2 Via de Luna, Pensacola, Florida, 32561, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

Best Buy on the Beach

The facilities are nice on the bottom floor. The rooms are outdated but have spectacular views from the beach view balconies. Do NOT get a 2nd or 3rd story room above the eating area. The sound from scooting of the chairs actually travel up into the rooms!!!

Unique Quality: decent pools, quick access to the beach, outdoor shower, free breakfast, free afternoon snacks, & Wednesdays are Oyster Night at the bar.

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

I love this hotel

This is a very nice Hampton. It sits right on the beach and when I say right on the beach, I mean you walk out to the pool and there it is. I always made sure I got up early enough to take a morning walk on the beach with a cup of coffee before going to work and took off a little early to catch some good rays in the afternoon.

Their continental breakfast is awesome. It consisted of hard boiled eggs, pastries, fresh juices and much more. Each room has a microwave, refrigerator and wet bar. The ocean view rooms have their own private terrace which makes for a relaxing area to eat breakfast or just relax before dinner. And the service is just wonderful.

The picture above is of the hotel taken from the Fishing Pier.

• cruisinbeck's Profile Photo

Couldn't have picked a better hotel...

This hotel was the best bet for me - reasonably priced for an ocean view room right on the beach. Room was large with a great view.

The staff at this hotel are absolutely fantastic. It doesn't have a five star price tag, but you're treated like it does. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is. Upon checkout, I was even allowed to bring an injured bird to my room before heading to the wildlife rescue. Charity at the front desk called them for me and gave me directions (hope I don't get her in trouble for this). OUTSTANDING!

Unique Quality: This crazy Northerner was swimming one 50 degree night with the sea spray whipping by the moon in the wind, and rather than look at me like the nut that I am, an employee offered me a warm towel. Unbelievable service.

Directions: The first hotel on your right if you stay to the left after crossing the bridge to the beach.

• tony248's Profile Photo

I love this place!

We have been to Pensacola Beach twice and if I had my way, it would be a regular trip. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on both trips and it was wonderful. The wife gave the OK for me to leave the balcony door open at night so I could hear the waves coming in. So nice. The stress relief was outstanding. We were on the top floor (far from the elevator) and the view was terrific.

Unique Quality: The Inn was so easy to get to. Right on the beach. Restaurants, shops, entertainment all within easy walking distance. Need something while staying there? The staff was very helpful. Check their website at http://www.hamptonbeachresort.com for pricing. It varies a lot depending on which side of the Inn you choose and the time of year. And for the best area map I have ever seen, check the Pensacola Beach website at http://www.visitpensacolabeach.com.

More about Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach

Newly reopened and AWESOME!

The Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach just reopened in late April 2006 and it is spectacular! The rooms are beautiful with cherry furniture; a cherry vanity with granite countertops in the bathroom; a large shower with the curved shower bar; and the softest bed with fantastic pillows and a luxury duvet cover.

I stayed one night, May 5 2006 in room 204 overlooking the beach and ocean. The stay was perfect, the staff were so sweet and the price was fair. Add to that a nice military discount and it was better than fair.

They offer a free "continental" breakfast in the morning, but it's more than that. Assorted juices, coffee, milk, bagels (can be toasted if you want), muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt and even eggs and biscuits. Eat in the little area there in the lobby, out on their patio or in your room.

I can't say enough about the Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach. I will definitely stay there again!

A great family place with excellent service and amenities

by TripAdvisor Member austinuke

The Hampton Inn at Pensacola Beach is a great place for a family vacation. The rooms are large, the hotel is pristine and the service is beyond compare.

Once you arrive you can park your car and you are right at the beach, you can walk to dinner nightly.

Don't forget to visit Fort Pickens while you are in Pensacola. Also make sure to get the schedule for the free Blue Angels show at Pensacola NAS, it is worth going.

Enjoy your visit to friendly Pensacola.

The only negative is if the tide brings in jelly fish!!!

Fabulous beach vacation at the Hampton Inn

Just returned from an excellent beach weekend at the Hampton Inn in Pensacola. Hadn't been to the beach in years, and frankly wasn't looking forward to it, but this trip changed all that. The hotel is on the beach, just a walk out of the back doors of the lobby, and you are on the white sands of the Gulf. The room was well equipped with refrigerator and microwave (we were not guaranteed that when we called). The bed was extremely comfortable, very soft sheets and comfy bedding. TV selections were very good. Complimentary breakfast was very tasty including some hot items like eggs and sausage as well as the usual pastries, cereals, etc. The only problem we had was with our room door which didn't close easily or quietly, but the hotel is just now adjusting to re-opening, so little kinks like that will most likely be worked out soon. Easy to get around Pensacola Beach and Pensacola from this hotel. Very close to good restaurants-Flounders being good, but Peg-Leg Pete's being very, very good. Would highly recommend the Hampton for a hotel beach stay.

A mixed bag

by TripAdvisor Member JudySlidell

Date: June 12, 06
We stayed here for two nights. This hotel recently reopened and its obvious that staff doesn't quite have it all together yet. Don't even think about checking in before 4pm because your room won't be ready. Some of those in line with us during check in at 4pm were told that their room still wouldn't be ready for "10 to 15 more minutes". When we finally got in our room, it smelled of smoke even though it was suppose to be non smoking. Around 5pm a main water line broke and we were without all water for 4 or 5 hrs. Staff called and apologized but we weren't offered any other compensation. The next day the maid didn't come to clean our room until 2pm. We told her to just bring fresh towels which didn't arrive until 4pm.
On the positive side, the rooms are large and very comfortable (With the exception of the bathroom which is very small). The rooms with balconies which face the gulf are much more expensive but worth the extra expense. If you do get one of these rooms however, try to get one on a higher floor, as the ones on the second floor overlooking one of the pools don't offer much privacy. The location is great, within walking distance of restaurants, shops and the pier. The breakfast was also very good.

Value?

by TripAdvisor Member cdill

Just returned from a 4 day stay and would like to share results with you. Don't expect to check in prior to 4pm. House cleaning dept. very slack. Rooms ok cleaned, but had to ask for soap, tissue ect. Beds are comfy. Rooms are pricy as there aren't but 3 or 4 hotels open and a lot of building and road construction.It is almost borders on price gouging.Most of the staff are just there. Breakfast is fair and the only other place I found it was at the grocery store on the left in the 2 story building before you leave the island.I don't know if I would return or not.

Super clean with a great view

by TripAdvisor Member Tull

We arrived an hour before the 4:00 check in and because our room had been cleaned we were allowed to check in early. The room was very clean and the view from the balcony was nice. I would recommend to go ahead and spring an extra few bucks for the balcony because it allows your to enjoy the ocean even at night. We were within walking distance from several restrauants, tourist stores, and the pier. You must go to the pier and watch for the sea turtle. It was the highlight of the stay. There was only one fast food chain close to the hotel, so it was a little expensive to eat. The breakfast at the hotel was ample:eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, juice, and coffee. Because Pensacola is still recovering from past hurricanes there is some construction that can be seen and soflty heard from the hotel. The ocean's sound really blocks out the muffled noise and the crew stopped working at an early hour. If you want things to do research before you go because there is little information at the visitors center or the hotel. Overall, the stay was very nice. The room was clean and quite. The view was great. And, the staff was friendly. The 12:00 check out also allowed us to enjoy the ocean the last day of our stay.

Nice break

by TripAdvisor Member Tingeling

Managed to squeeze in a short trip (20 hours) in Pensacola, but what a place ! Wonderful white beaches !

Stayed at the Hampton. Nice stay from the very beginning. Very helpful front desk, great room ; clean, very comfortable bed, nice bathroom... Must agree with the others : Spend the extra bucks on balcony and oceanview (we did).

Booked room via hotel's website. As the hotel is rather costly, keep updated for pricechanges (even if the hotel has a 72 hour cancellation-policy, we managed to take advantage of a better rate twice before arriving)

Hotel is right on the beach - all I can say is that if I get a chance, I'll try to stay longer next time...

Comments