Alden Beach Resort

Alden Suites
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Don't Believe the Website's Special Prices

Very disappointed in the lack of customer service and inability to keep their own website's sale prices. DO NOT believe their false web sales. Upper management is totally unresponsive as well. Poor room design if you have children who must nap. I would not stay there again nor will I recommend any friends or family to stay their either. The facility is old - 1970's, old, look for a better kept facility. Pull out beds are terrible, better off sleeping on the floor.

• nancy531's Profile Photo

Clean Beach Living

For our first time in St. Pete's Beach we looked for reasonably priced resorts. Three things that put the Alden over the top of the others was the playground for the kids right next to the bar for adults and the abundant good online reviews. We were not disappointed. What I keep noticing was how clean everything was, from the room, to the grounds. Any request we made was met very quickly and pleasantly by the staff. We had plenty of space in our Nassau suite for two adults and two kids. The bedroom had a door so you could put the kids to bed and watch TV without disturbing them. Overall we had a great experience and we would stay there again.

Unique Quality: Two heated pools, hot tub, bar, kids playground, shuffleboard, ping pong, tennis, basketball, game room, laundry room (coin operated), very nice grounds and right on a huge beach. No restaurant on premises, but within walking distance to many restaurants. I recommend Skidders accross the street and the Harp and Thistle two doors down.

Directions: I-275 to Pinellas Bayway (Exit #17 old #4). Bayway to St. Pete Beach's Gulf Boulevard.  Then turn right 1.6 miles to the Alden Beach Resort .

More about Alden Beach Resort

Best Family Vacation Resort

We just got back from the best beach vacation in a very long time. And all the thanks and praises to The Alden Beach Resort & staff. There was something for all ages to do (basketball, tennis, beach volleyball, playground, pools & whirlpools, game room & more, the beach was great, & the resort & rooms were immaculate, yet family friendly. (We met some wonderful friends from all over the U.S.) If we needed directions, the staff would provide us with directions & a map. You are centrally located in St. Pete, and near enough to the other beaches up north, without staying in there crowded areas. Hats off & THANK YOU Alden Beach Resort & staff for a wonderful vacation.
P.S. Try the Parasailing !!!!!!!!

Very Acceptable

I agree with most of the reviews for the Alden. Let me state some facts. This is a resort, the beach is nice, the rooms and ammenities are acceptable meaning they are not brand new, they are not remodled within the last year or two, but in no way are they bad, or below a "better than average" ranking. They have two pools one 8 foot deep the other 6 foot deep and a hot tub. Laundry facilities are acceptable and cheap to use. The grounds are nice and well kept. I booked at the Buccaneer motel and canceled because it was musty, cheaply furnished and a city block walk to the pool. St. Pete Beach is a far better beach than Treasure Island and less congested. The draw backs are that the property on the resorts south side is an eye sore. There are larger than normal piles of sea shells along the shore but hey, this the ocean isn't it, you cannot expect no shells and it isn't a real big deal. I travel to Vegas several times a year and stay in $800 suites at the Luxor and Monte Carlo and I can tell you that this hotel is not the same caliber as these vegas hotels but 1. neither are any of the other hotels in this area and 2. the fact that my tastes are kind of high and I walked away from The Alden with a positive remarks should say something. Hope some of my rambling helps!

Honeymoon Heaven!!

A lovely resort, staffed by friendly people. My husband and I stayed at the Alden for our honeymoon after a beach wedding at Fort DeSoto beach. As we informed the resort ahead of time of the reason for our visit, the Alden kindly upgraded us to an even nicer room than we had originally reserved. The room was fab! - clean, well furnished, great view looking down the beach, big balcony. Probably even bigger than my own apartment in London!

The staff was incredibly friendly, especially in light of the fact that we were the last guests to check in that day - around 11pm at night. Free shaving cream for my husband-to-be who had just stepped off the flight from London. There is covered parking for your not-likely-to-be-tinted windows in your rental car.

I grew up in Tampa, and my family stayed at the Breckenridge Resort every year on St Pete Beach. It was great, but it was bought a couple of years ago by what is now the biggest resort complex on the beach, and has suffered greatly as a result. The Alden offers all the same great service the Breckenridge once did - at a much more reasonable price with no hidden charges, and staffed by people who truly care about the quality of your holiday. Whether you are from Florida or London, go and enjoy!!

Nice place to stay for a few days

by TripAdvisor Member Carolf32

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Alden. Overall, it was one of the best places we've ever stayed along the Gulf Coast. Like other reviewers, we found it to be clean, well-maintained and a nice family place. If you're looking for more of a "condo" type place to stay you probably wouldn't like it, but it is a nice hotel type of place. My only complaint is that the furniture in the sitting area was a little uncomfortable.

Is the paradise

At the begining before i made the reservation i was worry about. Then i read all the review on your website and i cant tell you is the true. I recommend this hotel for everybody families with kids and without kids. The suites are so comfortable and everything was very clean and perfect. Anything you need you just have to call the reception and they come right away. My kids enjoy the 2 pools a lot I have three kids ages 5,5,8. You have stores in the front of the hotel like subway, mcdonald, 7eleven, publix, walgreens etc. etc. Go to this hotel if you want a relaxing vacation of your life. Congratulations and i hope i see you soon. And hi everybody at the reception. My room was a nassau suite with pool view.

Comments