Bay Palm Resort

Orbitz.com Expedia.com CheapTickets.com

More about Bay Palm Resort

Never again

by TripAdvisor Member Wallaces

We stayed at the Bay Palm Resort for 4 nights in a standard efficiency. We have stayed in a good few motels in Florida over a few years and I have to say this was the worst ever. The room was large, kitchen small and barely adequate. Crockery and cutlery were odds and ends, not much matched. Bathroom was small, shower head was filthy. Window frames etc needed a good clean. When we tried to open a window the frame came out in our hands. Luckily we were able to fix it back in. Vertical blinds either did not open, or did not close. There was a leak under the kitchen sink, with a bowl underneath to catch the drips. When I pointed this out to the Manager he had no idea there was a problem.

One of the Best on the Beach for the money and for pet owners!

by TripAdvisor Member Tampa0707

I have stayed at the Bay Palm resort at least 5 times and each time has been great! They are very friendly and the place is a great value. Some of the rooms could be updated a little, but overall the place feels pretty clean and you can tell that they seem to care about the place and trying to make it a nice place to stay for the guests. The dock is great, you can see dolpins and fish and bring your boat up if you want to. The place is really great if you have pets. They allow pets, which can be a really tough thing to find when you look for resorts along the gulf coast. Overall, great location, great rooms, great for pets, and a wonderful value.

Probably our worst ever

by TripAdvisor Member OhioDave

Apparently "up-keep" is a dirty word here. Although our unit met minimal standards of cleanliness, many things had broken and not been fixed - for example, a window with numerous cracks in it had been "repaired" with Scotch tape, dresser drawer handles were missing, a bedroom window wouldn't crank shut, one venetian blind came only halfway down the window, etc. etc. etc. The owners seem to be willing to run this place into the ground. Our unit was on the ground floor facing the water, but untrimmed bushes blocked our view. The only positive was a friendly proprietor.

Used to be okay, but won't stay there again

by TripAdvisor Member tranchie

My husband and I have stayed at the Bay Palm a few times a year for the past several years, through several different managers and owners. It is hard to find a decent hotel that accepts dogs for a reasonable price in that area, and we found the Old Florida shabbiness of the place charming and relaxing. However, the last time we stayed we encountered numerous annoyances - first, we had to have them come change the smoke detector battery because it was beeping incessantly, and the remote control didn't work. They also didn't have the nice conveniences that previous managers had, like extra towels for the pool and the dog, dish soap in the room, and little packets of microwave popcorn & tea. None of this ruined our enjoyment for the trip though, until after we got home and found an email from them saying that they were charging us $35 for a broken towel rod that was ALREADY broken before we checked in! We hadn't bothered to report it, as we're used to things being broken and going unrepaired in places like that, but to charge us for something that clearly wasn't our fault was outrageous. I wrote back to them and told them to check with whoever had cleaned the room before we checked in, because they would obviously know that it was broken (the neatly folded towels were draped right over the broken part), but they did not even have the decency to respond to me and charged me that ridiculous extra $35 anyway! I absolutely refuse to support the current management.

Enjoyed our stay very much!

by TripAdvisor Member archsunsets

We were so pleased with the Bay Palms hotel during our 5 day stay. It was so much cozier than the high rise hotels. The manager escorted us to our room and the staff always made sure we had what we needed. We loved chatting with the other guests (both domestic and international travelers) on the dock or at the pool. Fishing and local entertainment couldn't have been more convenient either. The Wi-Fi signal might have been stronger though. We'll definitely be back when we visit family in the area. Thanks!

Fishing Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member msahoo

This is decent place. To really appreciate it, you need to visit all three hotels operated under this owner. I stayed here for the convenience for fishing. I did not fish much in the bay behind the property. The fish were not biting much behind there. But, this hotel is located in a good spot where I can get quickly to the major fishing areas like Fort Desoto, Skyway and Pass-a-Grille. The wireless internet signal was not strong enough to reach my room. Rather, I had to go up the street to the Plaza to use their internet when needed. The room was adequate for the price although the heater did not work and we had an unusual cold front move in making the nights chilly. The help there is curteous and sincere. I am sure they would have done something had I mentioned the heat, but I was able to manage without it. The utensils and silverware come in handy, too. As a fisherman that is more concerned about fishing rather than hotel ammenities, this place works out well.

Fantastic Motel!

by TripAdvisor Member dtbeckman

We were a little concerned about staying here due to some negative reviews. However, we found out that the motel had changed ownership in 2008 and the new management came in and completely renovated it. As it turns out, the negative reviews referred to the motel prior to the new owners (while we were there a friend of ours told us that it had been in really bad shape before the new owners took over).
The motel was beautiful overall. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. My husband loved the huge pier as he enjoys fishing. The kids lived in the pool (which was heated) and enjoyed seeing the manatees and dolphins that swam up to the dock.
The management was very friendly and open to ideas and suggestions. We asked if they would be willing to add more tables and chairs on the pier. Shortly after our vacation ended, we received a call telling us that the tables and chairs were being installed the next week. That was great news to us seeing as we are planning on spending our Christmas vacation there again next year.
The other great benefit is the location. The motel is not on the beach, but it is a very short walk (across the street) to the beach. This was perfect for us as the beach motels are more expensive and crowded. Plus, on cooler days we did not feel the effects of the cold wind that was felt on the beach side. We also enjoyed the fact that when we did want to be closer to the Gulf, we could go across the street to their sister property (Plaza Resort) and use their pool and their cabanas.
We will definitely be staying there again next year.

Another great stay

by TripAdvisor Member dmp523

Was able to stop by the resort and find availability. I had stayed at the neighboring resort before, but was wanting to spend a little less. The person at the desk gave me the keys and let me check out both rooms before deciding which. I decided on the "efficiency" which was still large! It had a living area with a full kitchen that was fully stocked, and a large bedroom area.

The only problem was the bedroom was right by the road, which usually I can sleep through anything so I didn't think that would be a problem. There isn't a lot of traffic during the night, but they were doing construction in the morning that woke me up. But that was no fault of the hotel.

Everyone staying there was quiet and friendly, as well as the staff. Walking distance to the beach and several restaurants and bars. Would definitely stay here again.

Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member ian_in_bristol

We stayed in a clean and tidy suite with living room/diner, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The living room window faced the bay and the pool was virtually next door. The stunning beach of St Petes is the opposite side of quite a busy road. This is the only motel where the staff escorted us to the room with an offer to inspect the facilities before we committed. Excellent service.

Wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member sdelight

This was our first time stay at St Pete Beach and our stay was perfect. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. The staff treated us wonderfully. We would definitely recommend this motel and we will go back there the next time we go to Florida.

Sunset - View from beach barSunset - View from beach bar

Salvador DaliSalvador Dali

St. Pete Beach.St. Pete Beach.

Comments