Casa De Solana

Casa de Solana
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• joesteven42's Profile Photo

Feels Like SoHo

I haven't really been there but I'm planning to, together with the wife and kids. Been hearing good stuff about this Bed&Breakfast place. Im really looking forward to our short family bonding time. Been watching amateur videos of Casa De Solana and I've seen enough old charm to convince me to bring my family there.

Unique Quality: laid back, feels like SoHo, kid-friendly, family-friendly

More about Casa De Solana

Very good

by TripAdvisor Member loving_midlife

We stayed a week at the Casa de Solana which has another inn in town called the St. Francis. The staff was very friendly and most helpful to a couple of tourists on vacation. The rooms were very clean and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was served every morning in the main room and was quite good. The inn has a courtyard with a couple of decks with tables and umbrellas. One day the weather was so gorgeous that we just spent the day sitting and reading and talking. It was extremely relaxing. They are one of the few inns that provide parking, although not at the inn itself, but it is just a short walk away (as is everything in St. Augustine). We have nothing but praise for our accomodations and the staff. After a week's stay we felt as if we had made some new friends.

A Warm Welcome

by TripAdvisor Member DWNYO

We recently stayed for just two short nights at the Casa de Solana but they were delightful! Before we even arrived I knew that we had made the right choice to stay here. Having never been to St. Augustine, we didn't know what to expect, where to visit, where to dine. The Casa website was helpful, but even more so was the staff! Before we even arrived they advised us on dining and made our reservation! And, when our flight was late, a call into the B&B for a revised reservation was no problem! The many nice amenities included a driver for Saturday evening if you needed it!

The staff is warm and welcoming from the minute you arrive, incredibly helpful, and genuine. We were made to feel at home and the delightful wine and hor d'ouerves that were laid out each late afternoon was wonderful. After a day of touring the fabulous city of St. Augustine a nice nightcap of sherry in your room was an added bonus!

The street, the grounds, the rooms were all filled with historic ambience. We would definitely return.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member trauma62

Our family loves St. Augustine to begin with. We have stayed in several BB’s and even in Casa Monica, however there is something about Casa de Solana that is enchanting, magical.
The home itself is extremely well maintained. The amenities are out of this world, including delicious daily breakfast, afternoon snacks and evening desserts. The location is excellent to explore the City historic district. Also they have good beach accommodations, even for the Inn guests, providing you with parking right at the beach, private bath, shower, towels and beach chairs.
Overall, Casa de Solana BB is number 1 on our list to stay and revisit St. Augustine. We highly recommended. It is also children friendly!!!!!!!!!!!
We stayed at the Minorcan Suite
ENJOY!!!

Loved the Casa De Solana

Our stay at the Casa De Solana was just wonderful. It is located in the middle of downtown St Augustine and is in walking distance of all the major attractions. From the minute we arrived to the day we left we were in complete enjoyment of the staff and our accomadations. The Inn is absolutely beautiful! I especially loved the garden and showering in the huge whirlpool tub with the waterfall like shower and a view of the streets right below! We stayed in the Montejurra room. The accomodations were great. Everything was way more than we expected. This was our 2nd stay in St Augustine and even though the first visit with my fiancee was nice he was not as thrilled to be visiting another Inn and had asked if could we just please, please go to a regular hotel. (Privacy was his issue with the first bed and breakfast we visited.) Thankfully the Casa De Solana was the place that made us want to plan another getaway as soon as possilble!. Our room was soooooo lovely. I especially loved the adjoining patio and the rocking chairs as well as the complinentary drinks in the the room and the social hour downstairs. My fiancee (he proposed during our stay) does not eat pork or cheese. And I neglected to inform the staff of this before our arrival so he had to settle for a limited meal. But when one of the staff realized this she prepared a quick meal just for him! We only stayed overnight which made it hard trying to decide whether we wanted to hang around the Inn or go out and tour the city! Even with all our requests and and questions we always got back a litlle more than what was asked. And we were still able to have our time by ourselves and just enjoy or surroundings! These guys were great!

Perfect for lovers

My lover and I needed to find a place to stay at approx. 5:00pm. We came into this gorgeous Bed and Breakfast filled with gardens, water statues, and neat trinkets everywhere. There was the cutest lady at the desk. She gave us a room. The catalina room. The beadspread was made of quilt, and there were atleast 3 different flannel sheets on the bed. With Big fluffly pillows. We enjoyed wine and orderves set out around 6pm. Then went for a swim at their sister B&B, St. Francis. They offer complementary bicycles.. so we rode one block on the towns old bumpy roads to the pool.

The Breakfast was amaizing. They have everything you can think of.
This place was the most ABSOLUTE CUTEST place for us. We did not want to leave! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful, cozy and perfect get away. But then they would take "my lover and I's spot" .. so we dont tell them the name.
But PLEASE check this B&B out!

You'll be glad you did!

Romantic and Relaxing

This was our third trip. Our first trip was 3 years ago, My husband and I became engaged there. Its was perfect. Our next visit was April 2004. We rented the entire place and had our wedding there. Its was amazing. Our friends are still talking about the rooms and how nice the Inn Keepers were.

This last visit was just as relaxing as the two trips prior. If you want to relax and spend time with your favorite person, this is the place . The rooms are Romantic with old world charm, but have modern bathrooms and large two person tubs. ( I am not sure if all have them , we have only stayed in four of the rooms. ) Betsy, One of the Inn Keepers, treats you like family coming to visit. She treated us that way the first visit and every visit after. We also recommend getting a massage in your room. It was fantastic!!!

A little side note, They are so nice, that when my husband and I lost our cake topper. ( we lost power for 11 days during a hurricane) My Husband surprised me by working with Betsy and the chef for the St. Francis to duplicate the top of the cake. They overnighted to us on our 1st aniversary .

C J Byrne

Most Awesome B&B

by TripAdvisor Member skramer63

My boyfriend and I decided we needed a well deserved vacation and thought we would stay in FLA. We are both very glad we did too!! I happened across this Bed & Breakfast, and as my girlfriend had always told me that I needed to try one, I went ahead and booked for two nights. My boyfriend was not as enthused...thinking that he would rather be in a hotel. Boy, was he surprised!!! I believe he is spoiled with Bed & Breakfast now and we will stay in many more and will DEFINITELY be back here. Thank you very much, Carolee, for all of your help and knowledge of the area!!!

We stayed on the 3rd floor in the British Room. It is a very beautiful and well laid out room..having a sitting room (with pullout couch), bedroom with view of harbour,view of the courtyard, access to the balcony overlooking the courtyard, and separate two person jaccuzi tub from full bath!

Complimentary breakfast was amazing! Social hour was a great time meeting other people! (You can try the San Sebastian wine, which the winery is right in St. Augustine and the tour and wine tasting was very nice.

Went to dinner and hung out with several other couples one night and had a grand time!! Very comfortable!

The lighthouse tour is complimentary if you stay at either Casa de Solana or St Francis. Shopping is within walking distance as are most of the restaurants if you wish. Bicycles are provided free of charge also.

Definitely recommend this awesome B&B to anyone who would like to get away!!!

Perfect Vacation Location

by TripAdvisor Member DeignanDesign

My husband and I stayed on the SeaClusion, part of the Casa de Solana B&B in Saint Augustine, Florida. It was the perfect combination of privacy with the mingle of a B&B. We enjoyed the two bathrooms (heads), mini kitchen and cable TV not to mention a cell phone provided on board for local calls and messages from the main house. Evening socials and dessert hours along with a daily breakfast were just a short walk from the marina. Each of these daily events provided delicious food and drinks and the oppportunity to meet other guests. We were fortunate enough to meet several lovely couples from Michigan, Florida, New Jersey, Ireland and Washington, D.C.

Watching the sunrise from the deck and napping on the same deck in the afternoon was a wonderful way to relax on our vacation. We will come back to Casa de Solana and hopefully the SeaClusion will be available.

Call The Casa de Solana before you book anywhere else!

by TripAdvisor Member Gator_travelers

I suprised my wife with a trip the weekend before she went back to teaching. My last minute plan was accepted with grace by the Casa de Solana. We stayed in Theresa's room, what a deal! Jacuzzi tub, comfortable bed, quiet, basically everything you hope for in a room/inn. The amenities that come along with your stay went beyond my expectations. A wonderful wine and cheese reception in the early evening that also includes Sangria/beer and a selection from the local winery. They also had a creamcheese, cocktail sauce, and lump crab meat concoction, it was so tasty on the variety of crackers they had. They offered bikes for getting around the city (which you normally have to rent), a towncar escort to and from the restuarant where we had dinner at. (Don't go to Salty Cowboy place)

Most amazing of all to me, free parking near the inn and at the beach where they have towels, chairs, etc. for guests to use. I like the fact that what you pay for your room includes all these things and probably more I am not even remembering now. Oh yeah, we also got the in room massages! All this for less than the cost of some rooms in town that don't even have the jacuzzi tub! Call these nice people before you book anywhere else!

Comments