Super Inn

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 7 reviews
Expedia.com Booking.com

Dump--Rude Customer Service Personnel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 17, 2011

I will post my email to the booking agent here. Note I still have not received a response. If I get any hint of good faith from either, I will be the first to let you know! Here is my story:

I would like to explain my situation a little first and let you know that there will be an opportunity for you to make this right with me, but if not, I will certainly never refer anyone else to you after the experience that I have had. First of all, I had a business trip (day venture) planned on the coast, then decided maybe I could find a room and go down the day before with my kids and spend a little time at the beach. I searched for cheap hotels in the area of my business meeting, but was unable to find anything. I had decided not to try it since it was so last minute, but my kids begged me, so I searched again and found a hotel approximately 30 minutes away near another beach, so I took it. At first I thought I was getting the room for around $60, but after taxes and other fees, I paid $85. A little disappointed at having to pay that much, I sucked it up because my kids wanted to go so badly. We came down and went straight to the beach and enjoyed our day thoroughly. Once we'd had all we could stand and it was getting dark, we decided to pack up and head to the "Super Inn" where we had reservations. Let me just tell you, when we started that direction everything looked fine, I wasn't expecting anything at all spectacular for $85, but a clean, safe place for my kids would have been appreciated. The closer we got, we started noticing bars on the windows and loiterers everywhere. When we turned in, I immediately noticed a huge sign that was advertising their rooms at $39.99 per night. REALLY?? After I just paid $85--from CHEAPOSTAY!!! Really??? Then the more I paid attention to the surrounding, I knew I didn't want to take my children into this place. All they wanted was a pool, but there was NO WAY they were going to get into that one in the location it was in. Not even almost. Okay, so I go inside to check-in, knowing we would be there only to lay our heads down and clean up, but the customer service there was worse than what I'd seen thus far! The first person didn't speak very well English, so she brought in a man whom was on his cell phone to help me. The man NEVER hung up his phone, and for the most part, except for a few brief pauses, I never interrupted his conversation in another language. There is a man holding my debit card and driver's license whom I've never met, talking in a foreign language which I do not speak!! How comfortable would you feel with your kids right outside in the vehicle?? Anyway, I signed my form and just wanted to be safely behind the door with my kids for the night--so we made our way to the room he told us to go to and I noticed almost all of the room doors at the inn were beat up pretty badly, like someone routinely walks around the facility with a baseball bat or something. I ignored this and went on to the room. Let me just tell you, when I walked in there, it was like walking into that old hourly rate motel in a small town on prom night with a cooler full of alcohol where you know mistakes are about to be made. That's the kind of gross feeling that I had. My kids were like "Mom, I thought we were going to a hotel, not a run-down pro-drug dump." That was the last straw. So , I called the front desk and asked to speak to the gentleman that had just checked me in and she said "Who is this?". I told her it was the lady that had just checked in, there were only two cars in the entire parking lot and they had children running in and out of the back room of the office, more like a day-care than a business. Anyway, he got on the phone and I kindly told him that I didn't feel comfortable there and was considering leaving and asked if that would be a problem. He said no, that I could cancel, but he wouldn't do it for me, I had to call you guys. Then he mumbled something about $50 plus tax. I said "You are kidding!! You want to charge me $50 + tax to cancel"? He said "no, I'm not gonna do it, call Expedia." I told him that I would call the company I booked it through, not Expedia, then he argued with me about who it was booked through. I'm sure that is how it showed up on his form, but arguing with me about where I purchased it from? Really? SO--I looked up my confirmation email from you guys and called the number listed as customer service while we all loaded up in the vehicle to leave there. NO KIDDING--I took a picture of this and will attach it to this email--I sat on HOLD for OVER 2 HOURS!! Never talked to ANYBODY!!!! I found us another room and actually got a really good deal at a wonderful location because they felt sorry for us for all the trouble we'd been through. I was literally in tears after about 30 minutes on HOLD and still nobody!! I WASTED over 130 minutes of cell minutes trying to cancel the room until my phone died. SERIOUSLY?? I'm so frustrated right now, I don't know who at the most, but I'm frustrated!! I pay $85, $40 on site ad, I wouldn't pay $5, horrible location--the lady who worked at the Burger King right down from the Super Inn said she would NEVER stay there, nor recommend it to anyone. That was my final confirmation that I had done the right thing leaving there! My kids and I are safe and sound in a more than worth $85 per night room, so I am giving you the opportunity to make this right on your end. I read your policy and I understand it, however, these circumstances where forced by the company that sets the cancellation policy, therefore, I feel that I should be refunded my entire amount. I just joined your clubmiles program too. Please don't make me regret my decision! Thank you in advance. I really look forward to hearing back from you soon. Thank you!!

Unique Quality: My kids were not comfortable at all there.

Nearby Super Inn

Pensacola Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Pensacola Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Pensacola Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pensacola Beach hotel reviews