2601 Palm Aire Drive North, Florida, 33069, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Resort employee stole our credit card number

The first major issue I have with this resort is that an employee there stole our credit card number from the resort check-in computer and charged $10,000 on our card all over town in a matter of 3 days. We only used this card to pay for the room, nothing else. Everything else was put on a totally different account. That is how we are positive it was taken by a resort employee. Previous to the room charge on this account there was no activity on it for months before. Right after we checked out from the Palm Aire, our card started getting used that night and 2 days after totaling up to $10,000. It's scary that you can't trust to use your credit card at a resort without someone stealing the number and making their own card with it with their name on it.
    My second issue, was the staff. They were unprofessional, rude, had bad attitudes, most of them were clueless and not helpful, and didn't seem like they wanted to be there at all. The only smiles and "good mornings" we encountered were from the cleaning crew. The staff at the front desk, activity center, cafe, etc.....forget it! Not pleasant!
    My last issue, the room. They put us in a room in the building connected to where you check in. If you get a room over there (the short 3 story building) ask for one in one of the towers. The rooms in the 3 story building are very outdated and old whereas the rooms in the towers are very new, remodeled, updated, etc. They should remodel and update the short building to be the same quality as the rest of the towers before renting them out. We had small TVs that we had to pull our chairs up close to watch to avoid getting eye strain. By now, the TVs should be updated to something a little bigger for the living room area at least. At this day in age you'd think they'd have flat screens and not the old box style TVs. Apparently they do in the tower rooms, but not in the building we were placed in. We never could get the remote to work to the TV in the living room. Most of our lightbulbs were burnt out so we had to call to get new ones put in when we first got there. Before we even went to our room I asked at check in if we could a room in one of the tower buildings that were closer to the pool. The front desk lady was rude about it stating that I needed "to specify a certain building when I book my room next time." How would I know what building to stay in if we've never been to the resort? I've never booked a resort online to where I had to specify my own choice of building. The only thing we were allowed to choose was the number of bedrooms we wanted online. Once we got there and noticed that all the tower buildings were closer to the pools we asked if we could be in one of those because it was easier with small children to step right out the door and there's the pool. If you're in the short check in building (the one not shown on their website) then you have to walk across the street in the resort to go to the pool areas. That was a pain to do all week with small children. I explained to the lady why I was inquiring about changing our room location before we even went up to ours and she was rude and short to the point, basically blaming me that that was what we booked. There are 2 bedroom rooms in the tower buildings as well. I booked a 2 bedroom room, not a specific building!!!!! She didn't care to understand or even listen to what I had to say. And I know we paid the same as what the rooms in the towers were after speaking to other guests. So they can't use the "you get what you pay for" statement to us. That was the warm welcome we got upon checking in.
    And for those of you who need the internet while there on business and such, it's SLOW!!! They shouldn't advertise it as highspeed, it's aweful! You'll eventually lose your patience and give up. Just go swimming instead, the pools are nice and clean at least.
    We will never return to this resort and will see to it that our friends/family don't either. Especially after having our credit card number stolen from one of their employees and then having a major shopping spree on it.

More about Wyndham Palm-Aire

Palm AIre Resort is FAB!!!

This resort-spa, was a home away from home. Relax by the pool, have a drink and play golf all in the same day. I was great. near great shopping, places to go, loved the decorating and the homey feeling of having my own kitchen and a huge place to stay. The staff was kind, the guests very nice and the grounds emaculate.

Aqua-Mar Condo & Apts Assoc.,...

by fga

Aqua-Mar Condo & Apts Assoc., Inc.
555 North Riverside Drive

Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954) 772-1331; Fax 772-6867

Above Average

by TripAdvisor Member GSP

We stayed at the Palm-Aire Dec 30 - Jan 6 in a 2 br in the Fountain Tower.

The Palm-Aire is claimed to be a RCI 'Gold Crown', which is best of the best.
I did enjoy my stay, but I have stayed in better resorts that did not have this title.

It is a large gated resort, in a location you did not feel so safe.
I found the building to be in poor layout. If you come to this resort you can only sun tan during the noon hours.
Each area has 2 building nearby which blocked the sun most of the day.
We were lucky to have our small deck facing the sun so we could tan earlier in the day.
I found the decks to be small, and the furniture to be poor; it would have been nice to have a taller table to read the paper.

I heard at least 5 ambulances/fire trucks daily and nightly which I found annoying.

We wife is a runner, she was disgusted to find unknown dead animals behind the buildings that seemed to be ignored.

We found the outdoor jacuzzi scumy during our stay.

Our second bathroom had a few ants in it each day.

The tennis courts where damaged during the hurricane, so we never used them.
I heard they were going to replace the courts with another building.

They have wireless internet for people like me that have a hard time leaving life at home; I think they charged $30 for the week.

With that said, the rooms are beautiful and spacious; they included all the appliances you would need.

There is a couple grocery stores and restruants nearby.

I found the gym to be above average compared to other resorts.

I would rate the spa as average.

There were a number of daily activities that we did not partipate in.
They had contiental breakfast outside our building a couple days.
1 day they had a one-man-band by the pool which was nice... I listened while tanning from the deck.

We LOVED the golf courses. This resort has access to 5 local golf courses which they give guests generous discounts (%50 off).
I would visit this resort again just for the golf deals; we golfed their best course 'The Mighty Oaks' for $41/each with cart during high season!

Upgraded to Penthouse

by TripAdvisor Member luvtovaction

We arrived late on Sunday night and the room they wanted to assign us was not available yet so they put us on the 10th floor. When we finally arrived with our 2 children (6months and 2yr old) we had discovered that we had a penthouse suite. Wow talk about luxury from the granite countertops to the HUGE balcony. This a nice resort but do remember this is also a timeshare resort so beware. The only down fall was that waterslide was out of service and the hot tub was more like a bath. We never did find out where you got the beach towels. There is a lot of traffic nearby and lots of sirens the firestation must of been close by.

The good thing is that a Superwalmart is across the street and Ruby Tuesday and Blockbuster. Also there is a horse track across the street. The location is definatly nice. You do need a car to enjoy the area. Not at all impressed with the sister resort Sea Gardens in which you can go to the beach-we actually went to Delray Beach.

Family of Four - had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member KCfam

We just got back. We stayed a week. Had a one bedroom deluxe in the Areca building (king with a sofa sleeper) Kids ages 4 and 20 months had a great time at the pools. Kids activities were good too (hair braiding, tye-dye shirts, crafts, ice cream, etc). Do need a car unless you want to stay at the pool the entire time. They do have a shuttle to the beach. We went to Sawgrass Mills which wasn't far away (about 30 minutes - great shopping- and also Coral Springs mall. Attended a Panthers Hockey game. All good. Went to the public beach at Lauderdale by the Sea. About 5 miles from the resort but very easy to find and drive to. The beach there is awesome and was not crowded.
Resort overall was good. Was difficult to find extra beach towels as well but got them at the front desk. Was asked immediately upon getting parking pass to attend a timeshare - politely declined and there was no additional pressure. Concierge had excellent referrals. Had great play place for the kids and mini golf. Room was excellent. Huge! Great to have an eat -in kitchen with a Winne-Dixie grocery within walking distance. Saved lots of $$ that way. Great golf course too. Very enjoyable and relaxing. Staff was very friendly and nice. We'd go again.

Nice Resort/Not Nice Area

My wife, son, and i just got back from vacation.

Our overall take on the trip was; The resort was very nice, clean, friendly, and the weather happened to be perfect. I would say our only complaints would be not so much with the resort but where it's located. Twenty minute ride to beach (always traffic), but hey it was Spring Break, but of more concern was the surrounding nieghborhood. We didn't feel comfortable ourselves and even less with our sixteen year old son and friend walking or even driving in the area. Don't get me wrong we weren't terrified, my wife and i both grew up in N.Y., but still when i'm on vacation with wife and fam. we would have all preferred a more comfortable feeling about the area we're staying.
Atlanta,Ga.

poor service, nice resort

the rooms was lovely, but one employee ruined my whole trip, i was also put in a penthouse due to over booking, then placed in a standard room as the front desk clerk called it, as i went to the standard room another guest came out of no-where claiming he was just given the same room. Milton was very nice he told me not to worry. i tried to order pizza but the delivery guy gave the wrong room number so therefore security told them he could not assist them, I spoke to Reno that claimed he was the manager but turned out to be the night auditor, ruddest person you would ever expect to find on a resort as nice as this. I tried to find out how come the security turned away the pizza delivery guy because he didnt have any information on me as a guest and didnt bother to contact front desk to find out. i had kids with me and they were really hungry, Reno made it clear to me that he didnt want to speak with me and just didnt care, he would not assist me in any way the only thing i needed was a phone book as none was in the room. I made a complaint to Mrs Williamson who was also really nice but i havent heard anything from her as yet as she was going to follow up on the incident. If you dont have to deal with Reno you will enjoy yourself, nice place for kids.

No Surprises.

A long way from the beach, but close to golf and racetrack. Definitely requires a car. Restaurants and shopping within a few minutes drive. Heavy traffic. There was a dirty cleaning rag left on the bedroom window sill. Our in-room safe wouldn't work. The stove was almost useless (oven inoperable, tilted burners, no non-stick utensils, no baking sheets.) No clock in either bedroom. And we had an odor of frying fish all the time we were here. Other than that, this timeshare met our expectations. Very friendly check-in. Big rooms with 3 TVs, washer-dryer and all of the essentials. Comfortable beds and chairs. Wireless computer connection available, but it costs $30.00 per week, which is no bargain. And I got fraudulently hacked because of the unsecured connection. The pool and water playground area is excellent and there seem to be lots of resort activities, although we didn't use them personally. Because of the heavy population pressure in this area, I would personally not return to this location for a vacation. This is not Florida, it's Anywhere USA. But that is not any fault of this resort. It is my fault for choosing it. Next time I'll pick something on the beach.

golf heaven

by TripAdvisor Member collegenurse

My husband and I inherited an RCI timeshare but before we found this out we booked a 4 day 3 night deal to see if we wanted to purchase. Since we were going to be down there we decided to extend the visit for a week. Well, we were so glad we did! I usually do not care for city type resorts but the inclusiveness of this one did not make me feel like I was in the mist of a city.
The golfing was great, we golfed everyday and the rates for guests were so reasonable and affordable. We stayed in a 2 bedroom that was really spacious, clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable and the kitchen well stocked.
The staff were great. The pool and spa were clean. The ocean was only 20 minutes away and the resturants in the area were good. We ate twice at one on powerline Ave. called Frog and Toad it was awesome.
I would stay here again.
We actually purchased more time!!!

Golf courses and green fees

by nerps

Hi, I am coming over in the first week of October and am hoping to escape the shopping by sacrificing myself to the local golf courses. I was frightened away from some on the west coast by the very high green fees; has anyone an approximate guess as to the fees locally. It should be noted that anything above 40 -50 dollars makes me shake and spoils my stroke play !!!!
Thanks for any help,
Graham.

Re: Golf courses and green fees

by SunTanBob

My game is not worth $40 so I size up local courses accordingly.

Palm Aire (west of Powerline between Cypress Creek and Atlantic) would be my first choice (Oaks and Cypress courses are better, Palms and Pines would be the alternative). Depending on your tee time greens fees can be in the $30 range that time of year.

Pompano Municipal (US1 north of Atlantic) greens fees are $25 max although they do not take tee times, it is first come first serve.

Orangebrook (south of Hollywood Blvd, west of I-95) usually hits pretty well for the $20 range.

Jacaranda (west Broward Blvd.) and Bonaventure (west on 595) might be other relatively cost-effective options if you happen to be out that way dropping off the wife at the Sawgrass Mall.

Comments