1000 Pga Tour Blvd
Marriott.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Marriott At Sawgrass

Safe Choice

by TripAdvisor Member Butchhall

The recent reviews seem to be "right-on". This is a large resort property that caters to the convention/golf crowd, but works for families and visitors to the area for other reasons. Very attractive landscaping. Since this is an upscale property, not much in the way of inexpensive food and drink options. We opted for upgrading to a "villa", but this might not be the best decision, depending. The "villas" appear to be privately owned units in out-buildings, and I suspect the quality of furnishings is likely to be different in each unit. Ours was a little tired, but clean and very comfortable. The bedding was fantastic, some of the best we have experienced. We just did not need the extra room and kitchen the villas provide. If with children or an extended stay, perhaps the villas would be a good choice. Good shuttle service provided by the hotel. Good staff, no issues.

Absolutely Gourgeous!

by TripAdvisor Member UPMiGal

For my husband, this was a business trip. For me, it was pure pleasure! The staff was friendly and very helpful with any questions. The room was great and the grounds were beautiful. For those of you that golf - I can't help you, but those of you interested in the Spa my advise is you must go there!

Not a luxury hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member radleyas

My husband and I stayed at the Sawgrass expecting luxury. We were very disappointed! Our double room was located in a building that was laid out like a cheap apartment. The room itself was nice, but not of the quality one would expect from a location as prestegious as Sawgrass. The room service food was overpriced and VERY salty. The valet parking was overpriced, and the price itself was not disclosed to us until we recieved our bill. Also, although we paid for our room with Marriott points, we were still charged for the price of the room on out credit card. It took two weeks of wrangling with their accounting department to get our money back! That was a nightmare.

As for the resort activites ... blah. The walkways over the ponds were creaky and unstable. The many gazebos throughout the complex were dirty and covered with cobwebs. One gazebo near the putting green had a plastic cup, half filled with water and cigarette butts. Nasty! As for the putting green, VERY poorly maintained. There were no trails, so we had to walk through mulch and bugs to get to each putting green. The greens themselves we covered in mulch, leave and bugs. This made them nearly impossible to use.

I was so unimpressed. I will NEVER stay at this hotel ever again. Just vile!!

Comments