4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, Florida, 34952, United States

Costs 142% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• miclev21's Profile Photo

All Inclusive and a great place for Families

The club is run very well. Nightly entertainment, great food, wonderful activities and fantastic child care facilities. Your escape from reality.

Unique Quality: All inclusive that makes you feel like you have actually left the US.

Directions: Port St Lucie/Stuart

More about Club Med Sandpiper All Inclusive

Club Med - worth the trip!

The family likes to follow the sun; as it is winter now in Brazil, we decided to travel to Florida and the children (ages 11 and 13) wanted a place with sun, other tweens and teens and with planned activities and in the US. Club Med Sandpiper was the choice and the whole family enjoyed the 9 days we spent there. The rooms were fine, the food wonderful, the facilities excellent, the GOs friendly and close by you have a mall, movies and everything else you need. Only thing we found missing were structured "junior" activities; there should be a "space" where teens can hang out without the younger children and without their parents. Even though it is far away, we have plans to return to Club Med Sandpiper!

Great family vacation!

We chose Club Med Sandpiper after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. We couldn't have picked a better spot for our first family vacation. Our kids ages 6, 7 had a ball. I can't say enough about the children's programs and especially the G.O.'s. They were energetic, outgoing and very well trained.

We had a marina suite, so the kids had their own room connected to ours. It made them feel very independent and they enjoyed raiding the mini-frige in our room to stock theirs!

The food buffet is good, varied and plentiful. I wouldn't call it gormet. If you're looking for that type of dining experience, this probably isn't the place.

The kids shows at night were great- very funny and entertaining. The shows were the most memorable part of our stay. We also met a lot of great families. All-in-all it was an A-1 trip. We can't wait to go back next year.

Great Vacation

It was the best vacation I ever went on! I met a lot of new people and so much fun going waterskiing, tubing, swimming, rollerblading, basketball, and the best part was the trapeze! I really liked being in the circus show! I felt like I was active the whole week nonstop! The have really good food too! You can have healthy food or some not healthy food. Even though I did have a lot of their white chocolate cookies (mmmmm), I lost 5 pounds on this vacation without even trying to! Staff is great and always energetic! I had the best time at club med and we are going back this year!
My only problem is that I only got to go on the trapeze 2 times out of the 7 days I was there.

CLUB MED RULES!

Good Family Resort

by TripAdvisor Member purplelily

3 nights, August 2004
This was my third visit to a Club Med; my second attempt at travel with kids (Carnival cruise before); and we have cruised or vacationed as a couple at other all-inclusives at least 10 times. We choose this resort because it is one of the very few in the world that will care for infants. We traveled with another family of five, so we experienced the activities for almost every age: 5 mos, 3 , 7, 9, and 13. The infant room was great: child/teacher ratio was about 3-4 to one, clean and ample space, with very caring GOs. The 2-3 year old room was my least favorite. WAY too many kids this age for the space and number of GOs. The room was small and sparcely stocked, and the scheduled activities were more suited for the 2 year olds. Our 9 year old checked in and out of his group (more out) since the large group size meant long waits for 1 short turn at each activity. The schedule of activities is varied, but with only a few hours per day allotted for each age group (including adults) to use an area, you can do the math on how many turns you get. Overall, I think the problem was that the resort was FULL. It rained every day we were there (4), for a couple of hours or up to 6-7 hours. The rooms are huge with plenty of beds and pillows. The white tile floors show everything, so you notice when they are not spotless. Our bathroom and closet had ants. The public areas and pools show their age a bit, but there are nice spots, too. The landscaping and river views are pretty, and there is a quiet adult pool area and deck near the river. The river water is brown; no one bothers with the river "beach". The dining room is a bustle with kids; food is plentiful and varied, but expect buffet quality. The great thing is you can please EVERYONE with the food choices: from hot dogs and pizza to escargot or octopus salad. The bread is fantastic. The bartenders were the least outgoing of the GOs (unusual for a resort); kids are allowed at the bar (which they loved) where they can order "Sonic-like" slushes. Unfortunately, these same slushes with alcohol added are what they use for the adult frozen drinks. (No real fruit or blenders here.) The nightly shows were nice. Overall, I would maybe give this resort another try during the off-season.

Sing it Jack

Had a fantastic time even though we were traveling with another couple and the resort is very family oriented. Still managed to enjoy the GO's, the entertainment with group TNT, and Jack soloist!
Only negative was the very limited separate dining area which you had to sign up for only to find the list filled within 15 minutes.
Have been to other Club Med's and would return to this one if the limited dining area was addressed.

Loved the White Chocolate Bread

by TripAdvisor Member michiganjeff

We arrived in Port St. Lucie one day after Hurricane Charley hit our hotel in Orlando. We were extremely tired and greeted very friendfully by check in staff. We had never been to Club Med before and weren't sure what to expect. The rooms were quite spacious and we had an adjacent room next door for the children. I enjoyed the pool facilities and the all inclusive nature of the property. Great value for the money spent. The entertainment was cute and entertaining and the GO's really go out of the way to make the kids have a great time. FOOD was plentiful and good. YOU MUST TRY THE WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD. I must admit that having buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner grew old after about the 5th day. Bar staff was quite friendly as well. The only complaint I could find was that the cleaning staff wasn't that efficient. I enjoyed being with other families but have found that there were a TREMENDOUS amount of really young children. My boys are 13 and 10. Many of the shows at night are really geared for the younger set. We enjoyed ourselves a great deal and feel that we relaxed much more than being on a cruise ship. I will return to Club Med, but probably to a different facility at a time other than summer vacation. Hope this helps. If anyone desires additional information, I will be glad to assist.

Jeff From Michigan

Very relaxing stay..helpful staff...excellent food.

While traveling i had the opportunity to stay at this resort.I enjoyed it and had a very relaxing stay.The food was very good and the staff very helpful.I highly recommend this resort.

Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member jsnart

The rooms were large but dirty. The club did not properly instruct our travel agent about transportation from the airport so we were forced to rent a car. When we arrived at the resort they gave us the wrong size room. After questioning the hotel staff twice about this and being told that it was the correct room our travel agent called the next day and only then did the resort admit that they gave us the wrong room. The furniture in the room was old and the sofas had holes in them. The bathtub was dirty and did not have a shower curtain hung up. The refigerators in the rooms were in poor condition (one did not fully close). The maintenance around the building was poor. Someone left a half cup of beer by the elevator and it stayed there for three days with lots of bugs in it. There were no "do not disturb" signs available for the doors and therefore the housekeeping staff twice came to our room after our 18 month old daughter had fallen asleep and woke her up. The hotel staff were basically incompetent. The heater to the one heated pool was broken for 4 or the 5 days there.

The rest of the staff was very friendly. The GO's were enthusiastic and seemed to enjoy being there. The staff of the kids club were very good and compassionate. The food was varied and good. The activities were quite varied and plentiful.

Overall the vacation was okay but for the money my family and I paid we felt we did not get our money's worth. The place could be a good resort but the age of the buildings and the poor management will prevent me from returning and has soured me on the all-inclusive resorts. Our family has been on cruise's before and the overall experience on the cruise is better and a better bargain for your dollar.

Club Dread

Just got back from a family vacation at Sandpiper. What a disappointment!! Five pools but only one is heated. It was 40 degrees when we were there. They had a pool volleyball game in the unheated pool. How bad is that!! Also no hot tubs. The rooms while large are tired. The lighting is with 10 watt bulbs. No chance of reading under them. The plumbing is ancient. My parents couldn't even figure out how to turn the shower on and the toilets reminded me of my son's elementary school. Our family is very into tennis but some very rude man named Tony hung out at the tennis court and accused my husband of cheating. There is a river that you can boat on but they only allow water skiing and jet skiing in the summer. You could take out a Hobie cat but that was all. It is rather dirty so I don't even think people swim in the summer. The buffet is fine but by day 2 it lost its appeal. At breakfast you have to squeeze your own orange juice. Not that much fun for my 80 year old parents. At night the lights go out on the basketball court by 6pm so the only thing to do is see the shows. I expected a movie theater or some other entertainment. There is one small bar with pool table and video games but you have to pay extra for them. We loved the archery and the pitch and putt golf course. Choose another vacation!!!! This is definately not worth the money.uu

Comments