some construction going on, they are improving their parking lot,and the hotel next door was destroyed by a hurricane. So there is some construction out the windows of some gulf view rooms, but the view of the ocean and beach more than outweighs the onstruction The Hotel event coordinater Kelly Brown is amazing!!!!!Being new to Pensacola I had no clue who to go to for wedding plans. Kelly was the one. She is a planner from heaven as far as Im concerned. She gave me every bit of info I could ever need. Thanks again Kelly!!!! Back to the hotel. Like I said there is some construction going on, but the pool is beutiful, the beach is beutiful, the breakfast is awesome, the service is awesome. They make up for the parking lot construction by offering free velet. Whats the problem when you have free valet? Its a wonderful hotel, well worth every penny as far as Im concerned. Don't let the negative reviews stear you elsewhere, this is the best on the beach!!!!

Very Nice Stay

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and had a very nice time. Our room overlooked the Gulf and despite the hurricaine I was pleasantly suprised by how nice the beach was. I think the only thing that is somewhat misleading about the hotel is the name. I typically know Garden Inn's as being small and having continental breakfast with no restaurant. The fact that there is a full restaurant, two pools, a beach and conference facilities makes it a little different than what the name might have you think. We ate at the restaurant H2O and enjoyed what they call "Cajun Asian." Many of the other hotels on the strip are actually out of commission still so you do have to see some construction but it didn't effect our stay. During our trip we went to five other florida beaches and this was definitely our favorite. There is a great Naval Air Museum in Pensecola that is home to the Blue Angels (and free) if you are looking for a fun daytrip. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back.

not all that

by TripAdvisor Member pb44303

This hotel was not what I was excepting for a Hilton. Check in was not friendly or quick. The people were not rude, just not that polite and friendly. The room was very small, nothing special. It is suggested to stay next door at a suite for cheaper. While we were there, there was construction out side and when I call to book a room was not told this. They are building onto the hotel and parking lots. Parking right now is not close by. The pools were nice, but crowded and on Sat. they have live music at the pool (very lound). On the beach pictures show chair and unbrella's (from the hotel's webpage), however, these are for rent and not the hotels. When I asked the hotel for towels for the beach they only would give us small pool towles. Over all this was not the worst hotel, however, it's not worth the money

Great Getaway!

A great place to visit located directly on the white, sandy beaches of Pensacola. Large, clean, comfortable rooms with mini-bar. Beautiful lobby! Top notch breakfast buffet: made to order items, perfectly seasoned, good variety with something to suit the tastes of all ages. Pools have something for everyone - indoor pool, outdoor pool with a poolside tiki hut for drinks, shallow wading pool for toddlers with lots of fun water spouts squirting up. A lovely place for romantic couples, business travelers, or families with children. Located right in the middle of places to eat as well as places to shop.

Comments