3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

5300 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, Florida, 33706, United States

Sirata Beach Resort
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Sirata is a nice place with great beach front.

You can't please all the people all the time!
    We are going to this place again in May for Memorial Day Weekend. If you have a large family like me then ask for the family sweet. King Bed, 2 Bunk beds and a queen sleeper sofa!
    The rooms are just fine. You spend most of the time out of the room anyway!
    They have a playground on the beach. 3 Pools, Bars, Live music. Great atmospheere!
    Works for me.
    LOVE St. Pete. Wish I could live there!

Directions: The Beach Baby!

• whateverlolawants's Profile Photo

Get a good deal (of sun and sand) at the Sirata

Stayed for 3 nights in March 2007. Reservation was for an ocean front deluxe room. It's not as deluxe as you imagine but the view makes up for the lack of swank. The room was large enough and clean. The bathroom was a bit dated. Really though, it's tough to complain when you sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean view. For those who prefer upscale accommodations, you should pass as this place is unlikely to measure up. For those who want something nice but will spend most of their time outside the room, this is ideal.

Unique Quality: Nice beach and good beach bars.

More about Tradewinds Sirata Beach Resort

NEVER AGAIN

by toni621 about Sirata Beach Resort

Pictures are incredibly deceiving, people. Do not waste your money at this place, it is not worth it! We were given a downgraded room even though we pre-paid for a king suite, bathtubs in both rooms were dirty, the beds are up against the front door so you're woken up every time someone walks by, we had a cooktop but no pots or pans, so what's the point. The staff is unprofessional and rude, the restaurants are very, very expensive and the jacuzzi has salt water in it. Other people we spoke to had unauthorized charges to their room by someone who swindled a dinner from the restaurant using their room number, and the hotel refused to remove the charges. Another thief staying at this "resort" stole everything we owned at 11 a.m., our tent, our chairs, my children's sand toys, etc, and hotel security blamed us! I didn't realize you had to pack up everything you own when you need to use the restroom or go to your room for lunch. Although it was not their fault that we were robbed, not one single staff member, including the MANAGER, showed an ounce of understanding or compassion and basically acted like it was operation normal around there. Their security cameras were broken too. The security guard told me stuff gets stolen all the time, and we should consider ourselves "lucky" that it only happened to us once in 10 years of going to the beach. Unbelievable! At $200 a night you expect higher customer service, and not expect to see someone fall off the 3rd story balcony, which is another incident that happened during our stay, because drunks are everywhere and they're making money off them. They will nickel and dime you on everything, so be prepared to pay to use a luggage cart, wifi, the pool table, and parking across the street on Gulf Blvd. if their lot is full. We are locals and I am prepared to tell everyone of our experience at this horrible place.

Sirata hotel

I couldn't agree more with the previous review. We stayed at the Sirata from Dec. 26th to Dec. 29th. I expected a three star hotel and was quite dissappointed. There are 2 or 3 sections to the Sirata, and the room we had looked as though it was a property acquired from an older motel. First, there is no closet space. Expect to dig clothes out of your bag. Next, our room was adjacent to some type of utility room that had some type of compressor that made the loudest, annoying noise. The only nice thing about our room was access to the beach. Before coming to the Sirata we stayed in Orlando at the Rodeway Inn for about $35/night. We weren't too concerned as we expected to be at the parks and only needed a place to sleep. The look and feel of the Sirata was no different, yet it cost us $169/night. This was a real dissappointment because we thought we had selected a nice resort where we could really relax. Would not stay there again.........

Enjoyed the Sirata

My husband and I recently visited the St. Pete area for the first time. For the price I would highly recomment the Sirata. Very nice,clean, facilities with courteous staff and excellent beach accessibility. There weren't many kids there so I would say the atmosphere was gear more towards grown ups and couples. The rooms were clean and the service was excellent. I will stay here when we vacation in St. Pete again. The restaurants on the premises were good too especially Durango's! We had a good time, looking forward to returning again soon.

sirata very nice

We stayed at the Sirata 12/26/03 - 1/2/04. Our room was on the second floor, with a view of the courtyard. We paid $125 a night. There was plenty of space for clothes, with a 6 drawer dresser, and the closet was a clothes bar with hangers, and a shelf. There were always plenty of clean pool/beach towels for our use. The pool we used the most was always clean, as was the patio surrounding the pool. The only thing I was not happy with was they advertised as having water trykes, and they did not have them. They were supposed to be included with the explorer value pass. But the beach was beautiful, and the cabanas were great! We would stay here again! Also, Durangos, the restaurant attached to the hotel, had wonderful food.

Resort, Not really

We spent 10 nights at the Sirata Beach Resort at St. Pete Beach Florida from Dec 11 to the 21st 2003. To call this a resort is a misnomer.

Expedia (where I booked the hotel) tells us that the suites have a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and cook top) for their suites.
That's close, there is no cooktop and the refrigerator freezer holds two ice cube trays! Be prepared to do your shopping almost daily as there just is no space for frozen food. They do give you a microwave pot and some kind of cooking dish (although we couldn't figure out what to use it for). They also gave us just three knives, forks and spoons.
The sink is a bar sink, so don't plan on leaving dishes around for any length of time as you will fill it instantly.

The water tastes and smells oily. We couldn't deal with it and had to buy bottled. This was only the case of the smell in the kitchen, the other rooms still tasted bad.

The suite we stayed in had a number of major problems at check in.
First was the kitchen (mentioned above), there is only one closet (and that is the bedroom). One small chest (6 drawers) means you better not have packed much.

We found that one of the curtain rods was missing and that the furnace / AC filter was so clogged with dust that I awoke every morning with a hair ball stuck in my throat.

They have two TV's in the place, yet you will have to ask for two remotes as they only furnish you with one. Further the TV in the living room doesn't have on it the Hotel Service Guide and if you want to order movies or play Ninetendo you can only do it on the smaller TV in the bedroom. It doesn't make sense but that's the way it is!

When we arrived we had a King Bed made up with a Full size Matress pad, Full size Bottom sheet and Queen size Top Sheet. My Wife went Ballistic over this and the next day they corrected this. We had asked for Extra Pillows on Check in, they weren't there. I also asked to be away from an elevator, they put us next to one.

We did make a list and after three days, our concerns were taken care of (Except for the Kitchen and Water) Strangely enough, the ice machine has TWO water filtration devices on it and there is no aftertaste in the cubes.

Be prepared to speak spanish or use hand signals for the Chambermaids.
They speak Spanish or broken English at best. We found it best to tell the front desk what are needs were and they (we assume) translated that to their people.

The 10.00 a day fee drives me nuts (This is for the Ammenties that you get as a hotel guest.) Unfortunatly the one that I needed most (High Speed Internet Service) isn't available although they advertise it! The hookup is there yet they haven't turned it on. Even there business area uses dialup. They also have Water Trikes but they didn't have any as these were on order. Yet I was still paying for this service. And take a page from Disney. All calls have a dollar service charge if you don't have the 10.00 a day fee.

The bar by the main pool wasn't open for the length of time we were there. I was told it was undergoing renovations. That was a crock. Not one person set foot in the place while we were there.

The Washer / Dryers are available to the public which we were thankful for. Cost 1.50 a load (reasonable) and the washers are huge. Just don't plan on drying anything. We used half a washer and after three drying cycles (4.50) we gave up with slightly damp clothes.

We were on the 6th floor overlooking the ocean. Great view. The balconey (except for missing one plastic table) was great. We wish we could have turned off the outside light but you couldn't.

Would we stay there again? Not Likely. At $239.00 a night (In reality it's $276.40- 11% tax and the 10.00 hotel fee) We got a buy one night get one free deal . This is advertised as a Three Star Hotel. We looked at the other Tradewind Properties as well. I don't think they are well run and the maintenance appear to be done when someone complains.

My last point. They have questionaires requesting your input into their resort. However you have to supply the stamp to mail this. That being said, I don't really think they are looking for your input.

Great place for daughters destination wedding

visited Sirata Beach to start making wedding arrangements and couldn't be happier with both the areas for the wedding{in the grotto],the cocktail hour[in the breeze way overlooking the beach], and the 8th floor reception room with the panoramic view of the gulf and bay.All of the staff really make you feel that they will do everything possible to make this a great destination wedding.

Great Time

We were at the Sirata Jan 22 - 24. We had a great time. Nice room, very large, we had a full sized cook top, full sized refridgerator. Very comfortable beds. Only a couple steps from the beach and pool. (We were on the 1st floor) I highly recommend the Durango Restaurant that was on the property. Very good food at an amazingly great price. I would go back here if I go back to St Pete's Beach.

You are difficult to please if you can't enjoy yourself here!

I am picky, picky picky and we had a lovely time at Sirata. It makes me so mad that i stressed for weeks before our trip because of the poor reviews that i read ahead of time. I can't imagine what these people expect -- someone to wash your feet for you? We paid about $80 a night for a four-night stay in early december. The weather was so-so (bring at least one pair of pants and a sweater), but the resort was beatiful, the grounds are lovely, the beach is perfect!! and every single person who works there was helpful and nice. The room was wonderful. No, this isn't the New York Hilton. They are average rooms in comparision, but good quality. It is comfortable and clean. There is tons to do in the area, and the big city isn't too far away. We had a lovely stay and can't wait to go back!

Comments