At Journey's End Bed and Breakfast

89 Cedar Street, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States

More about At Journey's End Bed and Breakfast

Lovely setting for our 5th Anniverssary

This charming B&B made all the difference for our 5th wedding anniversary. Hosts John & Ellen insured that our stay will be among the most memorable. Their knowledge of local activities, hot spots, dinning, and city history really gets you the most out of your experience. Ellen was very helpful in booking local appointments and tours for us. The home is elegantly decorated, extremely clean, and full of character. Breakfast was absolutley delicious. We had quiche on the first day, then the crem brule french toast. I must also mention that the other guests staying there also made the weekend special. We had great conversations over breakfast and out in the front porch common area. If you are looking for a relaxing stay full of charm, romance, and adventure without falling into the common tourists pitfalls, then you must experience At Journey's End... Thank you John & Ellen for making our stay one to write about, Alex & Evelyn

Can't wait to go back!

At Journey's End was our first experience with a B & B. It was everything we had hoped for and more. Ellen and John were super charming, accomodating, and extremely knowledgable about the area. Their recommendations for restaurants and attractions were right on. The rooms were wonderfully decorated and super clean. The food was superb. We can't rave enough! We can't wait to get back to St. Augustine and especially to At Journey's End!

Grandma's House

We loved it here!!!! My boyfriend and I did not have to make plans for anything! If we choose where to eat dinner, Ellen would make the reservation. We had an actual vacation, we did not have to do anything except enjoy ourselves. The Trolley ride option highly recommended. We stayed for 3 days and 2 night and never drove anywhere and saw the whole town. This bed and breakfast is within walking distance to just about everything. The nicest caretakers. It felt as relaxing as Grandma's House.

What a Wonderful B&B

My husband and I don't get very many opportunities to get away due to busy work schedules, but when we do we love to stay at a B&B. This was an exceptional experience for us. Our room was cozy and beautiful and the Innkeepers, Ellen and John were perfect. Every morning we woke up to the smells of coffee brewing and breakfast being prepared, the creme brulee french toast.........awesome!!! Also the home baked sweets left in the evening were perfect. We will definitely return to stay with them again
the first chance we get and highly recommend the Inn to anyone who wants a warm, cozy, comfortable place to stay. The other guests we met there just complimented the whole experience. We regretted having to leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best "home" away from home.

by TripAdvisor Member jeffnami

John & Ellen create an atmosphere that is filled with warmth and friendship...it is truly the best home away from home that you can experience. This was our third stay and will not be the last. Thank you so very much for all you both do. See you next time.

Confused about all the positive reviews - must have stayed somewhere else

by TripAdvisor Member whatusea

Good points - the room was clean and as described although there must have been some very clever photography to make to postage size room appear large.
Arrived a few hours early to celebrate our 29th anniversary and my 60th birthday so we were hoping for something special. We are DEFINATELY not fussy, but this certainly didn't live up to my expectations after reading the other reviews.
Arrived early and the room wasn't ready. It was a 2 hours in the car and my husband had injured his foot a few days earlier playing tennis so unfortunately in a walking town "walking" was a little stressful. We were going to do the trolly tour, but he wanted to use the bathroom before we walked off. Mind you, we dropped $800 for 3 days and were told there were "no PUBLIC facilities" and our gracious hostess told us how far we could go to find a bathroom?????? She said she was formerly some type of PT and told him he probably had a stress fracture from the looks of his foot - then wouldn't even let us use the bathroom that we would be staying in 2 hours later!
These folks are definately not innkeepers. Not sure why they do it. We have stayed in numberous B & B's and find the owners to be most hospitable and friendly. Not so here. The husband served us breakfast the last day and never even said good morning - just slithered in and started cooking. We were directly in his line of vision in the parlor.
The furniture was tired, and the house reminded me of someone's crazy spinster aunt who saved EVERYTHING ever collected and displayed it all. So much "stuff" I had to use the dresser to put her belongings in so I could have a place for my makeup and his shaving kit.
They were never there in the afternoon or evening to greet us and ask about our day. We were the only guests there and I felt very wierd - almost like we were imposing. I would have left after day one, but knew we would have been out big bucks so we stuck it out.
Second day I tried to dry my hair in an opened unused bathroom becuase my husband was shaving in ours, and was serverely chastised "You will get hair all over". My hair is maybe 3 or 4 incles long and I DON'T SHED. I did leave the bathroom, but to add insult to injury, she then locked the door like she didn't trust me! Not very warm and welcoming!
They arranged a carriage ride and ghost tour. Don't bother. They must get a cut and you can do much better on your own.
It is way off the beaten path and the view is of a parking lot and dilapidated building. My suggestion, try someonthing "in town" or on the water. This is not one I would recommend. Perhaps a little friendly discourse and making us feel welcome, maybe some chit chat, etc., would have improved things. I am only giving it a 3 because in all fairness, it was clean and they did do what they promised, but definately a rip off and you can certainly do better. My guess is they haven't been innkeepers long and should probalby move on to another line of work. Neither one had the temperment to welcome people into their home.

Great Experience!

This was our first stay at a B&B. We loved it. We felt right at home. Ellen and John made us feel very comfortable. The inn is clean and pleasant. Breakfast was delicious. We highly recommend this B&B.

Best B&B I have ever stayed in!

by TripAdvisor Member JP1976

I just returned from a trip to St Augustine with my Wife after celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. All I have to say is, Ellen and John: Thanks for a wonderful stay. You guys made our weekend very special. Of all the things we will remember of this trip, you guys will be the biggest in our minds.

I had not planed anything at all and at the last minute decided to go to St Augustine for the weekend. After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to stay at the " At Journey's End" for our stay. I'm so glad we did. It was by far the best B&B I have stayed in, including B&Bs in Rome and Paris. I truly felt like I was at home. The inn was a very carefully restored house decorated in the Victorian style. It was in really good shape, immaculately clean, never cluttered and always well kept. I didn't see dirty dishes or trash anywhere. The Inn is in an excellent location, right next to the Lighteners museum, really close to everything you need to be, plus there is a "shortcut" to the Flagler museum. It is very easy to get to and get out of by car. But the best feature of the Inn is the Inn keepers. They were the most warm, funny and helpful inn keepers I have ever had. The first thing they did when we arrived was to take a map of the attractions and cross out all the tourist traps and recommend the best restaurants. And they were right! Ellen and John alone will make your trip worth while. Please read on if you want to know more, but you cannot go wrong with this Inn. I highly recommended and don’t understand why anyone would leave a bad review of this place.

THE SERVICE: This was the best part of the Inn. John and Ellen are wonderful people. They will make all your arrangements for you. When we got there they immediately made reservations for me and my wife to eat, front stage, at the Havana Village Cafe. They were always friendly and always asking us how they could make our stay better. They offered tips on where to go, what to do and where to eat. We even sat with them, some of their family members and some of their friends to celebrate the 4th of July outside in the balcony by drinking wine, beer and blowing up some fire works. It was great and we had a lot of fun. We felt like we were at home. Definitely the best Inn Keepers we have had. They even offered to keep our chocolates in their fridge the last day we were there so they would not melt!

THE RESERVATION: I reserved the room online, around 9:00pm the night before our arrival. The reservation process was simple and very convenient. It even lets you order special occasion gifts with the click of a button. Being our anniversary I order the Anniversary package. The website said it included a bottle of champagne, chocolates and flowers. The next morning the inn keeper Ellen, called my wife and without ruining the surprise, asked her to hand over the phone to me. She then told me all was set. When we arrived I was very surprised to see that for $65.00 I got a Large bottle of excellent champagne, two glasses (for us to keep) arranged in a very nice basket ( also for us to keep), a large box of hand made! Chocolates of the likes I saw in Paris, and a beautiful fresh cut flower arrangement in a very nice blue vase that we also got to keep. Needless to say my wife was thrilled and Ellen made me look like a HERO!. All with the click of the mouse and Ellen and John took care of the rest.

THE INN: The Inn is a restored Victorian house located right off King Street, close to the post office and the Flagler complex. IT has several rooms decorated in different themes like China, Victorian, Safari, Egypt, Key West . The rooms are exactly as described in the website. The bottom floor has as living room with very nice furniture and a large dining room where we had breakfast every morning. Breakfast was prepared by Ellen and John and it was fantastic, from eggs Florentine to a sweet sort of pastry that I can't remember the name of. Everything was cooked fresh and it was always started with fresh fruit and yogurt. Beer, wine, water and sodas are always available throughout the day and are FREE. There is a balcony with rocking chairs and a swing where one can relax if one so chooses to do so. The inn also has free parking in the back were your car is not exposed to the street. The water in the whole hotel is filter and softened and even the ice is made from filter water! The whole house has central air, kept at a very nice cool temperature. It is hot in St. Augustine in the summer and AC is a must!

THE ROOMS: Our room was the Victorian room and it was wonderful. It was big and very comfortable. Mind you is the smallest room in the house. IT had its own bathroom and ceiling fan. The room was super clean and well organized. It also had a TV. The bath room had a nice shower with a water filter! WE TOOK A TOUR OF THE OTHER ROOMS AND THEY WERE HUGE! The safari room was very nice with a Jacuzzi and access to the top balcony. We will definitely have to try the other rooms at some other time.

THE LOCATION: The Inn is very well located, away from the crowds but within steps of all the attractions. It sits on a quiet one way street right off the Flagler complex. It took us lest than five minutes to reach Flagler college, St. George street or the Cathedral. Very well located indeed. It is very easy to get to from King Street and easy to get out of if you find the need to drive. There are 4 other Inns in the same st. so there is no shortage of people to mingle with if you felt the need.

The truth of the matter is that the "At Journey's End Bed and Breakfast" was a great place to stay. I strongly recommended and I guarantee that even if you don't like St Augustine, you will have a ball with Ellen and John! We loved It!!!!

MAGIC WEEKEND

This was our first time at a B&B. It was awesome. The owners are so sweet and made our anniversery very special. The special attention is a nice change from a big hotel. We
will be going back as soon as we can get away again.

Great experience

We had a wonderful time. This B&B was recommended to us and exceeded expectations.
Ellen and John were terrific Hosts. We will stay there again.

RaintreeRaintree

Grace United Methodist ChurchGrace United Methodist Church

gypsy cab co.gypsy cab co.

just a few of the taps at JP Henleysjust a few of the taps at JP Henleys