Holiday Inn St. Augustine Beach

Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• GREAT Hotel!!

We were skeptical about this place when we made the reservations but were blown away with the great service. As a Priority Gold Club member, I actually got treated like one. The staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. They even had a goody bag waiting for us. We had a slight room mix up, but they handled it in an exemplary manner. The pool and Tiki Bar were great and clean. While the hotel is outdated and the lobby is in a separate building (which I didn't care for), it was still an outstanding stay for us. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable and updated. The restaurant staff was very friendly, however it needs a bit of improvement. The food was good but not hot the first day we ate there. The buffet they had the second day was great however. The restaurant was short handed on staff during our stay so service on paying the tab was slow. Despite these MINOR things, we were EXTREMELY satisfied with this hotel and plan to stay there again. Can't wait for next year. Despite the other more negative reviews you have read, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. It is definitely not a 5-star hotel, but we sure were treated by the staff like it was 5-star. Thank you Holiday Inn St. Augustine Beach!

Unique Quality: Has great views from ocean front rooms and even the side views are great. Beds/bedding/pillows are updated and very comfortable. Furniture is nice. Rooms have good size refridgerator and some with microwave as well. Rooms were clean and cleaning staff did a great job. The front desk staff were outstanding. Very helpful and acommodating. They did things to improve our stay without being asked too. The beach, the pool, pool area and Tiki Bar were very clean and nice. The only thing that I would improve would be more tables with umbrellas by the pool.

More about Holiday Inn St. Augustine Beach

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member N_E_OhioBeachBum

This place was great. I wolud recomend the Holiday Inn St Augustine Beach to anyone. The room was nice and clean, the pool and beach were very nice. The buffet breakfast was good and the bar was also very good.

Would not stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member Mary1959

We just got back from a stay at the Holiday Inn. The beach and pool area were great, but the room was not up to par. We did bring our pet and was restricted to a certain area of the hotel. The room smelled bad and did not feel clean. I did not like being in the room at all. The room was small and the carpet felt dirty. The staff was friendly and courteous and the location on the beach was great. Part of the hotel had been renovated and those rooms may have been better. I won't find out because I will not stay here again.

RUN AWAY FAST!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lila108

We had just come from The Staybridge Suites at Disney (wonderful!), and boy what a million steps down this dump was! At check in the staff were very friendly, couldn't have been nicer, but, and it's a big but! The hallways smelled awful, carpets were filthy, and the room was awful as well, it was one of the newly renovatetd rooms, non smoking and supposedly on the other side of where pets are allowed, well it stunk like pets and smoke, the carpet was filthy and you couldn't have paid me to stay there, we asked for a refund, received it and went straight to the Castillo Real down the street and thanked our lucky stars! Thank you Castillo Real for saving our vacation!!!

Pet friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member midwifesunrise

We stayed there primarily because it was on the beach and accepted pets. Our room was on the 2nd floor accessible by stairs or elevator. The hallways were nicely tiled, clean and smelled slightly like pets. The staff was great, our pet felt welcome. The view from our balcony was overlooking the parking lot, there is no view. Nice pool, short walk to beach. My hubby surfs, and discovered a nice break just behind the hotel!
The beds were uncomfortable but the room was average and very clean.

Not what i expected from a holiday inn

by TripAdvisor Member ustraveler0410

We took a week vacation in St Augustine. I made reservations online. I booked a "Large" room that was beach front, had microwave and fridge. When i got to my room it had none of what i booked online. They told me it was more money than the $100 a night i was paying to be beach front. They did bring a fridge to my room but then tried to charge me $10 a day at my check out time, no microwave. Room was not large, bathroom was very small. The hotel maid did a great job cleaning everyday. The staff at the desk were very nice. We went to the hotel bar the night before we left and the "bartender" didnt know how to make any drink except pina colada and he was very rude, i told staff about him and he was actually the cook in the kitchen, just playing bartender. Dont eat at the resterant there at hotel...yuk yuk yuk. Plenty of great resterants in St augustine. Also dont come early for check in, they make sure its exactly 4pm before you get your room. I dont think I would stay here again. Not what i expected from a Holiday Inn.

No Worries

by TripAdvisor Member ProRater

The only down side to our trip was the weather, rain for two straight days and no possibility of lounging on the beautiful beach at the hotel. The room was fairly spacious and very comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. There's a bunch of beautiful mallards and other birds hanging around a nearby pond and they're looking for a handout, enjoyed watching the little rascals put on a show.

If you want a balcony, you'll need to ask for the third floor or higher since the first two floors do not have balconies. Also, shop for a choice room rate on several websites. Don't believe website claims of the lowest rate. While we were there the phone rang at the front desk and the clerk confirmed a two night stay for 57 dollars per night compared to the supposed lowest rate of 97 dollars shown on Orbitz and the Holiday Inn websites. We paid too much for sure, but it is a good hotel based on this one experience.

Great location, good value

by TripAdvisor Member mfs524

Had been reluctant to stay here based on previous reviews, but we were very pleased with our accomodations. We had six rooms reserved for a family reunion; all the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. All rooms had a small balcony and ocean view. The fact that the hotel has direct beach access is a decided advantage. We found all hotel personnel to be very helpful and friendly. We only ate breakfast at the hotel. The buffet was satisfactory.
It seems that all the rooms have been renovated - now it would be nice if the lobby, restaurant and bar could be renovated!

Nice location for Holiday Inn

by TripAdvisor Member keeprothestrz

This hotel is a little older and you can tell that. They are pet friendly and we saw a lot of pets there. Not too crazy about that but the animal rooms were all in a different section as I pd extra for the oceanfront view room. A little disappointed as the palm tree was right in front of my balcony and the sunrise pictures I expected to take were blocked. It is located on a nice piece of the beach which is what we wanted so that was nice. The bar inside had a " music man " playing a piano and playing with the internet at the same time. Mostly seniors in the bar. My girlfriend was the youngest one in there and she turned 37 the day we were there, if that tells you anything. The place was cleared out on a Saturday night and it was only 8:00, so we shot some pool and people watched the people that were left. Great Italian restaurant " Rosa something " down the road. Grocery store nearby with a few nice other places to grab a sandwich, ice cream in the same shopping plaza. Older Holiday Inn but quaint. Not worth $159 per night, but hey it was her B-day !!

needs some updating

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa17Provincetown

This was our second stop on our drive to south Florida and was a bit disappointing. I have to start bt saying that we were traveling with our dog and and for that reason alone this was a good pick. However, I wouldn't stay here again. For $130.00 you are basically paying to be on the beach. If you don't care about that than it is not worth the stay. This place truly needs an overhaul. I have a lot of tolerance when traveling but cleanliness is a MUST. This place need a better housecleaning staff or a budget for new sheets and bedding. I was glad I had an extra blanket in our car because the bedspread was all stained on the underside. I called housekeeping and they came immediately with new sheets and offered a new spread but the bad feeling was already set. Enough said.

Also, we were disappointed that breakfast was not included, but NO COFFEE. Ridiculous!

Comments