Merida Inn & Suites

2150 N Ponce de Leon Blvd, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Saint Augustine

Father Pedro Camps statue at the CathedralFather Pedro Camps statue at the Cathedral

Gallegos HouseGallegos House

longboardslongboards

Caps at nightCaps at night

NIght Tours

by roylowejr

I have heard that there is a monthly night tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse.
Could you let me know the schedule , details, cost, etc.?
Roy Lowe

Re: NIght Tours

by davecallahan

the only night outings I remember in St. Augustine were in the Old Town area after midnight... tour of places where bad things happened in the very old days. And an aftermidnight tour of the grave yard near the end of St. George St. where they told ghost stories and carried an old lantern as the only lighting.

Travel Tips for Saint Augustine

Take A1A North to Ponte Vedra...

by VTCrusier

Take A1A North to Ponte Vedra Beach and visit my Mom and dad. On the beach you can find sharks teeth by the cup full. well, maybe the teaspoon full! The beach in Ponte Vedra Beach is mostly ground up shells and a little sand thrown in to let you know you are on a real beach. I spent a year or so here after going threw my divorce. It is the perfect place to get away from the rest of the world. At least the world I was running from.... Opening up my home to friends from Germany. Jutta has left this world but I still know she is here to guide me. Jutta and her two kids bought a house just down the road from me and brought to me the gift of a smile. Everyday Jutta would do nothing but smile and say hello to all who passed. I can't imagine the pain she was in but have grown so much from knowing her and her family. This photo is Alex, Juttas niece on the castle wall. NOTE the sign in the photo....

MM 779.5 Oyster Creek Marina

by grandmaR

We like this marina. They give us a Boat US
discount so we paid $1/ft and $4 for 30 amp electric (plus 6% tax). Didn't charge for cable. They have an email connection for marina guests. The restaurant Eddie's Oyster Creek there has been finished and is in business, but is only open Weds to Sunday. If you walk south along the highway, you get to La Cochina which is new has very good food. Normally there is no one there to assist Sat afternoon and all day Sunday. It was $102.82
for two days for a 44 foot boat with 30 amp. the first time we stayed here.

The showers etc were nice. We tried to buy bag ice and they told us to get it from the ice machine on Sat (bring our own bags). But during the week, they sold us bags. THey have floating docks now. We were on the T head. It was such bad weather that we stayed 4 days.

River City Brewing in...

by richiecdisc

River City Brewing in Jacksonville, FL was a nice place to stop for lunch though the beer was not up to my expectations. It's at 835 Museum Circle if you're interested, quite easily accessible from I-95 as you pass through town.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

by LushLips71 about Scarlett O'Hara's Restaurant

ABSOLUTELY THE RUDEST WAITRESSES IN TOWN! I was in St. Augustine for the 4th of July weekend with my family - my husband was there with the 13th Army Band to play the Friday afternoon concert in the Plaza. Friends from Jacksonville drove down Saturday to spend the day with us and we went looking for a place to have lunch. I suggested Scarlett O'Hara's since in all the years I've been going to St. Augustine I had always heard it was a rather cool hang out with good food. We went in, straight upstairs since the ground floor was packed and were gladly surprised to find seats for our large party of 10. But as we sat down the waitresses refused to serve us, saying they only had seats for 8 when clearly we all fit and had sat down!!! My husband got up and went to the bar to speak to the waitress/bartender who swiftly walked away and repeated they had space for 8, but not 10. AND SHE HAD 2 PATRONS SEATING AT THE BAR GET UP AND GO TO A TABLE TO SIT DOWN BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE CHAIRS WITH MY @ YEAR OLD!!!! Obviously, we promptly got up and walked out after being treated so rudely for no reason. I was very angry and decided to speak to the manager. As I tried asking a downstairs waitress if the manager was available her response WAS JUST AS RUDE!. Before I could get my question out she aggressively asked if I was "speaking to her". My response after such shabby treatment was that we would take out business elsewhere and I'd make our experience known. There is now excuse for such treatment of potential customers. I wonder if the owner realizes his staff chooses who to serve based on their whims!

The best beer place I've ever seen!

by rafgys about Rendezvous Restaurant

I think they serve some food in there... but the reason why I went to Rendezvous almost everyday I spent in St. Augustine is the beer. They carry around 150 different beers... all kind of domestic beers from micro breweries and tons of imported.

Besides the variety... the servers know how to explain whatever you ask about all the different styles of beer they sell.

I would say that stopping by Rendezvous and have at least one cold beer is a must!

Comments