ResortQuest Rentals at Windemere Condominiums

Windemere Condominiums
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Pensacola Beach

pensacola beach linepensacola beach line

the longest pier on the gulf of mexico pensacolathe longest pier on the gulf of mexico pensacola

Bridge getting to the beachBridge getting to the beach

Green FlagGreen Flag

Travel Tips for Pensacola Beach

Snowy White Beach - Spotlessly Clean Ocean

by RoyJava

H.R.H. The Prince of Wales recited: "... I believe that the lessons they're working out at Seaside have very serious applications, both in rural areas and in our cities."

I submit to this recital, even the result has worked out at over-perfection. Next to my study and making researches into Javanese sea-myths I must agree perfection still can be perfected by working out unflagging diligence into new ideas. Over and over again ... In the heat of the night I went for a beach walk. Together with a beautifull lady, member of our German fashion crew. We got stunned by the night view over the ocean. I never have seen such a beautifull snow-white coral beach. Totally contrariety to the pitch black beach of Ende, Flores. At the other side of Earth ... and still the same salty ocean-water.
thanks seaside florida

Ende Black Beaches

the closest Florida beach to the Midwest

by gkitzmil

"Right down Interstate 65"

The story is we were planning to visit Nashville, TN, and I wondered what the closest beach was to Nashville. My calculations by driving time pointed to Pensacola Beach! In about five hours down I-65 you can be to the exit to take local highways (another hour+) to Pensacola beach.

"White sand beaches"

I have been to many beaches in Florida up and down both the East (Atlantic) Coast and West (Coast). I had never been to the panhandle beaches and certainly not to Pensacola Beach.

Beach in some parts of the Florida Gulf coast (not all) is mostly shells and in some parts of the East Coast is mostly brown sand from mixture of sea shells.

Sand in Northwest Florida is mostly pure white fine-grained quartz crystals and is beautiful.

"weather"

Going in "Winter" can be very cool. The thermometer reads 45 which sounds much warmer than freezing temperatures in the Northern US but with a wind it can feel quite cold.

Pensacola Beach

by tony248

"the beaches are outstanding!"

Time. Never enough time. Or so it seems. It's so easy for time to slip by when your in a place like this. The picture here is of one of parking areas in the National Seashore on Santa Rosa Island. The beach was fantastic and you can tell from this shot that we pretty much had it to ourselves. You pay a very small fee to enter the Seashore and then you are away from the crowds. To be sure, we were not there at the top of the tourist season but we were told that the locals made more use of the area than tourists who would make use of the beaches nearer their hotel. The beach at our hotel was just as nice but I welcomed the seclusion. After all, the best part of traveling to me is getting away from the pressure of work. Hardest work I had to do here was get the sand out of my shoes.

"Fort Pickins"

Any where you go, you can find something interesting. Our visit to Pensacola Beach on Santa Rosa Island was no exception. Pensacola has long been an important harbor on the Gulf of Mexico and harbors need defenses. Fort Pickins, located on the western end of Santa Rosa Island was one of three forts that protected Pensacola. Fort Pickins is very old and shows the marks of age on it's battlements. The scene above is of vaulted chambers that protected the older gun emplacements. Each chamber would house a gun which fired through a gun port in the outer wall. The chambers were needed to protect the guns but held in the smoke when the guns were fired. You can just make out an opening in the top of the nearest chamber roof that would act like a chimney for the smoke. I doubt it helped much.

"Beware the Locals!"

There always seemed to be a bunch of kids hanging out in the parking lot of the little market across from the hotel. The spot was next to the board walk, shops, ampitheater, and resturants. They were always friendly to us and would move around as needed to stay out of the way of shoppers and anyone looking for a parking place. They kindly moved in order for us to get the last place in the lot to park so we thanked them and told them we would put their picture up on the net with our trip photos.

Comments