95 Vilano Rd, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beach
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

the hampton inn is the newest and best hotel in vilano beach. the hampton inn is only four miles from the st. augustine historic district and is located with in walking distance of vilano beach. it's location allows the visitor a nice beach front location as well as easy access to the attractions of st. augustine.

Directions: just off of USA1A about four miles north of downtown st. augustine.

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanside Resort

Beautiful hotel, excellent service!

by TripAdvisor Member whistlingdixie1

After reading all the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to take a chance on this hotel. I was almost afraid I'd be disappointed since my expectations were so high. I shouldn't have worried - all the reviews were spot on! This hotel is definitely a gem among hotels in the St. Augustine area. We visit the area frequently and have stayed in a number of hotels, including the Renaissance World Golf Village and the Casa Monica. The Clarion Collection Casa del Mar is really on par with those top-rated hotels! Don't get me wrong, it isn't a "luxury" hotel in the traditional sense, but the service and amenities really put it in that category. From the bountiful free breakfast buffet to the sparkling clean rooms to the lovely decor of the lobby and patio area, the hotel is such a treat. And it's the service that really makes it worth staying at. Everyone at the hotel is so pleasant, cheerful, and accomodating. The location can't be beat either - just steps away from the beach and a short drive from the center of town. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. We'll definitely be repeat guests!

Hidden treasure off St Augustine Historic District

We were given the name of this hotel from a former resident of St. Augustine. We would've never thought of Vilano Beach and were pleasantly surprised! We had booked another hotel in town and he said, "No, this is where you'll want to stay". Knowing I have two small boys, he was right on the mark! 2 minutes over the bridge to all the quaintness of the Historic District, nestled on a quiet dead end street you'll find this hidden treasure. The lions greet you at the door which was nice since there weren't any lions on the Lion Bridge due to construction. The beach was a quick block away. The restaurant on the beach was quiet with good food and beach ambiance. The best thing of all--we got to meet Reggie! Reggie, thank goodness, still works at this fine hotel. As I was trying to manage my breakfast with my oldest son, this gentleman starts handing me a plate and telling me about the offerings. As I looked at his name tag, I was glad to know we didn't miss out on this local treasure. His kindess and service is unsurpassed! In times when we don't see service anymore, he exemplifies it! I told him he was famous online and he said it made his day. Having someone help me with the boys and get us off to a great start made my day. Reggie, you rock! We'll be back soon, and plan only to stay at this hidden treasure. :-)

We will go back

by TripAdvisor Member eggtmt

Stayed 3 nights 10/27-10/31, after reading all the reviews.
Great location. Much closer to downtown than their sister property at St. Augustine Beach. It only took a 3-5 minutes to get to King St. and park.

We had a king room with microwave, fridge, pull out bed and coffee maker. The bed was so comfy,The beach is less than a block. Two great resteraunts at the end of the street (going away from the beach). Great full breakfast. Social hour with free wine and beer M-Th. All the staff was great. Very Friendly form the gentleman who checked us in, to Jeanette at Happy hour and Reggie at breakfast. The pool was great, sunny all day and the wind was blocked from the building so although it wasn't really warm it was great to lay out. We enjoyed the hot tub at night and the sitting area near the gas fireplaces.
This place is Very Clean and the room was huge.
You cannot go wrong with this hotel. The entire staff was so Friendly. We loved this hotel. It is great for a beach vacation or to visit Flagler College like we did. Special thanks to Jeanette for being so informative and friendly to my daughter who hopes to attend Flagler. We hope to be back for parents' weekend next year.
This is an exceptional deal.

Very Impressed

Hotels near the beach always scare me a bit, which is why we always seem to keep going back to the ones that truly stand out. This was our first stay at Casa del Mar and it won't be our last. The location is convenient to the beach and yet just a quick run over the bridge to the city. The hotel was attractive and very well kept both inside and out. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. The amenities and services at this property were well thought out and presented. This hotel would shine even if you picked it up and put it in the middle of a luxury resort. Great job! We will definitely return!

Our high expectations were dashed

We had great expectations after reading all the positive reviews. However, the second day of our stay while we were out, a leather belt and another article of clothing went missing from our room, food went missing from the refrigerator, someone left a wet tissue on the nightstand, water was spilled on the bed and carpet, and a half-full bottle of water was left in the bathroom. The hotel manager seemed to not believe us when we told him, although he gave us a refund for one night.

Other than these problems, the breakfast was great, the common areas were nice (though very crowded), and good proximity to the beach. Beach is a drive-on.

Don't you wish all hotels were like this!

by TripAdvisor Member Jdehaan

My husband and I stayed here for two nights; we absolutely loved this place. Customer service is top rated, Reggie and Jennette make you feel so welcome. Reggie's breakfast is something to look forward to, what a treasure you have in him. Our room was large, and very clean. We appreciated the extras such as the mint, water, and Starbucks coffee.
Competitors would be wise to visit just to see how a hotel should/and can be run.
When we are back in the area we will not hesitate to stay here again.

Great hotel - but

by TripAdvisor Member lighthouse13

This is a very pretty hotel, and I have very positive things to say about it - spotless room, lovely pool area, excellent breakfast and mostly terrific staff.
I was disappointed when I first checked in because the desk clerk put us in a first floor room although I had reserved a balcony room; I even showed it to him on my reservation form. He said that we would be more comfortable on the first floor because it was so accessible - we're not young, but we have no accessibility issues. When I saw the room which looked out over the driveway, I went back to the desk and was able to change my room to the third floor. We were staying 3 nights and I did not want to look at the driveway or the noisy hotel across the street.
The only other problem was coming back to the room at 3pm and seeing that the room had not been cleaned. We were expecting to watch football .When I called the front desk, they said they were very busy, and the housekeepers would get to it as soon as they could. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and I know that they were busy, but I believe they should have been more prepared.
I don't mean to sound negative - I would probably return to this hotel - it has many, many good points!!

Absolutely The Best

by TripAdvisor Member Saluki56

Our stay at this hotel was absolutely the best part of our trip. If only the weather could have been as good. Driving up to the hotel the area doesn't look that fantastic but the hotel lived up to all of the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and professional and when the room was a definite plus. Everything looked exactly like the pictures I had seen on the website and the easy access to downtown sites was good. Breakfast each morning was a definite plus and Reggie was most enjoyable to talk with. The only problem we encountered was a faulty hair dryer but it was such a minor irritation I didn't mind it not being replaced before we left. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to be in the Saint Augustine vicinity.

Comments