Suburban Extended Stay Pensacola

Acme Oyster and Fish House at nightAcme Oyster and Fish House at night

Siam ThaiSiam Thai

Airport Parking

by Farmer01

Are there any discounts available or alternative sites for parking for a week at Pensacola Airport?

Re: Airport Parking

by giovannaogrady

I realize that this is no longer relevant for future reference I want to let you know that you can find long-term parking at the Pensacola airport for $8.50 a day. You can find more info at http://www.aboutairportparking.com/pensacola-regional-airport-parking

Travel Tips for Pensacola

Pensacola Beach and the Sound Side

by palmas57

One of the best things about Pensacola is the beautiful white beaches. We love going out in our boat , relaxing and just enjoying all the beautiful scenery that Pensacola has to offer. The pelicans and gulls are everywhere and such a joy to watch. Of course, Our boat is not one of these that you see in this picture, but we enjoy it just the same. I have many fond memories of Pensacola and would have to say that my best memories are of my family and my parents and just growing up in Pensacola. My parents are both gone now but they still live in me through all my wonderful memories. They loved to takes us places and loved to travel. Pensacola has changed alot but it will always be beautiful and full of loving memories.

Sun Screen

by palmas57

The most important thing to pack other than clothes is sun screen. If you are not used to being out in the sun and head out to the beach, please use a high spf sun screen. Too many people end up lying in bed due to a bad sunburn rather than having a good time. I know, because I have been there. Even those of us living here make that mistake. You don't want to ruin your vacation so please use sun screen.
Pack light clothes in the Summer and in the Winter you usually only need a light jacket. However, it can get cold in January and February. Due to the moisture in the air here it feels colder than the temperature indicates. If you get a sunburn, Aloe helps take the sting out , I like to use noxzema cold cream. It makes your skin feel cooler.

McGuires Irish Pub!

by dab123 about McGuires Irish Pub!

Located throughout the restaurant walls are one dollar bills that have been signed by former patrons from around the world. The restaurant has over 2oo thousand dollars just on the walls. Steak any way you want it!

It wouldn't be the South without Bar-B-Q

by Travel2write about Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q

Family restaurant where you get hefty portions for a low price. Dinner like facility where you can bring the kids. My wife liked the fried squash and I was all about the slab of baby back ribs. Ummmmmmmm!

Naval Air Museum

by grandmaR

We visited this museum twice. This is one of the three largest air museums in the US - the other two are the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and an AF museum in Ohio. The museum is way too big to see all of it in one visit - 291,000 square feet of exhibit space and 37 acres of grounds.

We were interested in seeing some of the 140 restored aircraft representing Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Aviation. We mostly saw just the ones inside the Museum and didn't see many of the ones that are outside.

I took pictures of the model of the Essex (aircraft carrier). I though Bob was on the last cruise in this ship in 1962 when the keel was broken by a North Atlantic winter storm, but the info said that the Essex was not decommissioned until 1969. I didn't see a model of the Intrepid.

Both of us took pictures of the N3N which was the trainer seaplane in which Bob took his first flights on at the USNA and which gave him the idea that he wanted to fly instead of do submarines, and we both took pictures of the T-28 and T-34 which were the trainers that he learned on when he was in flight school here in Pensacola. I also took pictures of the four A-4 Skyhawks in formation suspended in the Blue Angels Atrium.

The Flight Line Tour which they used to have was not available because of storm damage. When it is running, the Bus leaves from the museum entrance every half hour 10:00 AM through 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM through 4:00 PM Tickets are free and available at the Information Desk

On the second visit, we went to the IMAX "History of Flight" show. Afterwards we walked around the museum - listened in on a tour group, took a weather quiz, and took pictures of Cessna OE-1 (Army L-19) that Bob's brother flew

The museum is open 9:00 to 5:00 every day except Thanksgiving Day,
Christmas Day and New Year's Day - admission is free. There is a charge for the IMAX and simulator rides.

Comments