142 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Bayfront Marin House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Right next door to the Wescott in another House that is great

by TripAdvisor Member Dyer

The Bayfront Marin House at 142 Avenida Menendez St. is not listed in the B&B's on this sight. (It is not the Bayfront House or whatever is listed here - see different address). This House is the sister house to the Wescott House - right next door, facing the bay also. It is a lovely home and breakfast is served inside, on the porch or at the gazebo (where we chose to eat the 20th and 21st of April and it was warm enough to do so). There is wine and cheese and a dessert served after 5 or 6p.m. We loved our Fransisco Marin Room toward the back (our car was parked on the st. very near to our room but we never moved it the 48 hrs. we were there). The horse drawn carriages "clunk" by our bedroom windows and the sound was enjoyed by us. My 23 yr. old daughter and I felt safe walking back to our House from either the front or back streets. Great place to stay, lodging pretty reasonable compared to many B&B's. We had a fireplace near our bed and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Terry cloth robes and slippers laid out for us. I will be back.

Beautiful Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member HClay

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our 1-year anniversary. We stayed at the Bayfront Marin House Inn, bed and breakfast, in St. Augustine. The location is fabulous, within walking distance to all of historic, downtown St. Augustine, only a short drive over the bridge to the beaches and all that goes on at Anastasia Island. We loved it. Our room, the Bridge of Lions suite, was wonderful with a great view of the bridge and the bay. The breakfast and afternoon happy hour with dessert is truly a treat and really makes the stay. We met some other great couples while staying there and enjoyed having our own private little paradise while still being so close to so many things to do in historic St. Augustine.

Would recommend for any couple, young or old.

Absolutely Wonderful and Unforgettable!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SKNIC

My girlfriend had always wanted to stay at a bed & breakfast and she loves St Augustine so after a lot of internet research I chose the Bayfront Marin House for a romantic weekend and a place to propose. It turned out to be the most romantic trip we have taken and we will never forget it!

Everything was arranged over the phone and through email, and the staff was extremely helpful and accomodating throughout the entire experience. I think I changed my reservation a total of 4 times and not once was there any hesitation or annoyance on their part. We had a last minute unexpected problem come up and had to bring our dog with us on the trip, and with a simple phone call they booked us a pet friendly room. I have to be honest, I was very hesitant and worried about what the room would look like since I was already on the road and not able to see any of the internet photos. I was also worried because I wanted everything to be perfect since I was going to be proposing. Once we arrived all the worries were gone, our room was absolutely beautiful! They had roses in a vase sat out with a note I had asked to be included, and they even sat out rose petals along the jacuzzi! It was the nicest touch, and my fiance loved it :) The Bayfront Marin and Westcott houses are right on the bay so the views are gorgeous. The atmosphere is so calm and relaxing, and everyone we dealt with was very friendly. They even have a happy hour with wine and beer, as well as homemade desert! We sat on one of the upper patios overlooking the bay, it was amazing. I had arranged for a horse & carriage ride later in the night in which I would propose, and the Marin House even handled arranging the proposal with the carriage company, I cannot stress enough how amazing and helpful they were. Needless to say, I am now engaged and our night was unforgetable! We loved the Bayfront Marin House so much that we decided we are going to get married and have our honeymoon at the Bayfront House!!! Well, it 's actually going to be at the Westcott house, we got a room with 2 private balconies and we are going to get married on one of them overlooking the bay. And it will be a very small wedding, just my fiance & I, so we couldn't think of a more romantic and affordable place. Oh and the breakfast was great too, you get the option to choose where you want to eat and when! I think the choices were breakfast in bed, on the patios, the courtyard, gazebo, or balconies. We chose to eat in the courtyard & it was one of the most beautiful and relaxing mornings I have ever had. You could even see dolphins in the bay!!! If you are ever in St Augustine I HIGHLY recommened spending at least a night at either the Bayfront Marin or Westcott House, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!

My Wedding At The Best Bed And Breakfast Ever!

by TripAdvisor Member oliviadseda

My husband and I were looking for a beautiful, quiet, romantic place to get married and after searfching thorogugly through as many bed and breadfast spots in st augustine as we could find and browsing though their wedding packages, Bay Front Marin was the Best! I fell in love with the Inn as soon as I saw the website!

The Inn Keeper kept in great contact with me, and any questions I asked, she emailed back right away. I thought I emailed too much and asked too many questions, but she always emailed and answered all of my questions right away. She kept in great communication. Communication is the most important thing to me and helps me make my final descion.

The pictures on the website were just perfect and described the inn perfectly. The inn was exquisite. We stayed in the Lyndsey-Michelle Room #16. It was beautiful and roomy!

We got married in the gazebo. It rained Which is why we were glad we picked the Lyndsey-Michelle Room because we spent allot fo unexpectetd ttime in the room with the photographer and videographer and my family. But there was plenty room. The extra sitting room is perfect if you plan on having guests.

In the morning, we enjoyed a beautiful breakfast in the gazebo and afterwards we went on a bike ride around the old city with the bikes the house provided for us. The inn keepers at bayfront Marin House made our whole wedding and honeymoon experience the best! They were very hospitable and courteous.

I cannot wait to stay there again. We are thinking for our anniversary, and maybe every anniversary after that!

comfortable stay

by TripAdvisor Member El_Timon

We stayed in the Bridge of Lions room - fine big comfortable room with a jacuzzi bath in the bedroom - curious but nice. Bay window - nice. Our bathroom had a proper door unlike some other comments. parking either outside in street if space or not too far away in a lot. Nice first floor verandah with comfy chairs. Didn't avail of evening snacks but it was nice to have a complimentary beer/glass of wine before heading out to dinner. Breakfast was okay. I was looking forward to eggs benedict as suggested by the website but there was just one hot entree each of 2 mornings with no choice - tasty french toast first morning and quiche the second. Inn is convenient to everything. Would recommend.

Bad Choice!! Don't do it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member EmmKrause

My husband and I only were able to get away for 2 days for our first year anniversary. We decided to head to St. Augustine since it was only about an hour away. I looked up hotels and bed and breakfasts and the ONE thing I wanted was a garden/jacuzzi tub.
We got there and the room was smaller than the picture, but i expected that. It was DIRTY!! It was so gross. There were dead roaches on the floor, hair all over the bathroom wall. And to make
our stay worse, when I filled up the garden tub, turn the jets on, dead roaches came out of the jets!!! I wanted to scream. In the morning when we checked out, we told the manager about the problems. She was very rude and said that there was nothing she could do about it. I told her that I was willing to pay half, because that is all it's worth. She said she could take off the 20 dollars extra we paid to have breakfast in our room. We left very annoyed. On our way home, she had called and left a message on my cell phone apologizing for the bad stay we had and said that the owner agreed to give us our money back. Well, we emailed and called and it's now been 2 months and we have not heard from them at all.

I'm glad we celebrated at home on our actual anniversary. The stay here was just horrible. The people were'nt that great either and they lie.

FABULOUS!!

by TripAdvisor Member France_11

I was surprised to read some bad reviews about this B&B. We loved it...the best B&B we've stayed in Florida. We stayed in the Francisco Marin Room which is probably the oldest room there. We were worried that perhaps it would smell musty and would be damp. It was VERY CLEAN...nice size bathroom and the jacuuzi was great. They supplied everything from scented candles to air freshner and wonderful bathrobes. Everything smelled clean. The staff were all very friendly. The first morning we ordered our breakfast to be served on the Gazebo. They served it exactly on time. Egg casserole has never been my favorite...but this was out of this world delicious. The second breakfast was French Toast...also unbelievably delicious along with the coffee, orange juice, fruit , croussant and anything you wanted to order. The chef there is great. The wait staff that served the breakfast were friendly and very attentive. Eating in the Gazebo with the water view and good food was the best. I just can't say enough good things about this place. We didn't want to leave. We can't wait to go back!!

Take the leap from big hotels!

by TripAdvisor Member HotelHo

I'd never stayed at an inn before and had trepidation about the business of it - would I get what I paid for? what if I didn't - without a national name to uphold, would customer service be as good?

I don't know about other Inns, but the Bayfront Marin is a wonderfully professional establishment, with customer service and satisfaction as #1. Given my experience, I find the few negative reviews here a bit hard to believe, but if you have doubts, call the front desk and ask them anything you want to about your potential stay. You'll be as impressed as I was!

Great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member dangerousbetty

Found the Inn on-line. The pics were a big help to choose the room. They are acurate. The room was lovely and clean. The little "Happy Hour" they have has wine and dessert. Very nice. The only gripe would be our room (#7) is adjacent to the ice machine. So if you want to sleep late - be aware it makes a lot of noise around 8 in the morning. It was ok for us because we were just getting up. But it could be distracting. But the Inn gets the big thumbs up!

could've been better

by TripAdvisor Member wrc552

Our room, the Francisco Marin room at the Bay Front Marin was pretty accurately described. The location was great, and we loved how it was on a little back street, very private. However, when paying over $250 a night for a room, i do expect a certain level of class that i felt was definitely lacking at this establishment. Upon entering the room and doing a quick inspection for cleanliness, i found a dirty sock under the bed, and what appeared to be spilt makeup/foundation on the side of our jacuzzi tub. (it wiped off with wet towel...gross) All of the bath products were mismatched, and the shampoo was actually only half full. They were of the poorest quality, and some were actually from other chain hotels. One of the bathrobes was torn, and missing its belt loops. The bath linens were mismatched and some of them were rather ratty. But no big deal right? We decided to do some exploring on the inn's bicylces...my husbands chain actually fell off in the road, and the handle bars kept fallin down, they needed a wrench to tighten them up and the inn didn't have one. All in all, it was okay... but since it was my honeymoon, i wanted to be more than just okay. I could've gotten okay at a Howard Johnson.

The BunneryThe Bunnery