Wyndham Palm-Aire

Value Score

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Best VT Value Hotels

Resort employee stole our credit card number

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2010

The first major issue I have with this resort is that an employee there stole our credit card number from the resort check-in computer and charged $10,000 on our card all over town in a matter of 3 days. We only used this card to pay for the room, nothing else. Everything else was put on a totally different account. That is how we are positive it was taken by a resort employee. Previous to the room charge on this account there was no activity on it for months before. Right after we checked out from the Palm Aire, our card started getting used that night and 2 days after totaling up to $10,000. It's scary that you can't trust to use your credit card at a resort without someone stealing the number and making their own card with it with their name on it.
My second issue, was the staff. They were unprofessional, rude, had bad attitudes, most of them were clueless and not helpful, and didn't seem like they wanted to be there at all. The only smiles and "good mornings" we encountered were from the cleaning crew. The staff at the front desk, activity center, cafe, etc.....forget it! Not pleasant!
My last issue, the room. They put us in a room in the building connected to where you check in. If you get a room over there (the short 3 story building) ask for one in one of the towers. The rooms in the 3 story building are very outdated and old whereas the rooms in the towers are very new, remodeled, updated, etc. They should remodel and update the short building to be the same quality as the rest of the towers before renting them out. We had small TVs that we had to pull our chairs up close to watch to avoid getting eye strain. By now, the TVs should be updated to something a little bigger for the living room area at least. At this day in age you'd think they'd have flat screens and not the old box style TVs. Apparently they do in the tower rooms, but not in the building we were placed in. We never could get the remote to work to the TV in the living room. Most of our lightbulbs were burnt out so we had to call to get new ones put in when we first got there. Before we even went to our room I asked at check in if we could a room in one of the tower buildings that were closer to the pool. The front desk lady was rude about it stating that I needed "to specify a certain building when I book my room next time." How would I know what building to stay in if we've never been to the resort? I've never booked a resort online to where I had to specify my own choice of building. The only thing we were allowed to choose was the number of bedrooms we wanted online. Once we got there and noticed that all the tower buildings were closer to the pools we asked if we could be in one of those because it was easier with small children to step right out the door and there's the pool. If you're in the short check in building (the one not shown on their website) then you have to walk across the street in the resort to go to the pool areas. That was a pain to do all week with small children. I explained to the lady why I was inquiring about changing our room location before we even went up to ours and she was rude and short to the point, basically blaming me that that was what we booked. There are 2 bedroom rooms in the tower buildings as well. I booked a 2 bedroom room, not a specific building!!!!! She didn't care to understand or even listen to what I had to say. And I know we paid the same as what the rooms in the towers were after speaking to other guests. So they can't use the "you get what you pay for" statement to us. That was the warm welcome we got upon checking in.
And for those of you who need the internet while there on business and such, it's SLOW!!! They shouldn't advertise it as highspeed, it's aweful! You'll eventually lose your patience and give up. Just go swimming instead, the pools are nice and clean at least.
We will never return to this resort and will see to it that our friends/family don't either. Especially after having our credit card number stolen from one of their employees and then having a major shopping spree on it.

Nearby Wyndham Palm-Aire

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Pompano Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Pompano Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Pompano Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pompano Beach hotel reviews