300 A1A Beach Blvd, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 49% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• BobW54's Profile Photo

Worst Motel In St. Augustine

Online site advertised this motel as a Resort, it turned out to be a dump. The room was filthy. There was a used tampon by the bed and grease and fluid stains on the carpet. The toilet had a broken seast and the TP holder was coming out of the wall. The wall paper was peeling in the bathroom and the card reader on the door worked only half the time. A sewage line is being installed on the beach behind this "Resort" which partially blocks beach access.

Unique Quality: Pool and slide were o.k.

Directions: Beach

• MaryMaszy's Profile Photo

MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE!

Please check TripAdvisor.com; Yelp and other sites and DO NOT stay here. It is not safe, it is not clean, the staff is rude, it is filthy, bug ridden, moldy and falling apart. There are no "patios" or beach access-the pictures on line look nothing like the actual hotel. Horrible time, nasty staff, leaking fridge, no towels, wallpaper falling off the walls, no bath towels, wet carpet, broken ac, no handles on dressers, broken tv, broken phone, you name it. The worst experience of my life! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Unique Quality: Filthy, dirty, nasty, moldy, bug-ridden, smelly, everything broken and horrible staff. That's the best of their unique qualities.

• Worst Customer Service Ever!

The front desk staff was truly beyond rude, and beyond that handled my sensitive financial information in an irresponsible manner. Good luck trying to get anyone to answer the phone, and the managers Renee and Elizabeth are the two rudest women I have ever dealt with in any kind of customer service. Elizabeth, especially, is overbearing, belligerent, and unwilling to discuss anything rationally. On top of that, the hotel is dirty and has a musky smell. Do not pay them your hard-earned money!

• St.Augustine Roach Front Resort

Get a Tent and go to a campground!!
    While waiting almost 2 hours we finally get our room key only to find a rude awakening! There was a reason there was a 2 hr wait! Very, very over booked and apparently we got the “Rejected” room. And trust me, no one wants this room. When we finally pried the door open (seriously, the door was jammed) we found several things of note: A/C broke which also fell out of the wall when I tried to turn it on, only wrinkled sheets on the bed with no blankets or comforter, dirty grimy floors and top it off with mold on the walls. Even though the refrigerator was plugged in, the outlet was pulled out of the wall and was not working. This caused the fridge to have an extremely repulsive odor. Really gross in there….
    The beautiful pool with the slide you see pictured on their web site was empty and littered with trash. Bone dry! We booked our getaway with St Augustine Beachfront Resort because their website was top notch and showed a wonderful resort. We left that place that they call a hotel within minutes of seeing our “room”. The experience of sleeping in a tent on the beach would be far more pleasurable than what they offered. And I don’t say this lightly as my girl is pregnant.
    I asked an employee walking by if our room was supposed to look like this. His reply was “if you don’t like it go somewhere else”. Hard as it is to believe this actually happened, but you just can’t make up an entire experience like this. So, back to the front desk we went. After another 45 min wait our money was refunded and we were also informed that the “employee” that made that memorable comment was actually one of the managers.
    The one truth in the website is that there is a Tiki Bar. We did get a drink and happened to notice another couple walk into the same room that was our “Reserved” room. They had the same reaction that we did with one exception, which was that they left quicker because we stayed to take pictures. I guess St Augustine Beachfront Resort thought they would hook some sucker with that slum of a room. I am happy to document my post with photos, please look for them. Take my word for it; a Tent would be better than this place.

Unique Quality: The 118 Foot Waterlide to your death.. No water in it just trash.
    The truth about it is the tiki bar.
    A/C unit fell out of the wall.. Broken eletrical outletts. Beds looked like i rolled out when i opened. door.

Unique Pry Tequnique to open door.
    Need to walk to bathroom to turn on lights ...

• RUNNNNNN!

this was probably the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.. as soon as we walked in to check in there was people complaining of things not working and people that worked there stealing things from the guests that were staying there. the front desk is nasty.. it smells like birds and the wallpaper is falling off. the room we stayed in was disgusting and it hadnt been cleaned at all.. the remote didnt work, there was dust in the vents, the sheets had stains on them that looked like blood stains and the lady at the front desk said it was probably just rust stains..LMFAO!! also the sheets had cigarette burns in them. we ended up finding cockroaches also. we then got "upgraded' to another room just as ***ty as the one we were in before. it smelt like mold inside.. there was three refiderators two didnt work, none of the appliances worked and neither did the outlets. the outlets would shock you if you tried using them. there is rust an inch built up on all the things inside the room.. it is disgusting!! the service here is very poor and the cleaning people dont do a very good job cleaning the rooms. while we was staying here the health department ended up coming because they were using clorox in the hot tub.. the indoor pool and hot tub ended up getting shut down for a couple of days. i would not recommend staying here because you would probably end up catching some kind of nasty disease here.. if you pass here.. RUN FAR AWAY!

• DISGUSTING!!!!

I booked this online for a Spring Break trip with my family. We booked 2 nights. When we got there the lobby was dirty and gross. We went to our room and there was writing on the ceiling, our air didn't work and the room was dirty. They brought us a portable air unit but there was no where for the vent to go and that ended up heating up the room worse. They suggested we crack the door to let it vent. The indoor heated pool was very small and the hot tub was full of dirty brown bubbles. The slide at the pool pictured online was closed. . I slept with my shirt over my pillow. We ended up leaving the next day and canceled our 2nd night. DO NOT STAY THERE! It is disgustingly dirty!!!!!!

Unique Quality: The owner walked his dog on the grounds of the hotel and let it go to the bathroom.

• A DISEASE FILLED DUMP YARD...DO NOT STAY

The pictures are very misleading. We waited in line for 40 minutes just to check in. Once we got our key, we went to our room and had to use our body weight to open the door. The sheets were dirty with dead bugs. Nothing was clean. The sheets were stained and dingy. We immediately decided to check out. The office didn't even try to rectify the situation...just issued us a refund. DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO CATCH SOME TYPE OF DISEASE.

More about St. Augustine Beachfront Resort

Don't bother!!!

Stayed there Friday thru Sunday nite. Waited at least 30 minutes in line to check in. Impossible to find any parking close to our room. No hot water for jacuzzi tub or shower (hot water only lasted a minute). Pool was not heated (we inquired before we booked a room as this was very important). No hair dryer. We requested one when we reserved a room. Room unclean such as scum on walls and carpets never ever being cleaned. Skimmpy on the towels. We kept asking but never received. Blanket had cigeratte burns in it. On Sunday, room was not cleaned until we complained and then it was about 4:30 p.m. before that happend. Abnoxious at the front desk and stay away from the bird. No warning sign for it. Lots of dog droppings on the grounds. Beach was nice though. For the money stay somewhere else. We complained but noone cared. They acted like it was our fault that we stayed there. Noone offered any compensation for anything. You would be better off staying in your car!!!!!

Wow.. in a bad way

The manager of this hotel is very rude (a hispanic woman at the time). We made reservations for 3 rooms to 'get away' for a few days with some friends. Check in was fine, but I later went to the desk to ask for something. Another group was checking in so I waited, and realized that they paid nearly $40 per night less than we were. I asked the girl at the front desk what the deal was with that and she told us she could change our rate for the remaining 2 nights because that was their going rate. This sounded great to me until the manager came knocking on our door and told us that our room rate would not be changed and that if we didn't like it we could leave. When I told her that she had some serious problems, she told me that she would call the cops and have us removed if we didnt pay the rate. We used to stay at this place all the time until it came under new management in 2003 or so. It was great then, but it is aweful now. Please dont waste your time, money, or sanity on this place or the people that work there.

this is a run down motel

by TripAdvisor Member citrom2000

This place is full with bugs.
The stuff , is extramly rude , especially the owner and the front desk manager.I had a complain about all the bugs , and odor in room.I wanted to get my money back.They had an attitude at the desk.We went into a "fight" with the manager and her husband come from the no where shouthing that he has 50 million dollars and better business bureau can not do anything against his business.
I have heard other costumers they fight in front of costumers.
And if you plan you vacation on Friday, Saturday or Sunday make sure you have some water with you because the waiting line is 40 minutes and the a/c is not working in the lobby.
When i was there they did not have the room i made reservatin for
They gave me some left over room in an other section.They overbook the hotel , they do not want to loose one room.
And make sure you look at your bill because my bill had more charge than the room rate and the tax.I think they round the amount up.
They have a big dog and a big bird in the lobby , the day was barking the bird was screaming.You hardly heard other costumers.
The restroom in the lobby is extramly dirty , like a public place what never been cleand.
I do not understand how this place is still running.
Good Luck

You are better off staying in a TENT...

by TripAdvisor Member poolqueen

To sum it up this was one of the worst hotels we have EVER stayed in and we travel ALOT. It is not what the pictures portray AT ALL. My wife and I went down over Memorial Day weekend. We ended up buying bug spray because there were so many bugs in the room. The floors were horrible. The sheets were not changed and were stained. Room was NEVER cleaned while we were there. The refridgerator froze our food (never helped with that) dishwasher broke (said it would take three weeks to get a part in). Grills were outside rooms for cooking. Pets ALLOWED and there were feces EVERY WHERE...
POOL was OK, however never saw anyone cleaning the pool in the morning, kids waterslide OK, Con: 1/2 mile walk to get to the ocean. Access to beach had a 15th foot drop. GOOD LUCK getting back to your room.
So if you like BUGS, FECES, DIRTY FLOORS, DOING DISHES And LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG walks than this is the place for YOU!!

Stay Away

by TripAdvisor Member Surfincb

Truly horrible experience for New Years Eve. 3.5 hour check in delay... YES 3.5 hours to check in. I've never seen so many angry people in one small space. There was a line of about 20 people going out the front door, all waiting to check in. I arrived at 4:20 and got into my room at 8:00. Once in my room, I opened the door to a wet shower curtain on the bed. I soon found out it was to catch the water that was dripping from the ceiling in numerous places. I called the office and they did get me into another room that only had a few leaks in the bathroom!!
This has to be the most disappointing stay at a hotel I have ever experienced. I would not recommend this facilty to anyone. Thanks to their lovely check in services I not only missed dinner but the lovely firework show on the St. Augustine pier!!
None of their vending machines nor ice machines were working throughout the facility. Standing water everywhere and incomplete construction continues.

Such a beautiful view however, which only makes this worse. Such potential this facility could have!
Stay Away!!

Oh Dear GOD-BEWARE

by TripAdvisor Member PamnMoe

I called and made reservations for 4 nights, ocean view, got a rate of $85 a night. That should have been my FIRST RED FLAG, the room wasn't that expensive for ocean front-wow! The 2nd being that we were actually able to get an ocean view/front room over the Christmas holiday! Arrived the 24th of Dec. 2006 at 7am. Checked in and was being charged alot more than my quote. I confronted him and he said they gave me the wrong rate definately! I told him the womans name and we went downhill from then on. SINCE we did arrive earlier than the 3pm check-in, we were charged $50 for the 8 early hours. Okay fine, hauled in all of our luggage across the 4" wooden planks covering the huge puddles of standing water on our way to the room. Went to -what I thought would be a great room facing the ocean, only to take my shoes off to start enjoying our wonderful Christmas vacation and was standing on soaked carpet. Not damp--drenched! We needed the 4" planks in the room also! What we got was soaked socks and ruined luggage when we sat our luggage and bags on the floor and I took off my shoes... Not to mention filth everywhere in the room. The refrigerator had an inch of rust and crumbled paint on the top of it. A person wouldn't dare go bare footed in the bathroom, or get naked for a shower for that matter. We were so tired from driving straight through from Southeast Missouri, we just wanted to go to bed. Although, there were lots of empty rooms, he gave us that room. I walked back up to the front desk and told him, the owner I think- about the soaked carpet and he looks at the maintenance man standing there, and raised his eyebrows and then the m/man told him, " I told you that room was all wet". He acted like I was the goofball. I asked him if it was at all possible to get a dry room. He gave me another room key and I thought I would check it out before lugging all the baggage to this one. I opened the door and choked on the smell. I went to turn on the A/C and the front of the whole thing fell off and hit the floor. A small dog could have came through that gap and under the door because it wouldn't close all the way since the wood was so swelled on it. I closed the door, went to the first room, we carried all of our baggage back across the planks ( like the previous photos posted of the New Years guest) and put them into the truck and drove up to the front desk. I gently and calmly laid both keycards on the counter and explained to the girl there that we would not be staying at this 'resort' because of .......and I was sorry and that I wouldn't be able to enjoy my stay there in the rooms we were given. I told her I was under the impression that we would have clean rooms and from what I had seen so far it was nothing like the website photos. I told her we had only been there for about 1/2 hour from the time we pulled up and I wanted my credit card cleared of the charges including the $50 I was charged for being early. She went back to the office and relayed the message to 'him' and he said since I was canceling my reservations that she was to charge me $30. I told her she better not charge my card, if they did, I would fight it. I called DiscoverCard standing right there in front of them and reported the situation. 'He' came out and said he had to have the room cleaned and that he was going to charge me $30 for that. I said for 15 minutes in that filthy wet room? I thought you said it was for me canceling my reservations? YOU are the cause of this guest canceling, because of your lack of standing up to what you advertise- I think its called false advertisement! We weren't even in the room for 15 minutes and you are charging me $30 to clean it? His answer to that was " you probably used the bathroom, so it needs to be cleaned". I told him it would definately take more than $30 to clean that filth and the poor referral I was going to give won't get them rented for sure. Trust the red flags you are given in life! Luck was on our side. I drove across the street to the NEW Regency Inn & Suites and got a beautiful and Clean room for $53 a night with my AAA discount. This was a beautiful new hotel right across from the pier. We stayed 5 days and they didn't charge us for checking in before 3pm either. I will highly recommend the Regency Inn & Suites. The Staff couldn't have been any nicer or any more congenial. I appologe for this being so detailed and lengthy--I want everyone to BE AWARE of this place. It reminded me of a great line from Bette Davis, " WHAT a DUMP"

Thanks tripadvisor

by TripAdvisor Member SummerNicole

I booked our stay last night. After getting on the internet today and reading everyones reviews I was terrified. I picked up the phone and called the hotel. I very politely stated what I had read and my fears. I asked if she could give me an honest answer as to the condition of the hotel; if indeed it was a good hotel and her response was NO! I repeated myself and again asked her if this was a nice hotel to stay in and she said No. I thanked her for her honesty and cancelled my reservations. I'm so grateful for this site. It would have been an awful 11 hour trip for us to come to an end at such a place, especially if the staff agrees!

Horrible Horrible Service, Only Okay Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Luv2Travel6

I am a patient person, I like to see the good in things, and I try to make the most of any situation. However, this hotel truly challenged me in all of those areas. First, check-in takes FOREVER. Second, the service is horrible and the staff is very rude. They seemed very irritated and inconvenienced to have guests "intruding" on their hotel. Third, the rooms are only decent at best. The beds are hard, the shower pressure is horrible, there was no alarm clock, the tv was broken and the bathroom door was broken as well. They serve a breakfast buffet but it is not included in the cost of the room, you have to pay $6.50 extra for a barely edible meal (the OJ is gross, don't order it!). After the first morning we gladly drove out of our way to get breakfast food else where. They have a bar and this is staffed with rude employees as well. The few saving graces about this place was its pool with slide and the great places for lunch and dinner within walking distance. I realize this a budget motel but I've had much better experiences on beaches for much less money. I highly recommend looking else where first.

I didn't think it was so bad....

by TripAdvisor Member ConnRtst88

My fiance took me to St. Augustine for my birthday in August of 2005. We stayed at this hotel for two nights. My overall experience there was fine. The rooms weren't attractive, but we didn't really have any problems. We had no trouble with check-in, but that was probably because it was very late at night when we arrived. We didn't have any problems with the doors or windows in our room, although the air conditioning was a little cold for my taste. The pool was OK, but since we don't have kids, I don't think we enjoyed it as much as others might. We did eat breakfast at the hotel and thought it was rather good. We were a little put off that it wasn't included in the price of the room, but at $6.50 per person, it wasn't a big deal to us. The one thing we were very disappointed about...and my fiance was more disappointed than I was...was that the beach was closed for construction. Between the hurricanes that hit our beautiful state in 2004 and 2005, and the near misses we had in 2005, the beach was badly damaged and had to be rebuilt. Unfortunately, the person who took our reservation at the front desk did not bother to mention this.

All in all, the hotel was what I expected it to be. We actually prefer to find a local "hole-in-the-wall" place to stay when we go to the beach, so I wasn't really bothered by it. I would definitely say, though, that if you're driving for more than a couple of hours and planning to stay for more than two nights, look elsewhere. For the price, I think there are a few other places that you would be happier with for the same amount of money or less. Also, don't confine yourself to a hotel with direct beach access. If you are planning to visit St. Augustine and you want to go to the beach, look for lodging close to Anastasia State Park. You'll save money because the property isn't on the water, but the beach is wonderful and not difficult to get to and from. Just make sure you pick a hotel/motel on the East side of the drawbridge, otherwise you could waste valuable beach time sitting in your car.

• Jan 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

The St. Augustine Beach Front Resort is the worst hotel in the area. Avoid this like the plague. I don't have enough space to go into how rude, uncaring, dishonest and unprofessional the staff are, or how run down, grungy, and potential unsafe the hotel, and especially the pools are. Let me just say that no hot water for 4 days and a staff that nearly ruined our vacation and refused to give us the room we booked or refund even 1% of our money should not be in business...so don't do business with them. Learn more about the St. Augustine Beach Front Resort here,
    ripoffreport.com/st-augustin...
    st-augustine-beach-front-res...
    or see someone else's video on the St. Augustine Beach Front Resort for yourself youtube.com/watch?v=K4aKimBx...