1302 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, Saint Augustine, FL 320

Beaches Family Travel Historical Travel
See Amenities
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

by written on August 10, 2009

The Holiday Inn of Saint Augustine is about a mile north of the historic city center and the majority of the main visitor attractions in town, but it has a few good local establishments, and it is a nice, clean hotel.

We booked our room on Priceline for about $65 or $70 a night for a room that regularly sells for over $150 a night. When we arrived, we were given one of the suites on the third floor overlooking the swimming pool. The room had two queen beds and a queen-sized sleeper sofa, along with a microwave, refrigerator, two TVs, and free wi-fi. Parking is also free.

Just down the street is a great sports and biker bar called Mardi Gras, where we spent several hours watching baseball. We also went just 200 yards to an excellent restaurant called Raintree where we had a fine dinner.

Though the Holiday Inn's website claims to be withing walking distance of the historic sites, it really is a rather long walk.

Kaspian's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn - Historic District

by written on March 30, 2007

You have to love a hotel where every staff member you pass in the halls greets you with a smile and a friendly "Hello!"
My backpack didn't make the connecting flight today and the front desk clerk is trying not to laugh as I explain that he must be able to tell me where to buy a shirt or I'll have to go to a nice dinner tonight wearing the pajama top that I flew in. He explains there's not that many clothes stores in this part of St. Augustine except ones selling novelty pirate tees. I don't think I want to go to dinner in a pirate shirt. He finally directs me to a nearby drugstore only two blocks away where I buy a fairly unassuming black-and-white Hawaiian shirt, beer, and some toiletries.
Our hotel room is like any other hotel room, only I would say a little cleaner that the average. It has a microwave and a small refrigerator that I use for my case of Miller's beer. I'm a bit upset that the windows won't open to let in fresh air. The bathrooms in the hotel lobby are spectacular! They're grand with marble finish and sparkle in cleanliness. We saw the bathrooms of other hotels during the weekend and were less than impressed.
The Holiday Inn's outdoor pool and hot tub are great to lounge around in; only I wish they positioned them differently because they somehow seem to be in the shade both in the morning and afternoon. It would be really nice to catch some rays seeing as how I'm in Florida and everything.
The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Old Town, the Fort, the Fountain of Youth, a drugstore, and a Dunkin' Donuts.
Overall, this is the best Holiday Inn I've ever visited and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Unique Quality: Pool, hot tub, microwave and refrigerator in the room, free parking.

Nicer than You'd Expect

by written on January 11, 2007

Most Holiday Inns I've stayed have been pretty basic. They don't cost a lot, but they give you what you need. The Holiday Inn and Suites in St. Augustine was all that and then some. The staff there was very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was tastefully decorated and very clean. The beds were also quite comfortable.

Unique Quality: This hotel has free parking and is within walking distance to the Old Town and several other attractions and shopping. It has a pool and a hot tub outdoors. They also serve a full breakfast there every morning. The rooms all have refrigerators and microwaves, too, which is really convenient.

Directions: On U.S. Route One about 1/2 mile outside of the Old Town.

Nearby Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Saint Augustine Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Augustine, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Augustine and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Augustine hotel reviews