Sole Inn and Suites Hotel Pensacola

Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about Sole Inn and Suites Hotel Pensacola

SO IMPRESSED!

by TripAdvisor Member Bakendon

I took my best friend and our children to Pensacola for a couple of days. We stayed at Sole Inn and I cannot tell you how great it was. The staff were amazing and the owner was so nice. He seemed genuinely happy to take care of our needs and he was a pleasure to talk to. I love what he has done to the property! The decor was beautiful and the landscaping was perfect for the style of the place. I thought the room was plenty big enough. I have never stayed in a motel where the beds were comfortable until now. It would have been nice to have someplace to hang our wet towels so that we could reuse them. This is definately going to be the place I stay at every time I return to Pensacola...at least, until I move there!!!!

I have never been treated so nice!

by TripAdvisor Member texastravelor63

From my first call to checking out, the staff was always asking what else they could do to make our stay better. The rooms were clean, smelled good and the bed was very comfortable. The Only thing I could say was lacking....Nothing!! I Will be staying with them again next time I travel to Pensacola. I would recommend the Sole' to anyone who wants personal service with a smile and a good deal as well. Enjoy!!

Never Again!

by TripAdvisor Member cjfwrt

This is a very reasonably priced hotel for being in downtown Pensacola but it was a very ordinary room with the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in my life. The manager claimed they were brand new but I don't know how brand new mattresses can sink down in the middle. I had high hopes for this place having read such great reviews but sadly our experience did not turn out that way!

A cool place..

by TripAdvisor Member ukmole

Incredibly tasteful decor. Patio seats were really comfy! A friend had a cocktail kit and we zoned out listening to F. Sinatra on the piped music while the fountain played.. My bed was super comfy and I slept like a baby.
Staff were very helpful. A good place to stay.

Different...but cute and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member soccernole

The hotel building is a former TravelLodge that was completely gutted and renovated. From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but the rooms inside are very comfortable. Actually, each room is a little different. They all have modern touches and fixtures. There is a water feature outside that provides "white noise" to drown out the street sounds (cars, etc.).
The bed was really comfortable, and the shower had plenty of water pressure. There was no bathtub in our room (just a shower) but that's fine because I don't take baths. The closet was HUGE, so we put our luggage in there, keeping it out of the way. We also had a TV, microwave, and fridge. Everything we needed, nice and simple.
We were able to walk to Seville Quarter, all the restaurants on Palafox Street, etc. with no problem (wearing comfortable shoes).

The ONLY negative was that the hotel is close to several churches, and on Sunday morning, the church bells were pretty much ringing non-stop.

Overall, I very much enjoyed the stay at this hotel. It was inexpensive but a nice hotel for what we paid.

Great location, nice room

by TripAdvisor Member thomaspancoast

We stayed here while attending a concert at the Pensacola Civic Center. It is within easy walking distance of the Civic Center and many bars and restaurants downtown. This is a restored/remodeled motel that is going for a contemporary art-deco vibe, similar to some of the smaller hotels you might find in Miami's south beach. You won't find any Scandinavian made furniture, but the rooms are nice and clean and there is a nice outdoor patio/lounge area with a cool and unique fountain and piped in music. There is also a complimentary "happy hour" between 5 and 7 pm with free beer and wine and cheese and crackers available in the lobby. For the price (which was almost 50% less than the other hotel within walking distance of the C.C. - the Crown Plaza) this hotel certainly fit our needs and would be a good choice for a concert stay or for visiting downtown Pensacola.

This owner really gets it!

by TripAdvisor Member dwpiper

This hotel is a total and perfect restoration of an old 50's downtown motel.
My stay was a real pleasure in every way. They even set out nice snacks, wine and beer free each evening for the guests and we seemed to feel like we knew each other and the owner and staff were friends of us all and we actually didn't know each other before. At least that is how I felt. I will return to this hotel whenever I am in this area. Dave

Entire Staff was fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member MH-60R-Dad

In town for my son's winging and this provided a great mix of value, amenities and location. The people here make your stay a great experience. Great location-walk to night life etc. Service was impeccable - everyone was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were a good value - not fancy but very functional. A lttle bit funky with character. Happy hour was a nice touch and gave a chance to mingle and meet other guests.

Definitely a repeat.

Very impressed and will definitely return.

by TripAdvisor Member chance911

I tend to be the type of person who only writes reviews if I have something positive to say about an establishment or was provided superior customer service, after all everyone has bad days and deserves the benefit of the doubt, so why write bad reviews right?(unless it is an ongoing bad experience)...Anyway, I had no problems whatsoever writing a very good review of Sole Inn and Suites as the establishment was wonderful and the customer service was by far the best customer service I have had anywhere in a long time.
My wife and I decided to stay at Sole for New Years Eve due to its proximity to the Pensacola Pelican Drop (Sole is walking distance to all of downtown Pensacola). When we checked in, I was immediately impressed with the decor of the lobby and quality of customer service at the front desk. We were given a "goody bag" which contained snacks, New Years Eve party favors and a small bottle of champagne. I thought this was a very nice added touch.
On my way to the room I noticed how nicely maintained the property was and also could not help but notice the courtyard and fountain which looked like a great place to just relax. When we got to our room, actually it was a suite as we had booked, I again was impressed. The suite, while not overly large was very uniquely decorated, well appointed, very clean, and best of all very comfortable. The suite had a decent sized living room, a nice bedroom, a kitchenette which contained a sink, fridge, coffee pot and microwave. The bathrooms in the suite were small but nice, and the bed was extremely comfortable.
After we got settled in we went back down to the lobby for the cocktail hour and relaxed in the courtyard near the fountain for awhile. I particularly enjoyed relaxing in the courtyard by the fountain and found it to be a great feature. Eventually we went down to the pelican drop to participate in the festivities. When we returned, the rooms were reasonably quiet considering it was New Years Eve, and I enjoyed a great nights sleep.
The next morning my wife and I got up for breakfast and I was again pleasantly surprised. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, bagels, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and a variety of juices and coffee. Another added touch, since it was New Years Day and we are in the south, was a pot of black eyed peas and greens. When we checked out we were again provided with exceptional customer service and I felt the cost of the room was money very well spent. Although I am local to Pensacola, I have every intention of returning to Sole Inn and Suites and enjoying another relaxing stay with my wife. I cannot say enough good things about this place.

confederate civil war memorialconfederate civil war memorial

escambia county courthouseescambia county courthouse

Barnhill's buffet - salad sectionBarnhill's buffet - salad section

Our dollar on the wallOur dollar on the wall

Comments