Saint Pete Beach Hotels

• toni621 profile photo toni621
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sirata Beach Resort: NEVER AGAIN

Pictures are incredibly deceiving, people. Do not waste your money at this place, it is not worth it! We were given a downgraded room even though we pre-paid for a king suite, bathtubs in both rooms were dirty, the beds are up against the front door so you're woken up every time someone walks by, we had a cooktop but no pots or pans, so what's the point. The staff is unprofessional and rude, the restaurants are very, very expensive and the jacuzzi has salt water in it. Other people we spoke to had unauthorized charges to their room by someone who swindled a dinner from the restaurant using their room number, and the hotel refused to remove the charges. Another thief staying at this "resort" stole everything we owned at 11 a.m., our tent, our chairs, my children's sand toys, etc, and hotel security blamed us! I didn't realize you had to pack up everything you own when you need to use the restroom or go to your room for lunch. Although it was not their fault that we were robbed, not one single staff member, including the MANAGER, showed an ounce of understanding or compassion and basically acted like it was operation normal around there. Their security cameras were broken too. The security guard told me stuff gets stolen all the time, and we should consider ourselves "lucky" that it only happened to us once in 10 years of going to the beach. Unbelievable! At $200 a night you expect higher customer service, and not expect to see someone fall off the 3rd story balcony, which is another incident that happened during our stay, because drunks are everywhere and they're making money off them. They will nickel and dime you on everything, so be prepared to pay to use a luggage cart, wifi, the pool table, and parking across the street on Gulf Blvd. if their lot is full. We are locals and I am prepared to tell everyone of our experience at this horrible place.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written July 6, 2010

• Feff profile photo Feff
  • Reviews: 20
Well when I stayed there it...

Well when I stayed there it was a Holiday Inn, I am not sure if it is now. It was right on the beach. My husband and I really liked the view from our balcony. While we were their they had an electrical storm and we sat on our balcony and watched.

• Opinion of Price: