Centennial House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Centennial House Bed and Breakfast
Booking.com Priceline.com

• FaerieBad's Profile Photo

A really luxurious B&B

This place had the most comfortable bed I have ever stayed in. Close to almost everything in the Historic district and for you late night ghost hunters it is close to the old city gates, Tolomata graveyard and the Hugenot Graveyard. The very nice couple running the place were new but made us feel right at home and served a great breakfast. Our room had a romantic gas fireplace and 2 person deep, whirlpool tub. What a good way to end the day after walking around the historic district for hours on end?
    A very romantic setting and wonderfully hospitiable. It may be pricey but very worth it IMO.

Unique Quality: Considering the fact that this used to be the "worst house in St. Augustine" the renovators did a wonderful job. Many beautiful rooms and a cute garden sitting area out back. Close enough to everything that it isn't too much of a walk at all but just off the beaten path enough for quiet times when you need them.

Directions: Historical District

More about Centennial House Bed and Breakfast Inn

The Reviewers Are All Right About This!

by TripAdvisor Member mdunn2

This B&B was recommended to us by an innkeeper on Amelia Island. We had a great experience here. Great hospitality, good value, tasty and creative breakfast, a very comfortable bed (and pillows), perfect location.. you get the picture. We would definitely stay here again if we ever get back to this area.

We had a fun dinner at the Habana Cafe. The had a band, dancing and absolutely mouthwatering pork roast, black beans and rice.

Return trip

by TripAdvisor Member SuthernTravels

As I said before, we would be back. Our return trip to this lovely place was as if we had picked up where we left off back in Feb. We have never felt SO at home as we do here. Ellen and her staff were gracious as always. They took such care of us and went so far as making dinner reservations at the OPUS 39 for our 27th anniversary. I have recommended this place to many people looking for a place to stay. This has become our home in St. Augustine. Again, thanks to Ellen and all of her staff for a fantastic time once more.

Warm & Lovely

by TripAdvisor Member justjessica1802

I surprised my husband with a weekend getaway to St. Augustine and we stayed at the Centennial House Bed and Breakfast. It was wonderful. We stayed in the Gentlemen's Quarters, which was perfect. Masculine enough, but great features like a four poster bed, whirlpool bath, and fireplace. It was comfortable, inviting and very romantic. The location was central to downtown, just a short walk and you were in the heart of St. Augustine. The breakfast the next morning was delicious, with warm french toast and fresh fruit. I highly recommend everyone to visit this charming place!

Highly Recommend

by TripAdvisor Member lolalafemme

This is the third B&B I stay at in St. Augustine and the best by far. The location is excellent. Ellen was so nice. She made us feel at home right away. Her breakfast was splendedly prepared (tasty and well as beautifully arranged). We stayed in the Fleur de Lis room. It was big and nicely decorated. The bathroom was large and you have everything you need. If you can, stay at Centennial Inn. You won't be disappointed.

Perfect Honeymoon Destination!

by TripAdvisor Member florencegal

My husband and I stayed at the Centennial House B&B for 3 nights for our honeymoon and it was a GREAT experience!

Searching for B&B's in St. Augustine is a bit overwhelming, given the large variety to choose from, but we LOVED the Centennial house! We chose this location because of its close proximity to all St. Augustine attractions (everything was within walking distance--we never needed our car) and its modern decor. We stayed in the Safari room, which had a giant whirlpool tub--perfect for us since we were on our honeymoon!

Everyone was incredibly friendly and offered suggestions on where we should eat (and which dishes to order) and which attractions we might enjoy, given our interests. Each morning, the weather report was printed and placed in a notebook in the living room so we would know what to expect for the day.

The breakfasts were incredible! I should start by saying that coffee was served each morning upstairs on a table between the rooms...so I could have my morning cup of coffee while I got ready in the morning. This was a treat! At 8 a.m. breakfast was served and it was AMAZING! Tables were set up in the sunroom, and my husband and I were able to dine at a table for two while overlooking the beautiful street upon which the Centennial House is situated. It was nice to have a little privacy while dining, unlike some other B&B's where everyone is forced to sit at the same table.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were thoroughly cleaned each day. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer, but we definitely plan to stay there again for our anniversary! Originally, we had planned to stay at a different B&B each year but after our great experience at Centennial House, I am positive we won't be able to find a better establishment.

Great, relaxing vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Karen_Phillips

This is a beautiful place. Relaxing and close in to downtown St. Augustine, but quiet at night. Each room has it's own style with none of them being too frilly. There are 2 downstairs rooms that are wheelchair assessible. The Inn has been totally renovated with jacuzzi tubs in most rooms. The innkeeper, Ellen, was very helpful and knowledgable of the area and of the best things to do. She was able to give us extra discounts on several things and steer us away from the tourist traps. Excellent breakfast. This was a GREAT place to stay and I'd go back for a long weekend just to get away from real life in Atlanta. It's about a 6 hour drive. I am so glad that we stayed here instead of a chain hotel/motel.

OMG!!!!!!!! What a place!

by TripAdvisor Member ScreamingRedhead

Centennial House is by far one of the best B&B's my husband and I have stayed in. The accommodations and food exceeded our expectaions. I highly recommend either the Safari room (very elegantly decorated) or the Gentelman's room (not extremely mascaline) but any room is worth staying in. It was the perfect get a way and we will visit again. We liked it so much that we purchased gift certificates for family as Christmas presents.

memorable and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member countryhiker

We really enjoyed our experience here. We stayed in the Carriage House in back of the main house and appreciated the privacy. It was lovely and very comfortable. From the gas fireplace to the jacuzzi tub,we felt pampered. The breakfast was wonderful and unique both mornings we were there. The only suggestion I would make is for earlybirds like ourselves, it would be nice to be able to have access to coffee earlier than 8 am. Maybe one pot could be on a timer in the kitchen with cups and sugar etc. set out too. Or possibly have coffemakers in the rooms. We gladly waited until 9 for breakfast,but the coffee was missed upon rising.
Our hostess was right on the money with restaurant suggestions for dinner. We had two great dining experiences thanks to her. In every way our stay was fantastic and we would return to Centennial House again.

Great Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member jcap66

When looking for a nice quiet place to take my wife (We are in our early 30's) for a weekend getaway I was not sure where to book, as I always check with trip adviser. I found the Centennial and booked based on other reviews. Upon my first phone call to the innkeepers after booking I was even further excited to start my weekend. Beverlee took care of scheduling in room massages for us, a carriage ride, dinner reservations and making sure a bottle of my wifes favorite wine was waiting in the room for us. For never having been to St. Augustine this was a huge help. When we arrived the customer service remained exceptional as well as the Inn was in great shape and with a great location, basically a 2 min walk to St. George. We booked the Carriage house which was separate from the house with its own entrance, and what room it was. Full whirlpool tub, huge shower, gas fireplace and our own balcony. It was just the right recipe for a romantic weekend with the wife. I spoke with the other guest which also were very happy with the rooms in the house (they were booked up for the entire weekend but still everyone was comfortable and relaxed) but if open, go with the carriage house, worth every penny! The breakfasts served were top notch (And I'm usually a tough critic when it comes to breakfast ) and they even share recipes, wife loved that! They have seating for two if u want to be alone or large table to enjoy the company of the other guests. I must not forget Beverlee's husband Lou and the rest of the staff which always had a smile and kind words to say. Only hiccup we had during our stay was the fault of mother nature, the clouds rolled in and it started to thunder Saturday night at about 5:45pm just before our scheduled 6 pm carriage ride through the city. We just mentioned to Beverlee and Lou that we were concerned about the impending rain and our upcoming ride and they asked us immediately if they would like for us to reschedule so that we could enjoy it. Even though being Floridians and knowing rain can go as quickly as it comes, or not come at all, we decided that we would like to wait and she called the company right away to let them know we needed to reschedule and they obliged (Good Vendors Too!), and it did rain but only for about 10 minutes. Everything was taken care of for us all weekend. We had a great time in St. Augustine, if u have time do dinner at Collage, quaint place with excellent food (Beverlee was right again, and she was right in making reservations for us cause people were getting turned away at the door that did not have them cause they were booked solid!) We did lunch at the A1A Brewery, another great meal and brew! All in all I could not have been happier with our stay. I would go back and point others in the same direction.

Comments