1000 Pga Tour Blvd
Marriott.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Marriott Sawgrass

First Class Resort Hotel - All the Way

by TripAdvisor Member DocfromAtlanta

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott Sawgrass hotel from June 21-25 to attend a medical conference. At first, I was a bit annoyed when one of the group sales managers contacted me to inform me that the hotel was overbooked and asked if I would be willing to move to the Hilton Garden Inn hotel for two nights (paid by Marriott) and then switch back to the Marriott on the 3rd, 4th and 5th days. "How far is the Hilton from the Marriott," I asked. "About 20 seconds," replied the manager. The offer was further sweetened by offering $100 in Marriott credit, to be used in any way I desired. Deal.

Although we stayed at the Hilton for two nights (a nice little hotel, but not in the same league as the sprawling Marriott complex), we used the conference facilities for the medical seminar for two days and were given pool privileges, etc. at the Marriott. When we checked into the Marriott, we were delighted to discover that the manager had upgraded us to a suite, overlooking the beautiful lake and rear view of the complex.

My wife and I have stayed at many resorts and hotels throughout the world and could really find nothing wrong with the Marriott Sawgrass or its staff. Our room was beautifully appointed, had a large bathroom, large sitting area with desk. The only thing I found a bit odd was to have a balcony that extended maybe two feet from the sliding glass doors. You could stand on it, but not sit on it and enjoy the view. However, with such a scenic resort, who wants to sit on the balcony all day.

We did not use the spa facilities, but others at the conference did and said it was wonderful. We ate at most of the onsite restaurants and found the service excellent and meals very tastefully prepared. Fabricio from Argentina, the maitre d at the Italian restaurant, was a delight. He personally greeted us each day and we got to improve our Spanish while he boned up on his English. Freddie from Morroco was our waiter, as we personally requested him for each meal. Excellent service and delightful person.

A special kudos to the greeters, bellman and car parkers, especially Shawn. I jokingly remarked, upon check in, that the lakes around the complex looked like they would be full of fish. Shawn said they were. I told him it was a shame that one could not fish, assuming that such a swanky place would not permit guests to wet a line. Shawn informed me that I could, in fact, fish and went to his car to loan me his rod, reel and tackle box - no strings attached. This is what you can expect, in general, from the staff at the Marriott. Everyone greets you with a smile. If there is a problem, they don't make excuses, they fix it.

We did use the shuttle to the Marriott's property on the beach, offering a nice poo, beach and several casual restaurants.

The Marriott has two pools, a children's pool and an adult pool. Although in close proximity, the landscaping is such that all children's screaming, etc. is buffered. We love children, but not when they are left unattended and are running around the pool screaming and splashing guests who are trying to relax and read a book. Not the case here, as children stay in the pool geared to the families on vacation.

I would not hesitate to stay there again and will probably do so the next time a medical conference schedules this fine resort.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Worldwideangling@aol.com

Gary and Susan from Atlanta

Not bad but needs some improvements and updating

by TripAdvisor Member musikmanSherwood_Wi

I recently stayed at the hotel. I found the staff to be friendly and efficient. The hotel could use some serious updating. Even though Marriott's new bedding is really very good, the rooms could use new carpet and paint. The restaurants are good, even better than most for this type of resort. Plus there are many quality restaurants nearby. Overall this is a very nice property.

The golf courses, especially the TPC course, were good. The TPC course among the best I've played anywhere.

Lovely hotel, but not a 'luxury' hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BuffaloNYTraveler

We enjoyed our long July 4th weekend here. It is an old property, and parts of the lobby and the outside reflect this. But the rooms were lovely, well-appointed, and clean. The bed and bedding comfortable and crispy clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were magnificent and well maintained. Their website is deceiving when it claims to have "...miles of prestine beaches". What it doesn't tell you is that you have to take a shuttle to get there or to the golf courses. We never had a problem catching the shuttle and were lucky to get on when they came around, but every time we did, there were other people who were stuck waiting for the next one to come along. I have stayed at many "luxury" hotels, but because they added on a spa recently does not make it "luxury". It is missing some of the small, finer amenities to make it such. Take or buy bottled water if you want to take advantage of the in-room coffee maker. Their faucet water has an unusual smell. The walls are thin, we could hear the bell from the elevator, which our room was next to, every time it came on the floor. Also could hear a lot of partying going on around us and children running around in the room above. The Cabana Club, where you go to access the beach, is rather plain. Looks like a high school swimming pool, but outdoors. We ate at several restaurants on the property and the food was very good. The cab ride from the airport is around 30 minutes and cost us $60, so be prepared. All things considered, it was a nice place to stay.

Comments