Turtle Beach Inn

140 Painted Pony Rd., , Port Saint Joe, Florida 32

• doug91's Profile Photo

Our favorite North Florida getaway

My wife and I first came here on our honeymoon, and our annual trips there are our anniversary presents to one another (until we have kids, which aren't allowed...). The property is on a gorgeous, sparsely populated (for the area) stretch of beach. The owners make a great breakfast, which you eat while looking over at the dolphins, pelicans, and waves on the beach below. The bedrooms and bathrooms are very comfortable -- we stay in Room #4 for the views and the big tub. They'll loan you beach gear like chairs and umbrellas, and they've got kayaks, but I'm not sure if those are loaners or rentals (we bring our own). They're also a certified Florida Green Lodge, so I guess that they do eco-friendly stuff as well. Highly recommended for a luxurious getaway. Nature buffs should be sure to check out nearby St Vincent's Island National Wildlife Refugre; beach buffs should see equally-convenient Cape San Blas State Park for the best beaches in Florida, hands-down.

Unique Quality: Beachfront, Amazing views, Eco-friendly

Directions: From Apalachicola, follow signs to Cape San Blas. Turn left at the Indian Pass sign across from the Raw Bar, and the Inn is straight ahead, just as the road starts to curve toward Indian Pass.

Comments