St Francis Inn

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about St Francis Inn

Wow

by TripAdvisor Member chiromomhsv

Everything was fantasic, friendly staff with a down home feel. The Balcony room was awesome. It was our anniversary and they gave us a cute little complimentary bottle of champagne. The location was great. Ask about their mid week rates. Cheaper than the beach and a much different atmosphere. As a matter of fact they have units on the beach, but we wanted to be in the tourist district. We are only 47 yrs old and thought Bed N Breakfast places were for older folks, boy was I wrong. We think we had a couple of visits by the resident ghost Lily. She likes to play with the water among other things.

OK B&B

by TripAdvisor Member kcounter

My hubbie and I just returned from a long weekend in St. Augustine. The inn was nice and cozy, as you would expect from a B&B. The breakfasts were adequate, but nothing to bring us back or brag about. Breakfast is the cheapest meal of the day anywhere you go and they really don't go overboard on anything. And be warned - bring your own TP as they must buy the cheapest toilet paper possible. We were there three nights and our sheets were never changed, even though I spilled chocolate on them the first night while eating in bed. The towels are nice and the small pool is quaint and refreshing. The staff is accomodating and it's nice that they offer bicyles/locks for you to use. They host an evening reception with some small apps and wine/beer, which was nice. They also offer desserts later in the evening, which we did not take advantage of. There are PLENTY of B&B's in the historic district of St. Augustine to choose from, so do your research wisely. We just have a little bit of a higher standard. Overall an OK stay.

First time visit

by TripAdvisor Member LM50

We recently stayed at the St. Francis for three days. The staff at the Inn were very nice and our accomodations were clean but as another reviewer wrote-it would be nice to have your sheets changed more often.

After arriving we were suprised to see how small the courtyard and buildings were-the pictures on their website made the Inn look larger. The Inn is on the corner of St.Francis and George streets and traffic is loud on St. Francis street. The only things we think could be an improvement would be the addition of bacon or sausage at breakfast and cleaner walkways (lots of tree's drop lots of leaves). The evening sweets were a nice touch. Would stay here again and recommend to other friends.

Wonderful Food!!!

by TripAdvisor Member FLTRAVELER99

We stayed at this inn recently and I must say that the chef is quite talented! Everything was absolutely wonderful. From the citrus pancakes with the orange sauce tio the exquisite desserts served in the evenings.

The innkeepers at night were also quite friendly and helpful. We could not say that for the lady there during the day. Maybe she was just having a bad week.

Overall, it was just great!

New to B&B's

by TripAdvisor Member johnny1234

We stayed at this inn last month and are now believers in staying at B&B's, if this is what they are all like.

From the beautiful inn and garden, to the really great breakfasts, appetizers and desserts, and the superb staff.

We just could not have had a better experience!

Really nice for Floridians

by TripAdvisor Member jmirabile

We just returned from our visit to St Francis Inn and are already wanting to plan another visit. We drove from New Port Richey (only 3.5 hours) with my 2 daughters,their boyfriends,my husband and my best friend. The younger ones stayed in the cottage which was ideal for them. It was 2 stories with a kitchen, sitting room, bathroom(whirlpool) and fireplace downstairs. Two bedrooms and bath upstairs. We were on the 3rd floor of the main house built in 1791 in the Garcia Suite, which also had a whirlpool (wonderfully relaxing)and an outstandingly comfortable bed. The staff was very gracious and always ready to help with any need that may arise. The location is the best in the Ancient City if you are interested in history and quite convenient to all the sites, including the Oldest House(1/2 a block away). The waterfront, St. George St and The Castillo de San Marco are all so close. Just jump on the trolly and take the entire tour around the city, listening to the driver/narrator explain the history of each attraction. We felt very secure even walking at night . I would highly recommend this to visitors of all ages.

Loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member darmf

We stayed two nights Jan 28th and 29th/07. We booked on the recommendation of Trip Advisor reviews and it has pet friendly rooms. We stayed in the Courtyard room which is rather small but lovely with a fireplace, clawfoot tub, 4 poster bed and door onto the courtyard. Took advantage of the complimentary sherry in the room and they offer free hor deurves and wine and beer between 5:30 and 6:30pm. Then between 8 and 9:00 pm they offer a compl dessert with tea or coffee. Eg trifle Loved this Bed and Breakfast and the staff.

One of the best places we've stayed

by TripAdvisor Member strass

My husband and I just returned from four nights at the St. Francis Inn. We're avid travelers, and this is definitely one of the best places we've ever stayed:

--beautiful, quiet, historic location within walking distance of all the sights
--amazing hot breakfasts, happy-hour snacks and drinks, and dessert buffet (the food was just wonderful!)
--private atmosphere with no communal breakfast table (you serve yourself buffet-style and then dine at your own table, as in a restaurant)
--lovely, peaceful courtyard and balconies with rocking chairs
--tasteful rooms with period furnishings
--friendly, helpful staff.

Then there's the beach-cottage access at St. Augustine Beach, the free bicycles, the discounts to area attractions... the inn just has it all! We highly recommend it.

Te St Francis Inn is to DIE for!!!

by TripAdvisor Member susieloveslilas

Note to fellow reviewer: The Garden Hide Away is the ONLY bad room there. I've had the staff tell me not to stay there... My husband and I, as well as my 2 teens and father have stayed there. I LOVE it!! The ONLY place that I would stay in the oldest city. We have stayed in the Wilson Suite, and The slaves Quarters. Everytime has been EXTRA special. OF COURSE the place is old... If you want "new" go to a hotel chain. (The history lends to its ambience! ;) The breakfast is OUT OF THIS WORLD. And the social hour in the evening is GREAT! (Many Yummy appetizers ;) Staff is MORE then helpful. Have NEVER had a problem with the beds. Slept like a kitten! The city itself is not to miss. The St Francis is above and beyond what a getaway should be. Susan Jones knjsmarm@yahoo.com

Comments