The Old Powder House Inn Bed and Breakfast

See Amenities

Not my favorite place.

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 7, 2010

My mother and I arrived early evening to check in. I had made an earlier reservation that day. When we arrived we had to knock loudly on the front door, which was locked. It took 10 minutes for someone to come to the door and explain she did not know we were coming, and didn't have our reservation. Although they didn't have any trouble taking the reservation fee from my debit card earlier. We got settled and had an uneventful night. In the morning they had a man and women guitar player during breakfast. It would have been lovely had they played one or two songs, however they played on and on. No one could talk during breakfast and we felt it would be disrespectful to stand up and walk out, however we had things to do that day. We stayed two nights at the Inn and the next morning breakfast, they were back again serenading our breakfast on and on! I didn't feel like the innkeppeers were cordial at all, especially since they had made the reservation mix up at the beginning. Never again.

Nearby The Old Powder House Inn Bed and Breakfast

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Saint Augustine Travel Forum

Need advice about Saint Augustine, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Saint Augustine and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Saint Augustine hotel reviews