Best Western Beach Front Hotel St Petersburg

More about Saint Petersburg

Pass-a-grillePass-a-grille

The Pier, downtown St. Petersburg, FLThe Pier, downtown St. Petersburg, FL

Downtown St. Petersburg, FLDowntown St. Petersburg, FL

johns pass boardwalkjohns pass boardwalk

Nice beach, nice motel?

Hi
My husband and I are looking for a nice beach/motel for a little vacation in January. We do want to be fairly close to Tampa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Would it be a better idea to be on the bay rather than the gulf this time of year? Is the water swimmable?
We've never been to florida so any help you can offer would be terrific!
btw: no kids with us! :)
Thanks, Meenie

Re: Nice beach, nice motel?

by DennySchardt

I live in St Pete Beach. It takes me about 25 minutes to get to the Tampa airport if that gives you any idea how close we are to Tampa. I don't know what water temp you are used to swimming in but January the water is cold for us. If you want to communicate with me directly about specifics my email is schardt@earthlink.net

by Meenie1

Thanks Denny, for both your replies.
Maybe we'll just stay in Tampa since it will be too cold for swimming and just visit the beach one day. Know any nice places in Tampa that don't charge an arm and a leg? We plan to go to Busch Gdns and to the play "Jesus Christ Super Star"
Thanks, Meenie

by Jane_The_Obscure

Hi, I stayed with a friend when I visited St. Pete and Tampa, so I don't have a hotel recommendation, but I do suggest taking some time to check out the Salvador Dali museum! When I visited, they also had a really neat Andy Warhol art exhibit as well. It was well worth the trip.

Thanks Jane,
I appreciate your reply ... the museum sounds fascinating!
Meenie :)

Re: Nice beach, nice motel?

by brandonmarlo

You might want to try these ones from La Quinta (with the link you could see where they are located). They are unexpensive hotels and pretty fine, you can book them on line, that if you stay in Tampa (though they have in other locations too):

If you decide to go to St. Pete there are many alternatives of hotels on the seaside, probably you should book them with fair anticipation.

All the best,

Brandon Marlo

Travel Tips for Saint Petersburg

The Pier is the #1 must-see...

by snoop_sister

The Pier is the #1 must-see attraction in St. Pete. The Pier has it all..great opportunities for scenic photography, rentals of watercraft (not my favorite thing, because they're noisy), fishing, shops, an aquarium, a variety of restaurants and snack bars, pelicans sunning themselves on the pier walls. Paddling a canoe through Coffee Pot Bayou and encountering a dolphin. Strolling through marinas and drinking up the atmosphere which is so different than our hometown.

tropicana field

by doug48

tropicana field also known as the suncoast dome is located just west of downtown st. pete. tropicana field is home to the tampa bay rays MLB team. a fun thing to do in the summer and fall when the rays are in town. check the attached web site for dates and ticket information.

Treasure Island drum circle every Sunday

by ERiger

One of my favorite places to go on a Sunday afternoon to late evening is the Treasure Island drum circle which usally starts at around 2 pm and goes till late in the night. Whether you are into relaxing and listening to the music or bringing your own crazy instruments made or bought this place is a good place to check out.

Great place to relax on a Sunday before you have to head into another long work week.

a Palm Harbor favorite

by arasnosliw about Thirsty Marlin

Thirsty Marlin, one of the most well known establishments in Palm Harbor, serves an array of typical Floridian/Caribbean foods. The extensive menu is full of tasty seafood dishes like cracked conch and grilled fish. The restaurant's large patio hosts live music 5 days a week, and considering that Florida's weather is usually pleasant at night, it's the perfect place to sit and dine. Oddly enough the restaurant also has a sushi bar, it didn't originally strike me as a place that would serve sushi.

I spent my New Year's Eve here, much to my dismay originally, but I must admit it turned out to be a memorable night after all. The problem is that we ran between about 10 different restaurants before settling at this one about an hour from midnight, and we were all cranky and bickering with each other. The tasty food certainly shut us up. anything with conch, ahi, scallops, grouper (local specialty)

If you are in St. Pete, I...

by syrinx1912

If you are in St. Pete, I would strongly suggest you go to a Florida Orchestra concert. If you know one of the musicians, I'm sure you can get free tickets. They're really spectacular.
It's moving.