3400 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, Florida, 33706, United States

Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• St. Pete's Best Hotel

I've stayed at the Don Cesar numerous times. It is a luxury hotel, but doesn't forget that it is first and foremost a luxury BEACH hotel. The pools are comfortable, with excellent poolside service. The rooms are beautifully appointed, although vary in size from the rather small to the spacious. I noticed no price difference attributed to room size, which is rather disappointing, but I suppose it is a factor of the era in which it was built. The history of the hotel is impressive and worth investigating.

The restaurants are all excellent.

The beautiful beach is less crowded than at other hotels up the way. It's great for a morning jog, or just walking and enjoying the sound of the waves.

Unique Quality: Best poolside service and bar I have found in Florida!

Directions: On the beach.

• hbgood's Profile Photo

The pink palace!

The hotel looks like barbie's palace. It is so gorgeous and stands out against the other cheaper looking hotels. The history of the building is pretty neat. While the rooms are expensive, it is worth splurging on a night there! My boyfriend and I splurged on a full gulf view and the photos were amazing. Falling asleep to the sound of the waves was wonderful. On the down side, the staff could have been more professional for the prices you were paying. Just because you are on the younger side of the guests there (mainly older people with money), does not mean you should be treated differently.

Unique Quality: Unique qualities: The history!! The building was built in the 1920's I believe. Al Capone and F. Scott Fitzgerald have stayed there--def. cool. Also, President Clinton has been to brunch at the 4 star Maritana Grille which has amazing food. There are also aquariums inside and we had a great view of lionfish next to our table. Furthermore, the seats we had were like classy booths with pillows which ws very comfortable. Governor Jeb Bush stays there sometimes too. It is nice to feel rich for a day!

Directions: Travel toward Pass-A-Grille and it will be on your right--right after the turn to go toward Fort Desoto Park.

• the one and only Pink Palace

Don CeSar - the notorious Pink Palace hotel is a landmark of St. Pete Beach. This stunning luxury hotel stands out for miles, primarily because its color is so extremely vivid. If you're not staying in the resort and want to visit the hotel, come dine at one of the restaurants. Many people (aka broke me) do. The resort is a very popular honeymoon locale, or even weddings. It's infested with lovebirds everywhere. I don't know if pink is an aphrodisiac, but you can feel love in the air - it's just one of those places.

Unique Quality: private beach (Bayside), hence it is less crowded with the throngs of partygoers on the gulfside.

More about Don Cesar Beach Resort

Don Cesar Beach Condos a Nice Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member love2travelky

My 4 year old son and I recently visited the Don Cesar Beach Condos at St. Pete Beach. Upon check-in my son received a sand bucket with extras inside. We thought the rooms were very nice compared to other places we have stayed on the beach. The rooms came with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and two full baths. It was a one bedroom condo with 2 pull out beds in the living room. It has a nice pool with a hot tub. The beach was wonderful!! One suggestion, if you like it quiet request a ocean front room and not a pool side room.

Pink Beach Resort

by Florida999 about Don Cesar

We didn't actually stay there, but have driven by this large pink resort many times, so I took a photo......
I added a link to their website for any that do wish to stay there. It is in a nice location.
I gave it a great rating, since I had to pick one, and somehow I am assuming it is nice inside ....

Heaven

by hbgood about Maritana Grille

Another cannot miss. It is a 4 star restaurant inside the Don Cesar Hotel. While it is fine dining and thus expensive, it is less expensive than I expected because of its location and ambience. Eating in comfy booths with pillows next to a tank filled with lionfish was neat. We had a great bottle of gewurtraminer and the entree sauce were exquisite. Don't forget to have dessert and coffee! We had chocolate mousse with Godiva white chocolate liquor and the coffee is in a french press--quite fancy.

The Don was a Downer

The Don CeSar touted luxury and grace as a 4 star hotel in all advertisements. I found it to be over-priced and over-embellished. The resort was closer to be a party-like, family atmosphere that pumped “soft” rock at an unacceptable level all day long. Even under water, one cannot escape the noise for peace as there are speakers in the pool! There are 2 lovely pools with a somewhat attentive pool staff. However the amount of rude, loud, boisterous, splashing children was enough to overshadow any pleasure poolside. The service and accommodations left much to be desired for the astronomical rate of $350 a night. The rooms were very small and the staff was inconsistent in their levels of professionalism.

The Don is Great

by TripAdvisor Member nanciface

We just came back from 2 days at the Don Cesar. Everything was great, from the upgrade we received at check-in to a beautiful suite, to the beautiful beach and pool areas. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast, great lunch from the pool bar and a delicious drink poolside, as well. The staff was friendly, attentive and efficient. The facilities are beautiful. We especially loved spending the evening in the lobby listening to the piano player and enjoying a coffee drink from the lobby bar. All in all, a great time had by my husband and me and our two teenagers.

Another Great Experience

Just returned today from my 7th or 8th trip to the Don Cesar. This was another great experience. Beach area, facilities, food, and customer service could not have been any better. I only like staying at high end hotels...and this is one. Although the rooms are a bit small, I would not hesitate to go back again and again.

nice place

My sister, her niece and I stayed at the Don last summer. We had a great time . The room was nice and clean, but not overly great like the internet site claims. The pools were very nicely kept and the beach area was fantastic! Service at the poolside bar was very good but drinks are way overpriced! The shops are also very overpriced as well as the restaurants. We would definitely stay again, as long as the trolley is still running so we can find a place to eat and shop. The host in the lobby was very helpful and even loaned us umbrellas on a rainy day!

The Don was superb!

I just returned from the Don after a five day stay! This place is as close to tropical paradise as central Florida comes! The scenery, the beach, the pool, are all great! The beach is so clean and quiet. The pools get a little busy during mid day but there is still plenty of space! The hotel itself is excellent! It is very clean ... the staff is also very nice. 95% of ALL staff members at the hotel had a pleasant "hello" throughout the day. The concierge could not be more helpful. I wanted to leave the hotel for the day and try and find alligators in the wild. The concierge found three parks and lakes that I could go to. They printed out the information and directions and brought it right up to my room! The service at this hotel is superb! Everyone is very friendly. The rooms are a bit small but very clean and furnished nicely. The rest of the hotel and its surroundings make up for a smaller size room that you pretty much only sleep in. Go visit the Don, relax by the pool or in the warm Gulf and you too will look back upon it as a memorable and gracious experience!

St. Petersburg Beach at the Don CeSarSt. Petersburg Beach at the Don CeSar

Don Cesar beach resort St. PetersburgDon Cesar beach resort St. Petersburg

Hotels ???

by Steve280

I posted a few weeks ago, looking at the price of travel from Orlando to New York. We have since changed our minds and deciding to drive to Tampa bay area. We will be staying for 2 or 3 nights and would like to be on or near the beach. We will be there in early Feb, can anyone reccommend accommodation?

Steve

Re: Hotels ???

by Tippecanoe

Hi Steve, I've stayed at two. There are not a lot of beach locations in the area like you may expect. You can go to Clearwater (the closest) and I've stayed at the Marriott there but it's not really on the beach, it's more like a bay. The nicest option (also most expensive) is the Don Cesar in St. Pete. St. Pete has much nicer beaches and is not as congested at Clearwater.

Re: Hotels ???

by OttonJana

Tampa and beach are mutually exclusive.

Comments