615 North Ocean Blvd., Pompano Beach, Florida, 33062, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• Beaware of this hotel

From the beginning the reservation process was very frustrating. I made the reservation on Thursday. I was not made aware of that I was not making the reservation at the hotel nor was I made aware of that the reservation takes 3 days to reach the hotel??? When I called the hotel that day to ask about the room they told me that they had no reservation for me and that it should be to them by Friday...the day I am checking in. I called Friday afternoon at 4pm and they still did not have the reservation. They gave me an 800 number for ME to call and ask them to email my reservation over to the hotel desk. Now you would think that if a person makes a reservation and they will be checking in the next day that someone would think "hey, maybe we should email this reservation over now instead of waiting our normal 3 days".......

By the time I went thru all of the stress of just making sure that I was actually going to have a room when I checked in, I never did get to make the room request accomodations that I was calling for in the first place. And that is a whole other ordeal. I wanted to make sure that I had an ocean view front room that was the 2 bedroom that I paid for that they show on the website. Well, I got an ocean view front room but nobody bothered to tell me that it was a block away from the beach. The website is so deceptive. It shows the hotel and it shows the beach...like you are actually staying right on the beach. I wanted to be able to hear the ocean waves and you couldn't hear them at all. On the most part all you could hear were the kids screaming in the pool.

Then after we had checked in late Friday night, first thing Saturday morning we are both awakened by a leaf blower or some other loud abnoxious mechanical yard tool. Really, on a Saturday morning they find it necessary to wake up their guests to that? And the beautiful little pond that they show going thru the hotel was under construction. Quite an eye sore.

Then, our dvd player did not work. I called Saturday night when we couldn't watch a movie and was told that someone would bring another one up to me within 30 minutes. We waited and no one ever came. On the way back from the beach the next day, I stopped in the front office and asked them about the dvd player and about staying 1 more day. Talk about poor customer service. I wanted to stay 1 more day only because they would not let me have a late check-out. Check-out is at 10am and if you go 1 hour past that they will charge you $100.00 per hour??? I figured if I pay for an extra day I could leave about 5 and still have time to make it home and be at work the next day. They gave me an 800 number and told me I'd have to call in the morning because they are not open on Sundays...kind of defeats the purpose now doesn't it. And why can't the people working in the front office help you in anyway with reservations. About the dvd player, I was told I should of asked them earlier because they only have 2 of them at the front desk and it is really hard for them to get away and I never received a dvd player. If they don't make reservations and they can't help you with anything if you have a problem, then just what are they getting paid to do?????

This was the first vacation in 2 years that I actually had the time and was able to afford to go somewhere. I am really, really disappointed that I choose to stay at Wyndham Sea Gardens.

More about Wyndham Sea Gardens

Things to bring for your stay at Sea Gardens

We visited my inlaws, "owners" of a week of a high ammenity unit in the tower...The check-in was very delayed..over two hours after the appointed 4 pm check in time...service recovery was attempted and somewhat successful with 8 free drink chits for he four of us.....the staff was pleasent but hampered by "the Fairfield decisions" after the hurricane. The recovery from the last hurricane season was reasonable the pools were just operational and the gardens rehabilitated reasonably well....a most exasperating part of the experience was to find that "since the hurricaine" if you require more supplies including of all things toilet paper..(the rolls in the unit were nearly empty on check in and there was one replacement roll for 7 days for four people) you were required to "supply it yourself" Perhaps I am too critical but this is ridiculous....disappointing at most.... so if you intend to stay a few days..come prepared!

Stress Free at Ocean Palms & Sea Gradens beach and Tennis Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Ciboney1026

Fairfield Ocean Palms is a great resort. However, when I arrived at the resort, I thought that I had made a mistake. At first sight, it looked like a motel from the ‘60s. After driving 13 hours, I wanted to cry. When I went into the lobby, my initial opinion quickly changed. The lobby was nice, and the staff was great – check-in went really fast. The Ocean Palms is across the street from the beach. The RCI 5992 Ocean Palms and the 2890 Sea Gardens Beach and Tennis Resort are located at the same address. The Ocean Palms sits in the back of the property, 9 or 10 stories high, with views of the pools, waterways, or the ocean. Sea Gardens villas are located throughout the property, and some are oceanfront!
Our room was a two-bedroom, two-bathroom villa on the fourth floor with a view of the pool. We also had direct access to the sun deck from our balcony. I would have liked a closed-in balcony, but two of the villas on the fourth-floor balcony lead directly to the sun deck.

There are 4 pool at this resort and two or more hot tubs. They also had a tiki bar and room service. The resort grounds are beautiful.

The resort has tours to South Beach, Key West, boat tours of Mansions, as well as deep sea fishing trips. Almost anything you want to do they can help you arrange it. The resort also has 2 party nights. However, I do think that they get that wild. This is a resort that you can relax and unwind. If you want to party hard South Beach is close by.

I loved our villa. It did not look anything like the picture in the book or the website. Which turn out to be a blessing. They are completely remodeling all the rooms at both resorts. They are very, very nice. I highly recommend this resort to everyone.

We loved our week stay

I cannot say enough about the Sea Gardens. It was perfect for our family. I only wish the ocean were not across the street, although you can rent studio apartments right on the beach, but for a family of six it wouldn't do. Our room was clean. We were at the end of the hotel on the third floor. Palm branches were right in the side of our balcony, so it felt very tropical. We saw a fairly large iguana walking through the beautiful gardens. Our room was colorful and tropical. A nice place for a family to stay.

Going back again in September

My girlfriend and I have been there twice and are going back in about a week. Unfortunatly we can only stay 3 days. Twice we've stayed in one bedrooms by the main pool and this time in a studio on the beach. One of the nicest landscaped resorts in Florida and our units were large enough and mostly redone. Also had jacuzzi tubs in the bath. By accident on our first visit we broke a glass coffee table top and reported it to the staff. They replaced it in a few hours without any charge. Don't know how that happened but glad it did. We play shuffleboard, do the activity "learn how to make frozen drinks" at the tiki bar, and spend a few hours in the warm, clear ocean. Being from Orlando, Sea Gardens is not too far when we get the time to relax. Looking forward to many more visits.

watch out for the tiles

by TripAdvisor Member Bobjanemaggie

Stayed for 2 nites Oct 3 and 4. We stayed in the tower hotel nearest the intercoastal. Nice enough, but I feel I have to alert the reader to take extreme caution when leaving the shower. There are rough grade tiles in the shower and then no separation between them and the outside of the shower where the tiles are smooth. I'm fairly agile for 50 and I went slipping and sliding across the floor, could have been pretty hurt but was able to grab on a wall and stop from falling. The front desk are very helpful, at 5 a.m. they allowed me to use their printer to print out my boarding passes for the days flight. Pool by the tower were always in the shade, pity, can't catch a tan in the shade. The "garden pool" is decent as can be, considering a rectangle pool in a garden area. The guests are a mix of timeshare owners and overniters like myself. Mostly older people with the 10 year old thrown in, maybe the grandchildren visiting. Weather was horribled , thanks to Tammy. I quess it is nice enough to stay there and if you'd like an Italian dinner, highly recommend La Verandah on Atlantic, less than 1 mile away.

Great Place

We bought a timeshare here this year and we were thoroughly impressed. Our friends own three weeks here so we went of their recommendations. The rooms are great, service is great and the atmosphere is really laid back. These are timeshares not hotels so there will be NO room service to take your trash that you leave in the hallway like other people have thought. In fact there are closets in the hallway marked trash rooms, not sure how you can miss them?!?! You can cook lunch and dinner on one the grills provided next to the tiki bar. The tiki bar is usually open pretty late except for the times that the one lazy bartender is working and he decides to leave at 8:00pm when the party is just getting started. We'll be back next year and hopefully every year after that!

They should have changed the name of the resort.

They should have changed the name of the resort. Tennis courts destroyed by October hurricane are still not restored. Beach is two blocks from the major hotels. Not too much of the Garden either. Also worth mentioning is not too helpful hotel staff and a large cockroach in our room.

Recommended Highly

by TripAdvisor Member Mlakeelmo

Stayed in the South Waterfalls sections Feb 25th - March 4. Had no issues whatsoever. Found the A/B unit I had to be very spacious, with updated kitchen and very nicely decorated. Carpet was worn and in need of cleaning in BR, but overall very, very nice. Had W/D in unit. Supplied with most day to day to items and even a mini welcome pkg upon arrival.
We got in Friday @ 2 am, and stopped by resort to see about early check in. The front desk with Maurice was very helpful and found us a room to stay in until ours was ready Saturday. Charged us about 25% less than normal rate.
Although facilities and surrounding areas still have some Hurricane damage, we found nothing to negatively impact our stay. I would say the Cabana Rooms would be less desirable and the Key West portion is across the street from main area. The Palms area is a 10 story area that would give ocean views on the upper floors. I think we stayed in the most desirable area at the Waterfalls Section. Beautiful, well kept gardens were the view from our Balcony and the main Pool we used often was heated nicely. The 2 Jacuzzis were lukewarm at best, but not sure if that was a temporary condition,
Overall, very nice stay....and although the Resort looks a bit plain from the street, was very comfortable and had a far different feel in and around our Rooms.
Would definitely go back again.

Amazing resort!

My friends and I decided to stay at this resort at the last minute for Spring Break March 11-17. We didn't know what to expect, but we ended up being very happy. We got a great deal on our place and stayed in the highest building-don't remember the name, but on the 8th floor-we had a view of the ocean and intracoastal waterway. We had a master BR-with jacuzzi bath, and own bathroom, and another bedroom with 2 double/full beds and 2nd bathroom. Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and we also had a washer/dryer with a couple free boxes of detergent. There was a TV in every room as well, which was convenient. There were a few other spring break groups there at the same time, but for the most part I would say this isn't a typical spring break, college-age location. There were 3 outdoor pools (one oceanfront), 2 outdoor jacuzzis, and a very short walk to the beach (you had to cross the street, but it wasn't too busy). There is also a tiki bar by the big "cabana pool." This is where a lot of activities were held, and the cabana pool was the place to be because of the comfy cushions on the lounge chairs! The garden outside and by the pools was so beautiful. Some of the activities that happened during our week were a mardi gras dinner/show, "learn to make drinks" classes where you also got to sample the drinks, bingo, shuffleboard contest, scavenger hunt and other events for kids, trivia games, water aerobics in the mornings, just to name a few. When we arrived we got a booklet with the week's events in it and different things to do outside the resort. There's an onsite place where you can get jet skis and stuff like that and you get a discount as well. We didn't take advantage of it, but it might be appealing to some. This place, in my opinion seems secure because you couldn't get back into our building without swiping the key card-from the parking garage and from outside. I hope this was detailed and informative enough. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, and would love to go back, so hopefully this post will encourage others to stay here too.

A Wonderful Inexpensive Family Resort

by TripAdvisor Member gypsy2004

Our family of 5 enjoyed a wonderful week at this resort in August 2006. I would rate our experience as excellent if I didn't compare it to much more expensive resorts that offer anything imaginable. This is a family friendly resort that has several pools and scheduled activities every day for all residents to enjoy. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The ocean is either in front of you or across the street depending on where you are staying. There is a game room and a place to get drinks by the pool. There are also games such as shuffle board for you to enjoy. You will need to travel at least a mile to dine out because there is not a good place to eat at the resort. Guests must also share one computer that is provided for free internet access. It costs about $40-50 each way to get a cab from the airport to the resort. The resort is relaxing and family friendly. If you are a college student who plans to party during spring break, this is not the place for you. The weather in August was not too hot and the pools kept us cool. Afternoon rains come and go but the sun is usually out most of the time. Hurricane damage has destroyed the tennis courts and one of the near by resorts affiliated with this company. They have done a fine job in restoring the resort but it still may take a year or two to get trees back and all of the facilities running. This was a great place for our family to spend our vacation. I highly recommend it to those who want a beach vacation that is not too expensive and offers many activities to their guests. There are also several things available in the area for a fee. Wannadu City is a favorite for young children and Boomers is good for older kids. Fishing, snorkeling, scuba diving and other activites are available for people of all ages. We really liked this resort. I hope this information was helpful.

Comments