1200 South Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, Florida, 33065, United States

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Very Average

Hotel is right on the beach. We got moved to bigger room due to plumbing issues at hotel. Larger room suite was very nice. However, hotel looks in need of an update. Beach had quite a bit of trash on it that was not picked up or groomed by hotel. That surprised me as I would think this would be there bread and butter.

You will have to drive to any big restaurants or tourists spots.

Staff was friendly. Parking lot is scary as spaces are small and tight.

Waves are small in this area so if you like surfing or boogie boarding not great waves.

If going for value you'll be ok. If going for pampering not the spot.

Unique Quality: Very large pool with lots of room around it.

Restaurant is decent.

• moneysavr's Profile Photo

A GEM! Of a Hotel / Villas

This hotel has it all! Great staff,clean rooms,great pools-Warm!& clean,and is on the beach!The location is great.

Unique Quality: The location and staff! Just North Of Ft.Lauderdale- Pompano is a great area

Directions: Commercial Blvd-To A1-A North on the Ocean.

More about Beachcomber Resort Hotel & Villas

We loved the Beachcomber Resort!!!

by TripAdvisor Member beatricebelle

My husband and I stayed at the Beachcomber in July. We were only able to stay one night, but we had a absolutely beautiful room!!! They are renovating the whole hotel and we were lucky to have one of the brand new rooms. Our room had an ocean front balcony and a pool side balcony. The room was gorgeous and spacious. It had marble countertops in the kitchenette area and the bathroom. Beautiful shutters on the windows. It had beautiful furnishings as well. We ate in the hotel restaurant and our meals were delicious. The waitress wasn't very friendly though, but luckily the bus boy was. The front desk staff were wonderful too. We will stay there again!

Great Vacation!!

by TripAdvisor Member afm1229

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our say at the Beachcomber. The room was very clean and the staff was very pleasant to deal with. Our room wasn't a direct ocean view, but the staff did offer us an upgrade if we wanted it. The direct access to the beach is amazing and the pool is Beautiful!! For the price, we will definately consider staying here again. South Florida is fantastic!

Beachcomber for perfect beachfront vacation

Excellent hotel and service. Make sure that you book an ocean view room. Great vacation and great times.

It has villas with full fledged kitchen.

Highly recommended

Fabulous!

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with wonderfully large balconies affording lovely views of the pool and ocean. The pool is gigantic and beautifully maintained with plenty of lounges available. It is just steps away from the ocean. The restaurant is reasonable and good. Parking is free and plentiful. We could have stayed forever! It was very romantic. We highly recommend this hotel.

We stayed at the Beachcomber the week of November 6, 2004.

The room was excellent - Ocean Front.
The balconies were excellent - Three.
The restaurant was excellent - You could not beat the price or the quality.

We are definately coming back.

OK time

by TripAdvisor Member sabrefencer

My boyfriend and I just came back from the Beachcomber. We got there on 1/13/05 and we originally reserved a standard room but was upgraded to a higher grade because they could not find a king size bed. The higher grade room was SO SMALL and it definetely could not have fit a king size bed. The bathroom could barely fit 2 people. So we complained and was upgraded (for $20/night) to a 1 bedroom villa. It was very spacious and was like a small condo with a kitchen. The problem was that it's old, we found small pieces of glass on the sofa and the bathroom toilet broke. Even though we got these problems fixed, they shouldn't have been issues to begin with. This shows that housekeeping does not do a good job because there should have not been glass! My boyfriend cut his hand pretty bad and that wasn't pleasant.
The restaurant is small but the food is very good and reasonably priced. There really isn't much to do at the resort and around the area.
The private beach is nice. The large pool is heated so that was good but the smaller 2nd pool by the villa was very dirty and no one swam in it. The overall resort is small and somewhat dirty but I know they are renovating things. The staff is nice but they are slow and there aren't many workers. Most people who stay are senior citizens or families. This is not a place to stay if you are young.

Nice room and grounds but avoid the restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member JMatheson

Room was OK. Nice furnishings. Bathroom left a lot to be desired. View from room wonderful and grounds were lovely. Go there for the scenery - avoid the restaurant.

Fell in Love with the Beachcomber

by TripAdvisor Member pamelli98

I'm a local and needed a weekend getaway. We fell in love with the Beachcomber. The facilities were beautiful. We stayed in the tower and had the most beautiful view from our balcony. I think most of the rooms have been recently remodeled. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would highly recomend this hotel. (I did not try the restaurant.)

Pompano Beach in April

by vanderlust

We are staying at the Beachcomber in Pompano Beach in April. I searched for reviews on this hotel but found none. Anyone stay here recently?

What is there to do in Pompano? The Music Festival is going on while we are there and we plan to visit. I am particularly interested in water activities. I have read about good snorkeling on a reef 100 yds off the beach. I have never had that great an experience snorkeling in Florida except in the Keys.

by counsel14

The Beachcomber is a typical best western hotel. Moderately priced, nice accomodations, friendly wait staff. close to the beach. Close to restaurants. friendly to kids.

There's deep sea fishing boats available for rental with guides or without. With is WAY better! There's also a lot of sports things to do. My husband said, "Yeah that's where the dolphins hang out!". I think he's speaking football again. There's not a lot for kids except the beach and a couple of beachy gift shops. lots for adults. Have fun.

by vanderlust

Thanks for the quick reply.
Are we talking the same resort though? We have a villa reserved at this resort. I have never seen a Best Western Villa ;)
Beachcomber Resort & Villas 1200 S. Ocean Blvd. 33062

by counsel14

Yes: it's the same place. it was purchased by the best western group about two years ago. they upgraded some of the furnishings and changed the breakfast foods. i think that's all they did to the hotel though. There are suites available and small single family style guest houses. Enjoy!

Comments