101 Spooner Road, Quincy, Florida, 32351, United S

IHG Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• mommabean's Profile Photo

Deceptive description at Holiday Inn website

We booked on their mobile website which didn't make the cancellation policy clear. Hotel is self described as "The art of blending modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting has been perfected at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Quincy, Florida." Don't believe it. It's small, nothing special, in the middle of nowhere unless you want to buy gas next door or visit the Hampton Inn, or maybe walk into the overgrown field beside the building. Otherwise you can walk NO where. You can see no place to eat or shop. Where's this supposed premier location? Impeccable serivce? How about being treated like a college student with no less than 4 times being asked if we do..and told that we can't....smoke or have a pet in the room. Give me some respect - PLEASE! Upon preparing to go to our room, our bike lock was jammed on the bike rack on the car. We finally had to give up and informed them we couldn't stay since a thief would have no trouble cutting the lock cable in the parking lot over night. The parking lot was secluded and desserted other than the 2 cars owned by employees. This didn't seem safe for over $1000 worth of bikes we were unable to bring into the room. The website stated there would be a $25 early departure fee. Apparently not even going into the room means we will be charged full price for not cancelling the day before we booked. This is NOT made clear on the MOBILE website. I have been unable to get the hotel manager to respond to my request for a refund nor will they email me a copy of my invoice. Impeccable service? LOL Don't fall for their flat out lies in their on-line description. Oh....I forgot to mention that I booked at the $85 AAA price and the hotel insisted the AAA price was $95. After departing I was able to pull up the $85 price again and emailed it to myself for proof.

Unique Quality: Not really in Quincy but in the middle of nowhere right off I-10. No stores or restaurants are anywhere to be seen. Unresponsive management.

Directions: Secluded off interstate