Saragossa Inn Bed and Breakfast

34 Saragossa Street, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
The Saragossa Inn
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Saint Augustine

exterior walls of the fortexterior walls of the fort

Oldest SchoolhouseOldest Schoolhouse

Castillo de San MarcosCastillo de San Marcos

the bar at the king's headthe bar at the king's head

Travel Tips for Saint Augustine

The Biblemobile

by zrim

What a hoot. Apparently, this guy feels so strongly about his bible and his interpretations of that book that he feels the need to drive from New Jersey to Florida to spread the word.

You can't read it on the van, but one of the main messages this guy conveys is that one cannot be saved by works, but by "grace alone".

Everyone has their own opinion, but to me he has it backwards. What is grace worth, if one does not put one's beliefs into practice and perform good works.

And good works does not mean driving around in a bible van bothering folks who just want to see St. Augustine without a proslytizing nutcase with a bullhorn!

vilano beach

by doug48

vilano beach is a small beach town located on USA1A about 4 miles north of st. augustine. vilano beach has a hampton inn hotel and a couple of motels within walking distance to the beach. vilano beach is one of a few florida beaches that you can drive on. see my vilano beach pages for more information.

piano, wine and tapas with a balcony

by donpaul77 about Sangrias

Sangrias is a casual "wine and tapas piano bar" with a second floor balcony overlooking St. George Street. They have live music most nights and it's a nice to hang out on the balcony on those balmy evenings. There is also a room with some comfy sofas and arm chairs.

As the name suggests, they have some very special sangria recipes, as well as a nice selection of beers, wines, and champagne by the glass.

I didn't eat here, though they do serve tapas.

Overall, it's a pretty decent place to have a nice glass of something and listen to music as you gaze down on St. George Street.

Calimari Appetizer is Da Bomb!

by NC_Ziggy about Conch House

Great Place! The atmosphere is really cool here and the food is hot! Hot like, really good! Everyone at our table seemed to be pleased with their selections from the menu but if I get back here someday, I know what I'm gonna order... See Below! As Jed Clampett used to say, "OoooooWeeeee!" We had two appetizers at our table... I ordered Escargot and Edgar (VT Member Terps) ordered Calamari. The Escargot was tasty, served hot and on a bread pastry with just enough garlic flavor and lightly shredded cheese. Edgar ordered Calamari prepared with Banana Peppers and man, oh man was it Great! The plate was huge and even after finishing my salad with Hot Boiled Shrimp (also good!), I kept going back to the Calamari again and again until I thought Edgar might amputate my hand! Luckily, Edgar's a great VT friend and I have my hand so I can type this tip for you today!

Brewery

by grandmaR about A1A Ale Works

We had lunch here twice and I really like it. There is an upstairs, but we ate downstairs. It has a lot of atmosphere. I had a black cow (they make their own root beer and also brew their own beer) and a cheese soup with vegetables to dip in it.

We also ate dinner here on our last trip through by boat. It was a Friday night, and there was too long a line upstairs in the restaurant for us to want to wait. So we ate dinner downstairs. It is the same menu. You just seat yourself. Bob had a pineapple chicken dish (pictured)

Last winter, we drove up to St. Augustine, and met folks here for dinner. At about 5:45, we walked up the street to the A1A Ale House, and sat down. Norm came in a bit after 6, and he went up to get a beer at the bar and brought Scottie (an old bearded guy who is living on his sailboat and apparently doing work for different people to earn a living) along with him. Jan came a bit later. I ordered the cheese soup with vegetables, Bob ordered a chicken salad and Norm and Jan had naked wings with some dipping sauce. Bob paid the check for us all which even with 3 beers, and some wine for Jan was under $40 before the tip.

Comments