5900 Gulf Blvd., Saint Pete Beach, Florida, 33706, United States

Alden Suites
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• alden beach resort a good value

The Alden Beach is simple and clean, right on a fabulous beach. We had a 1-bedroom Lanai suite with a beach-front balcony. The kitchen is very handy so you can enjoy meals out on the balcony. Close to Publix and lots of restaurants. Front desk staff is welcoming. We paid about $219 over Christmas 2005 and are going back for ten days this December. Alden's website does a very good job of describing exactly what you're booking. No frills, no glitz, just a good value.

Unique Quality: beach

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Right on the beach!

The Alden is not, like, the most awesome place in the world to stay, but it's the same quality as most of the hotels on St. Pete Beach . . . . only slightly nicer.

More about Alden Resort Hotel

Alden beach resort-Good value

by TripAdvisor Member ColaSC96

Just returned from a week in St Pete Beach at the Alden. We had a Lanai Oceanfront suite which was fine other than the kitchenette area was a little too small. Overall, the suite was rather small, but more than adequate for 2 adults. The Alden is not ritzy, but it is clean and updated and has all the amenities you expect at this type of "resort". Their website give you a true overview of the place. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Some food recommendations: Vito & Michael's in St Pete Beach has excellent pizza, Snappers across the street from the Alden is a great "nicer" restaurant, Frenchy's Rockaway in Clearwater has good food plus pigeons roaming the restaurant like dogs looking for handouts.

Absolutely loved it!

We absolutely loved the Alden Beach Resort and St. Petersburg in general. It is a wonderful place to take your family. We have a 19 month old daughter who went crazy for the ocean and the pools. We stayed for 10 days, had a Gulf Front Hotel room that was exceptionally clean and well-maintained. It was a very big Suite that comfortably fit myself, my husband, daughter, mother-in-law and father in-law.
We loved the ocean, although I couldn't stand not being able to see my feet in the water. There were a lot of little fish, some stingrays and many birds and pelicans flying above our heads. The ocean was exceptonally warm; at times unbearable. But to cool off, we would hang out either in the Hotel room or at the 2 refreshing and very clean pools of the resort.

They have a nice playground for the kids; my daughter enjoyed it very much.

What can I say, my husband and I teared when we shut the door of our hotel room to head back home. This is definitely a place we would like to visit again.

Enjoy your stay. It is well worth it.

No Non-Smoking Rooms / Beware

I reserved a non-smoking room for my wife and two children. After arriving and payment, the room we were given was full of nasty smoke odor. It was over-powering. THey were booked-up, so no change of room. They brought in two noisy air purifier's. We had to leave the doors open. Even the maintenance man (whom smoked) said it wsa bad. The next day the Asst. General Manager said I could leave and not pay second night. We had friends staying at the Resort, so this wasn't an option. All workers at the Alden were very nice and professional (except Manager). The Beach is great. Our couch was nasty filthy also. There were spots all over it. If you want you and your children in smoke free rooms, don't book here. If you do book there and have my same problems, they'll tell you too bad, they are full anyway.

A++ Vacation Spot!!

We just returned from the Alden and we loved every minute of it!!! The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. We have 2 boys (ages 9 & 6) and we all loved it there. We played tennis, used the game room and swam in the pools & hot tubs. We had a Cayman suite overlooking the ocean and it was wonderful! The room was laid out well and soooo clean! We loved sitting on the balcony overlooking all the beach activity. We played volleyball on the beach & enjoyed the Cabana Bar watching the sunset. Overall -- A+++ -- very friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend this hotel to anyone & everyone visiting the St. Pete Beach area!!!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member eth72

With previous reviews like that, how could we not stay there? We very very pleased and it made for our best vacation ever! The place was beautiful - pools were great, whirlpools nice, BBQ area nice, beach fantastic! The rooms were a little on the small side and you could tell the place was built in the late 60s and renovated fairly well... With such a beautiful beach though, you don't spend much time in the unit, so it really doesn't matter. Staff very friendly, plenty of parking, laundry facilities nice and cheap, what more could you ask for? I'd recommend the Lanai or other oceanfront suites with a balcony for the most enjoyment and privacy... Can't wait to go back!

Comments